Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Free My Soul ❯ Judgement ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Free My Soul: A Suicide Tale

Legal Blah: YYH belongs to someone, but it's not me so you can't sue, I just happen to be
using these characters to suit my twisted designs, the only thing I own in here is my (now dead) OC, Miyoh Urameshi.

Key
*thinking*
"talking"
*thoughts progressing into speech"
//telepathy//
'substitute for italics'
(occassional poem or something else)

A/n: I've been sick and out of town. That's why I'm late updating.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Seven: Judgement

::Infinity, beside the River Styx::

Miyoh was staring down into the clear waters of the Styx. It had been a week since they'd touched ground here.

"Why do I have to drink this water, it doesn't look so special." she asks her fairywoman, Hana, who sighs, she was getting sick of waiting.

"You have to, for me to transport you any further than here. If you don't then you'll be put in Limbo until you decide to drink it, because I'm getting sick of waiting for you to, we've been here for a week! Besides, this water prepares you for judgement, now decide damnit!"

Miyoh frowns, resigns herself to drinking the water, and then hops back on Hana's oar.

"Alright, I'm done, let's go."

"My my, in such a hurry for your trial?"

"Just fly me to where ever we're going Miss Grimmy."

Hana mentally growls at the new nickname and rises high up into the air.

Why were all of the Urameshi's so difficult, this Miyoh girl was worse than her mom, Atsuko.

"I could drop you from here you know."

Miyoh frowns.

"And then I will come back and sue you using the plea of attempted murder on my part and then you will be without a job."

Hana does the 0.o face.

"Oh that's right, you were a law intern." she says, more to herself than Hana.

"Yep, now lets get on to this trial thing so I can get my life back like Yusuke did."

"You shouldn't be so confident Miyoh." Hana replies scathingly. "You made one of our best spirit detectives suffer through hell and he's struggling for his life even now, because your foolish suicide pushed what was left of him to the edge. We have a friend of mine there with his candle and it's flickering dangerously, we have word that he may not make it through the night. Koenma will probably place you in Jigoku's 'Paradise' for this."

Yusuke's words come back to haunt Miyoh: ' "So you can shut up, and when you die, I'll ask Koenma to make sure you rot in Jigoku!" '

"Damn." she says under her breath and buries her face in her hands. "Why was I such an idiot and a bitch?"

Tears run down her face to mix with the dried blood that still stains her white blouse.

Hana says nothing, just shakes her head for the poor lost soul that sits behind her, and the other that may be here soon.

::7:13am, Kurama's house::

Yusuke was barely clinging to the shred of life offered to him, his breathing was shallow, his skin paler than a ghost's, and he was running a fever. Kurama manages to get enough medicinal tea down his throat to bring his fever down and stabilize his life force though, but he still looked iffy. Botan reappears, solidly this time and squeals happily.

"He's going to make it, yay!" she throws her arms around Kurama's neck in joy. Kurama sighs, thanking whatever diety that was letting Yusuke stay in the living world. Botan jabbers on, oblivious to the possibility that Kurama can't hear her.

Yusuke moans in his sleep, turning on his side, a bit of hair falling into his face.

Kurama smiles lightly, brushing the hair away.

"His candle is fine Kurama, I'm gonna go back and take care of Miyoh, Hana will watch the candle, don't let him fade on us okay?!" Botan says as Kurama nods and she disappears.

::Infinity, Hall of Candles::

Hana sits in a chair, watching the all of the spirit detective's life candles.

"Why do I get stuck with the boring jobs?" she wonders, secretly glad she's away from that lost soul called Miyoh.

She watches Yusuke's candle flicker briefly, then go back to it's strong state.

::Infinity, Rekai Courtroom::

"Do you understand what you have done?"

"Yes, Your Honor."

"I only have one question, why?"

"I was only trying to teach him Your Honor."

"Teach him what may I ask, Miss Urameshi?"

"Respect and Discipline."

"By hurting him?"

"Yes, Your Honor." Miyoh says, regretting her words. *What the hell's wrong with me? Why can't I lie dammit?!*

"Ha ha, it's because of the waters of the Styx." a silky voice from the jury pipes up.

"Yes, that's why little human." a snakelike voice says as well.

"Settle, settle." the judge says, calling intermission.

The jury corresponds with the judge, King Yama, in the intermission. Botan is trying to calm Miyoh down, she's hysterical over the impending judgement.

King Yama goes back to the stand.

"Settle, settle, the judgement is finished."

The jury settles down and sits.

"Miyoh Urameshi, we are prepared to give you one final chance to redeem yourself."

Miyoh looks up, hopeful-like.

"What are the terms, Your Honor?"

Yama looks down at her.

"You will have 6 months, if in that time you can get your brother stabilized and away from any and all suicidal thoughts, then we shall grant you the opportunity to be a shinimegami or be admitted into the Garden of Eternity. However, if you fail and he makes one suicide attempt, just one, then we shall damn you to Jigoku's 'Paradise' for eternity! You will live with him as a half-spirit for a year to try and fulfill your mission." He booms as he slams his gavel onto the desk. "Judgement has been passed, Court Dismissed!"

Botan does a little squeak of happiness and hugs Miyoh.

"They're giving you a second chance, but be warned, Kurama and Hiei will be on the watch for you, they'll report any slip-ups to Rekai immediately." she tells her warningly as she pulls out her oar. "Get on, you're going back to Ningenkai."

Miyoh climbs on, watching as they phase through the doors and are back out flying over the River Styx.

Botan opens a portal to Kurama's house and guides them into it.

::9:58am, Kurama's house::

Kurama, working at his desk, feels an energy shift as Botan and a girl with her hands over her face float out of the portal, he first notices the bloodstain on her shirt.

"So I take it the verdict was in her favor Botan?" he asks, appearing calm on the outside, but struggling genuinely inside to keep Youko from coming out and rending Miyoh limb from limb.

Botan nods, letting Miyoh off the oar as she explains what the verdict was. Miyoh makes her way over to Yusuke's bed, silently gazing down at him.

She sighs, going over to sit in a chair off near the window.

'I thought you had escaped Miyoh, thought you didn't want to hear me anymore...'

"Who's there?" she whispers under her breath, looking around.

'You've forgotten me that quickly? It's only been a week...'

"You should be gone..."

'Well I'm not Miyoh, I'm still here, we're going to have lots of fun. Hahaha.'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anaki: No, it's not Hiei doing it this time, you'll find the rest out later, I don't wanna spoil it. ^^

RC#16: Can't we just leave her dead?

Anaki: No.

RC#16: Hmph, well review anyway, I'm sure she'll make it even more interesting.