Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ From The Clique ❯ Shuichi's Decision ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own anything.
 
Chapter 2: Shuichi's Decision
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*
 
“I've made my decision,” Shuichi said, “I will go on a fake date with you.” They started walking toward the school.
 
“Ok. When do you want to go?” Ami asked.
 
“Today after school if it's not too much trouble for you,” He politely responded.
 
“No problem. I'll take care of everything,” she said as they walked into the hallway, “Meet me at my locker after last period, ok?”
 
“Ok,” he calmly answered.
 
~ First Period ~
 
“ Settle down students, turn your textbooks to page 273,” Our language arts teacher (Let's call him Mr. B) said.
 
`Great more work.' Ami thought.
 
“ A predicate noun is blah blah blah….” Ami spaced out after that.
 
`I wonder what going on a date with Shuichi is like. Probably boring.' She thought
 
`Which restaurant should we go to? I guess that sushi place downtown,' She thought answering her own question, `What's it called? Oh, Shinzo's Sushi Bar.'
 
Ami kept thinking about the details of their `fake' date until she heard the bell ring.
 
~ Out In The Hall ~
 
`Now who is going to take Maya to Shinzo's Sushi Bar? How about Hoshi, the school jock.'
 
Ami casually walked up to Hoshi and said, “Hey, how's it goin'?”
 
“ Cool. You?” he answered.
 
“Great. So what do you think about Maya?” she curiously asked.
 
“She's cool, why?” he responded.
 
“She really wants to go to that new sushi place downtown, Shinzo's Sushi Bar.” Ami said like she cared.
 
“Cool, is she free tonight?” he coolly asked.
 
“Yeah, actually she is. I'll tell her that you are going to pick her up at ……”
 
“How about 5 o'clock?” he asked.
 
“Cool, I'll tell her that you will pick her up at 5 o'clock,” Ami said as she walked away.
 
`Part two is in action.'
 
~ Lunch ~
 
“Hey Ami over here!” Maya screamed.
 
Ami walked over to the table and quietly sat down next to Maya.
 
“So Ami, do you have any good news you like to share with us today?” Maya nosily asked.
 
“Actually I do have some good news for you Maya. Hoshi told me to tell you that he is picking you up tonight at 5 o'clock to go to Shinzo's Sushi Bar for a date.” she told her.
 
“Awesome! I have been thinking about going out with him for a while, you know. Maybe it'll even make Shuichi jealous.” Maya selfishly added.
 
“So Maya, what are you going to wear on your date? Appearance is very important you know,” one of the girls in her posse asked her.
 
“ I don't know. Maybe a ………,”
 
Ami started thinking about what she should wear on her date with Shuichi.
 
`She is right. Appearance is very important, especially when you want to make some one jealous of you.'
 
~ In The Hall After Last Period ~
 
Ami was slowly walking toward her locker to get her things to go home. She turned the corner and there waiting at her locker for her was Shuichi.
 
“Hello Ami,” he greeted her.
 
“Hey,” Ami responded while opening her locker and getting out her things.
 
“Do you have the details worked out for our `fake' date tonight?” he anxiously asked.
 
“Actually I do,” she said, “We are going to Shinzo's Sushi Bar. We need to be there by 5 o'clock.”
 
“Ok. So I'll pick you up at 4:30. Is that ok with you?” he asked.
 
“Yeah. It's fine with me. See you then.” she said as she shut her locker.
 
“Thank you again for doing this for me.” Shuichi kindly added.
 
“No problem,” Ami said.
 
“See you at 4:30,” Shuichi responded as we both walked off in different directions.
 
~ On The Sidewalk ~
 
Ami was calmly walking home thinking about what she was going to wear on the date.
 
`I wonder what would be the best thing to wear on our date. Why do I even care?' Ami asked herself.
 
“Hi,” Someone said as Ami suddenly stopped walking by surprise.
 
“Hey, what's up?” she said while turning around noticing it was Yusuke.
 
“I hear you and Shuichi are going on a fake date.” Yusuke responded.
 
“Yeah, so what?” Ami said.
 
“This doesn't have to do with you wanting him in the hall the other day does it?” he accusingly asked.
 
“No. I'm just doing a friend a favor. Can't I ever do something nice for somebody else without being accused of something?” Ami asked very annoyed.
 
“No, because no one trusts you.” Yusuke said with a smirk.
 
“Well thanks.” she responded while walking away.
 
“I was just kidding!” he yelled after her.
 
“Sure you did!” Ami yelled back to him leaving him staring after her.
 
~ At The House ~
 
“Mom I'm home!” Ami yelled. No answer.
 
She went into the kitchen and saw a note on the fridge. It said:
 
Ami,
I went to the store to get groceries for the week. Be back in a couple hours.
Love,
Mom
 
`Okay. I guess I should leave a note too.' She thought.
 
Ami wrote a note saying that she was out with a friend and would be back in a few hours and stuck it on top of the note that her mom had left.
 
She walked upstairs to her room. Ami carelessly opened the door and flung herself onto the bed. She looked over at the clock and saw that it was 3:30.
 
`I have only an hour to get ready.' Ami thought.
 
She quickly took a shower, put on her robe, and brushed her teeth and brushed her hair. Ami went to her closet to look for an outfit to wear.
 
After fifteen minutes of viciously throwing clothes out of her closet she decided on wearing low-rider jeans, a baby blue and dark blue striped tee shirt, and white and blue tennis shoes.
 
For accessories she decided on a white purse with all of the essentials in it, hoop earrings, and a white belt.
 
Ami put her hair up in a high ponytail and put on eyeliner, mascara, white eye shadow, and pink lip-gloss.
 
As soon as she was done putting on her make-up, the doorbell rang.
 
Ami hurried down the stairs to answer the door. She swiftly opened the door and saw Shuichi.
 
`He is handsome.' Ami thought.
 
“Hello Ami,” he said as he handed her a beautiful red rose.
 
“Hey, thanks for the rose,” Ami unexpectedly said politely.
 
“Are you ready to go?” he asked.
 
“Yeah,” she said while grabbing her key and locking the door.
 
They walked to Shuichi's car.
 
“I want to show you something before we go on our date if you wouldn't mind,” he explained while opening the passenger's door for me to get in.
 
“It's ok with me,” Ami responded as Shuichi got in on the other side of the car.
 
“Great,” he said as he started the car and drove off.
 
~ Somewhere Near The Park ~
 
Ami walked over a hill and saw the most beautiful place she ever saw. It was the perfect spot to just think. It had a huge tree with branches looming over the softest patch of grass. All around the tree there were beautiful flowers of all colors. Some of them Ami had never seen before. It also had the perfect view of a lake just a few yards down the hill.
 
“It's gorgeous!” Ami exclaimed astonished.
 
“I found this spot one day while I was walking around the park,” Shuichi said.
 
“It's beautiful,” she said still transfixed by the spot's beauty.
 
“I come here to relax sometimes. It's a good place to just sit and think,” Shuichi happily said.
 
“I'm glad you showed this place to me.”
 
`It has the most peaceful lake and gorgeous flowers.' She thought.
 
“We better get back to the car,” Shuichi broke the silence.
 
“I guess your right,” she said reluctantly leaving the peaceful place behind.
 
They walked to the car and got in.
 
“We have plenty of time to get to the restaurant,” Shuichi calmly said.
 
“I'm in no hurry,” Ami replied.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*
 
Next Chapter: The `Fake' Date
I hope you liked this chapter. Please review.