Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Free My Soul ❯ Stupid Sisters That Piss You Off (pt. 2) ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Free My Soul: A Suicide Tale

Legal Blah: YYH belongs to someone, but it's not me so you can't sue, I just happen to be
using these characters to suit my twisted designs, the only thing I own in here is my (now dead) OC, Miyoh Urameshi.

Key
*thinking*
"talking"
*thoughts progressing into speech"
//telepathy//
'substitute for italics'
(occassional poem or something else)
~POV~

A/n: Dear Setolover2, as of now there is no pairing, but if I decide to do one it 'may' (notice the 'may') happen in Chapter 11 and possibly be between Kurama/Yusuke or Yusuke/Hiei. However I never intended for this to be Yaoi/Shounen-Ai so there might not be a pairing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Ten: Stupid Sisters That Piss you Off (pt. 2)

::2:23pm, Going to the store::

~Author~

Well things had been okay so far. Yusuke's walking along the fence, ignoring curious glances, and Miyoh is walking on the sidewalk, trying to hide the fact that they are actually traveling together.

Yusuke snorts and hops off the fence to walk beside her after a policeman gets on his case.

"Say Yusuke?"

He looks her way, an annoyed expression on his face.

"What'd red-head want us to get from the store?"

He hands her a list, pulling it back to him for a sec as she reaches for it.

"His name is Kurama, not red-head. Get it right."

"Fine, what'd Kurama ask us to get?"

He holds out the list again and Miyoh snatches the bit of paper from him, sneering.

"Thank you, Yusu-kun." she says sarcastically.

'You know this isn't helping your trial any.' the voice tells her singsongingly.

*Shut up you, I'm not in the mood.*

'Ooh, someone's pissy today.'

*Fuck off.*

Yusuke, unaware of her mental convo, rolls his eyes as they get to the grocery store; he goes in, not bothering to hold the door for her so that it almost hits her in the face.

Miyoh resists the urge to rip the door off the hinges and maul him with it, instead going in calmly like nothing happened.

She looks around to find Yusuke milling about the produce section, picking up tomatos and such, and gives him back the list, having already memorized it. The shopkeeper goes over to Yusuke as Miyoh walks away.

"We don't allow your kind in here Urameshi."

Yusuke's face takes on a dark look as he glares daggers at the heavyset shopkeeper, who tries not to piss himself from fear.

"Oh yeah? Exactly what is my kind?" he asks, his voice low.

"Y-You shoplift, we don't allow that, you're going to have to leave before I call the authorities.

"Go. Fuck. Yourself. I'm just getting some food."

"Leave."

"Asshole!" he growls at the guy, jacking him up by his shirt. "I've got every goddamn right to be here!"

The shopkeeper tries to regain his composure as Miyoh hurries over to see what the commotion is.

"What's happening Yusuke?"

"Stay outta this Miyoh!"

"Get out Urameshi. Get out of this shop and don't come back." the shopkeeper says as venomously as possible, trying not to show his fear.

The words hit Yusuke like a battering ram.

"What did you say?" he asks, letting the guy down.

The shopkeeper sucks in a big breath and blinks before repeating his previous words.

"I said get out Urameshi, get the hell out of shop and never come back."

Yusuke stands stockstill, Miyoh wondering what his problem is.

'Don't you remember Miyoh? You said something similar oh so long ago to him.'

She gasps, everything coming back to her.

* (Mini mental flashback) "You're such a bakarusu! How can you tell your own brother he can't eat anything when he lives here?!" he had said to her angrily.

"Because I buy everything in there, when you get a job and you buy some food then 'I' won't touch it, now get out of here, Yusuke.
Get out of my house and go to school." she had replied.*

*Oh crap, this'll just drive him deeper.*

'Fool! Eyes front, quit spacing out before you get our body killed!'

"Huh?" she snaps back to reality, noticing the smell of smoke. The store was on fire! She looked around for Yusuke, finding him curled in a corner, knees to his chest and crying silently.

*Wait a sec, where's the shopkeep?* she thinks, trying to pull Yusuke to his feet as she looks around. *Aw shit...*

The shopkeep was literally fried to a crisp, Yusuke had tried punching him, but he ducked and the circuit board was hit instead. It started to spark, the shopkeep went to check it, the freed electricty used his water-filled body as a conducter and he was fried; the circuit board burst into flames. Yusuke was all out panicking, traumatized from earlier and Miyoh was out of it so she couldn't help. Yusuke hurried over to the corner where the coldest place was and sunk to the floor. This was all his fault, he should've just said no to Kurama and stayed home, then none of this would've happened, but no, too late, now they were gonna die. Then again, wasn't that his goal?

He slowly gets to his feet, dizzy from slight smoke inhalation.

"Ok sister of mine," he coughs, sounding like he's about to hack up a lung. "How do we get out of here?"

Miyoh's face flickers in the firelight, she blinks, ignoring his sarcasm.

"Well we can't use the door, there are no windows, and I don't know, what can we do?"

"Just go, you're already dead so you can't die, if I die, then so be it." he replies, still coughing.

"Yusuke goddamn you! Get over being fucking suicidal, it's not gonna do anything for you except kill you and get you chained in Rekai jail for commiting the worst sin ever! Trust me, I know, they almost put me in there!"

'Or he'll end up being a shinimegami like Botan or Hana.' the voice says and snickers mentally at the prospect of him in a kimono.

*Shut up, this is not the time!*

'Geez, touchy, touchy.'

Miyoh is pulled away from the convo once more as pieces of the ceiling fall down around them.

Yusuke coughs in reply, his eyelids flittering and nodding his head.

"I'm sleepy."

Miyoh shakes her head.

"Don't fade on me Yusuke, you can sleep when we get out of here."

"Ok..." he continues coughing heavily, Miyoh pats him on the back.

"You'll be okay, just hang on." she's growling mentally, she wasn't taking big gulps of air, but their oxygen would soon be exhausted by the flames.

*Where is the fire department in all this? Hell, we're screwed...*

She hears a loud thump and looks to her side, Yusuke has passed out on the floor.

"Yusuke?" she shakes him. "Yusuke wake up!"

Miyoh growls, pulling Yusuke back towards the freezer, it may be cold, but it was a helluva a lot better than burning to death.

A few rafters crumble and fall from the ceiling, effectively blocking the entrance to the freezer.

"Shit!" she drops back down to her knees, shaking him again. "Come on Yusu, please wake up!"

The air starts to get thinner.

"Please Yusuke!" she slaps his face a bit, no reaction.

Another piece of the ceiling starts to fall, this time overtop of them, Miyoh gasps and throws herself over Yusuke's prone form.

"Yusuke!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anaki: Wow, I'm good.

RC#16: That's an evil cliffie.

Anaki: I know. :)

RC#16: Ah well, review!