Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Frozen Summer ❯ Training of hearts ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

ancient-secret: "Thank Ra , Sw's NOT around! That onna got kind off obsessed with this story…oh , and P.S , it's 2:32 a.m. and I just can't stop typing!" ^^;

~*~*~*~* I'm answering reviews, hell froze over *~*~*~*~

WereAngewomon - hope you like the chapter^^

Lavender-chan - yup, I'm updating now

Cresent - happy you do^^

Tailchaser - have fun reading since you said you liked it so much ^^

AnimeFreakNikore - no, don't hurt me! My computer broke down, please don't hurt me!

wing white angel - thank you, I signed it just now^^ and I don't know about Virtual Game, maybe sometime after the summer vacation, but I promise I'll repost it^^

anonomous - thanx…the plot ain't that great… *slightly blushing*

Touya's Chick - can I have Touya's address?

Kurama13 - Heh, heh, I try my best to update soon^^

Black Dragon of Fire - thanx=^-^=

Katsumi Sagara - you really think it is?

Tashia - happy you do^^

And thanx to Kurama13 for being the second to review my story, Kasemeithesilverfox/dogyouko and the first ^^."

Disclaimer: I honestly own the characters I am using^^

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Training of hearts *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"It's all my fault , I should have protected you better…it's all my fault…" , you started crying , or were they Lisis's sobs? Crystal let you cry on her shoulder until there were no more tears to shed.

"It wasn't your fault , you did everything possible and I thank you for that…"

She put her hand on your shoulder and you fell silent for a few moments until you found the strength to stand up , with Crystal's help, and you two started walking back towards the temple.

After you had left , Laura and Samy started yelling at Koenma.

"You insensible jerk!" , Laura yelled as her hair slowly started coloring itself red, threatening to let Keyla loose.

"I agree , that was horrendous !" , said Samy in a calmer voice then Laura and glared at the toddler in front of her.

"You imbecile!"

"How dare you!"

Koenma was backing away from the angry teens, desperately trying to calm them down, but he wasn't even able to say one word because they wouldn't let him speak up. He was sweating, afraid of what Keyla would do if she got her hands around his little neck.

Yusuke and Kuwabara were sitting on the floor , eating popcorn, while watching the `Babes vs. toddler'-show, as they called it. Of course that comment earned them three bumps on their brainless skulls (A/N: I apologize to all Yusuke fans). One from Touya , he didn't approve because they were practically making fun of YOUR feelings , a second from Kurama , he got mad because they called Samy a `babe' and the last from Hiei , he just `Hn'-ed as he was asked why he hit them.

Suddenly , the door was heard opening itself and everyone looked to see who had come. They were greeted by a smiling Crystal and a laughing you.

"Well look who's happy again…" , Laura muttered with a snicker and Samy grinned. You looked at them with a slight smile. Then your eyes landed on the sweating toddler and grinned mentally.

`Payback…' , you thought. With a few minor chants , you called upon the water's power. Within seconds, Koenma was surrounded by little bubbles that had appeared all around him and then they combined, making a circle of water in which the `ruler' was captured. He looked exasperated from side to side.

"What's the meaning of this! Lisis , let me out of here!" , the toddler yelled annoyed and scared.

"Whoever told you I was Lisis?" , your amused voice was heard. The toddler glared at you , you only smirked and were about to make the circle smaller. A weight on your shoulder stopped you from doing what you had planned and instead, you looked behind you. Touya had put a hand on your shoulder and held you back.

With a slight smirk , he stepped forward and razed his left hand. The water around Koenma started glowing a light blue. That made the ruler sigh in relief as he was expecting to be set free, but no such luck. The water got harder and colder, it slowly turned to ice and the crystal ball fell with a loud thug on the floor.

"Well what do we have here , a rat trapped in a cage…" , you snickered at Koenma and turned to smile sweetly at Touya. He had to hide a blush and so he walked out of the room and back towards the TV , Jin fallowing with a slight smirk.

"Well , since the ruler's trapped , I think I'll bring him to his office so he can finish some paperwork he didn't want to finish the last weeks!" , Mido chirped and Koenma pouted.

"But I already worked all night to find out something about the former vixens , I want a brake!" , the toddler said and you looked at him coldly.

"Too bad toddler , have a nice day!" , Laura said with a snicker as Mido and the captured Koenma disappeared in a portal.

"Now what?" , Yusuke asked , still munching on popcorn.

"How bout we have a little tournament?" , Kurama asked and looked at each of you. You all nodded.

"Fine , who fights who?" , you asked while going in the living room to sit next to Touya. He looked at you from the corner of the eye and felt another blush crawl on his cheeks. He shook his head and noticed the others entering as well.

Yusuke and Kuwabara plopped in some armchairs. Hiei sat near the window, leaning on the wall with his eyes closed and arms crossed in front of his chest. Samy sat next to you, Crystal found an unoccupied chair and took a seat while Kurama and Laura came in last, holding a baseball hat and some papers.

"This is how we do it, me and Kurama wrote all your names on pieces of paper and put them in the hat…" , Laura started and motioned toward the hat.

"That is correct , and now , one of you shall draw who fights who and the order in which they shall fight! (your name) , how bout you draw them?" , Kurama asked smiling and you stood up , regretting a bit to leave Touya's side. `Oh well…', you sighed mentally and left the comfy couch.

"Sure!" , you chirped and closed your eyes as you chose the papers. You handed the first two to Laura , her smile did get a little bit smaller, but you seemed the only one who noticed.

"First fight: Hiei vs. Jin!" , she announced `cheerfully'. Hiei also seemed less happy to have to fight Jin but he didn't say anything. You closed your eyes again and chose who battles second. This time , Kurama took the papers and read.

"Second fight: Crystal vs. Kuwabara!" , Kuwabara was happy and sad at the same moment.

"I have nothing against a hot babe , but I cant hit a girl , it's against my honor code! Ouch!" , he glared at Jin for hitting him. The youkai gave him the `you deserved it you baka'-look and sat down again.

"Then I guess we could as well declare Crystal the winner right now!" , Laura said smirking, Kuwa paled.

"Ok, Ok, I'll fight but I'll go easy on her!" , he said quickly.

"Baka ningen…" , Laura and Hiei muttered at the same time. They looked at each other and then turned as not to let the other see his/her blush.

"Okay , next!" , you said and the third couple was announced , "Third fight: Samy vs. Kurama!"

Yusuke was about to say something , but Kurama's glare stopped him. The idiot covered his mouth because he didn't want to feel the fox's wrath and die so young.

"Fight Four: (your name) vs. the wannabe detective!" , Laura snickered at Yusuke .

"And that leaves Touya vs. Laura , may the tournament and the guys beating up begin!" , you chirped and started walking out the door , the snickering girls and sighing boys fallowing.

You walked a bit through the forest until you came across a clearing and all, except Hiei , Jin and Kurama, plopped down. You and the girls sat under a tree , you leaning on the trunk. Touya jumped on one of the tree's branches while glancing at you shortly, the idiot and the oaf watching the battle from under a tree next to you.

"Ok , may the first fight , Hiei vs. Jin , begin!" , Kurama announced and came to sit next to you. (A/N: Just to warn you , I am not good at writing fights) Before Kurama had left , Jin and Hiei started their fight , Jin being the first to attack. Before his fist could make contact with Hiei's face , the little fire youkai disappeared in a black blur and Jin almost hit the ground after stumbling forward.

"Got to be quicker then that!" , Hiei's voice rang from everywhere and Jin looked around to try and find him.

Exasperated, Jin looked from one side of the field, to the other, not really sensing his opponent anywhere, and Yusuke's and Kuwabara's pathetic tries in being Jin's cheerleaders weren't really helping his concentration either.

"Shut it you oafs! How do you expect Jin to concentrate if you weaklings distract him?", you growled at the two and they quickly shut their traps, seeing as Touya was glaring at them from above you. They gulped and shut their mouths rather quickly, you and Touya snickered.

Jin was thankful for the peace and closed his eyes, he tried concentrating on Hiei's aura and finding it. Sure enough, Hiei was running circles around Jin, waiting for the perfect moment to attack and win the fight.

"I'm bored out of my head…", you groaned.

"You think you're the only one? I even think I fell asleep…", Laura muttered.

"Oh, come on you two, a good fight takes some time…", Samy smiled at you two and continued watching Jin. Crystal was too absorbed in the fight to even hear you and Laura bickering.

Just as Hiei was about to attack Jin from behind, the wind master summoned a mighty jet stream around his hands. He used the wind to push Hiei a good five meters away from him.

"Nice try Hiei, but I was faster!", Jin chirped and lunged at Hiei. A sword materialized out of nowhere in the wind master's right hand and met Hiei's sword as the fire demon dodged the attack. Jin jumped backwards and closed his eyes again. A tornado began swirling around the two fighters and quickly, they were in a tornado of dust.

"Huh, what the? I can't see anything!", Laura groaned.

"Great…", you muttered and stopped trying to penetrate the damn dust with your vision.

"This isn't going to take long…", Crystal mused and continued watching the dust, as if she could see the fight. You three looked at the dazed girl and then back at the swirling dust. If you looked at it, you could see it was starting to clear and soon, one of the two flew out of the dust and crashed straight into a nearby tree.

Crystal dashed toward the one who had more then certainly lost. When the dust cleared, you could see Hiei standing in the middle of the clearing, looking a bit out of breath. Just as soon as you'd seen him, he disappeared in a black blur. Kurama stepped forward.

"The winner of the first fight is Hiei, fight number two is Crystal vs. Kuwabara!", Kurama left the clearing and sat down next to you girls. Kuwa was waiting for Crystal. The girl had used her power over the wind to lift Jin up and send him under the tree you sat. Then she walked toward Kuwa and the fight began.

"Go Crystal, send the oaf to oblivion!", Laura yelled and earned herself a glare from Kuwa.

Samy was tending to Jin's minor wounds, Kurama helping her, and you sat down and knew that Crystal could have beaten the oaf by now, if she had wanted to.

"I'm gonna go easy on you, promise!", Kuwa assured Crystal that no harm will come to her and that she could give up if she wanted too and other nonsense like that. The oaf babbled on for about five-ten minutes until Crystal was fed up and attacked.

"Yeah! Go Crystal! Beat the shit out of him!", Laura yelled and applauded as Kuwa fell, face-first, in some mud.

"This is boring…", you mumbled and looked around for something to do. Feeling someone's eyes on you, you directed your gaze upwards and almost got lost in Touya's eyes.

"How'd you get there?", you asked, recovering from the recent daze. Touya shrugged.

"Leaped into the tree?", he supposed and made it sound obvious, which it was. "Wanna join me?", his question caught you off guard but you nodded anyway. You stretched your arm above your head and Touya pulled you up.

You lost balance and almost fell, fortunately, Touya caught you just in time and placed his arms around your waist to cheep you from falling. A blush stained both your cheeks as you felt Touya's breath on your neck but got rather comfy in his strong arms and leaned on him. He did tens up a bit but soon relaxed and you both watched how Crystal beat the living hell out of Kuwabara.

"Ok, the second fight is decided, Crystal is the winner! Fight number 3 is Samy vs. me!", Kurama announced as he stepped forward and waited for his opponent. Samy stood up and congratulated Crystal, then she made her way to the clearing's middle.

"This is going to be interesting.", you snickered and looked at the two.

"And what pray-tell is so interesting?", Touya whispered in your ear. A slight shiver went down your spine and a blush stained your cheeks but you recovered quickly and grinned again.

"I can't tell, you should figure it out by yourself…", you mused and smirked at the ice master who was holding you. He grinned and you suddenly broke into a fit of laughter, and nearly fell off the branch.

"Keep it down up there, we're trying to watch the fight!", Laura yelled and snickered.

"Oh shut that trap of yours!", you called and turned to glare at Touya, "I nearly fell off the damn tree because of you!"

"The key word is nearly, I caught you and pulled you up, didn't I?", he asked amused. `She looks sweet when she's angry.', he thought and grinned.

"What's so funny?", you looked annoyed.

"Did you know you look cute when you're angry?", he asked, amusement still in his voice.

"Oh, so that's why you keep annoying me…", you mused and , out of the blue, began tickling Touya. He laughed and lost his balance. That, of course, caused him to start falling off the branch, just as it had happened to you. And, of course, you pulled him up. He glared.

"Wha? Revenge is sweet, now we're even!", you chirped and smiled sheepishly.

"…", Touya didn't say anything, just glared at you.

"Oh, come on Touya, it's not like I let you fall!", you said defensively, he continued glaring, "Ok, if that's the way you want to play, fine!"

While you and Touya had fun trying to throw each other off the branch, the fight between Samy and Kurama ended in a tie and Laura was announcing the next fight.

"Ok, since Samy and Kurama had a draw, the next fight is the wannabe detective and (your name), leave your lover boy and get down here!", the brunet called and made you glare.

"Hold your damn horses!", you yelled while beginning to climb down, "Oh yeah!", you exclaimed and quickly gave Touya a peck on the cheek. After that, you leaped down and went over to Yusuke.

"It's about time!", he bickered and lunged at you as soon as you began approaching him. The fool ran straight into a water barrier and was pushed backwards. You formed a (favorite weapon) and attacked Yusuke. He managed to dodge, barely.

"You are really weak Yusuke…really, really weak!", you teased the glaring detective and he lunged at you again. You moved out of the way and saw him stumble forward.

"Umi…", you whispered and drew circles in the air. As Yusuke began standing up, he was surrounded by bubbles and was soon in the same situation Koenma had been some time ago. He glared at you and then summoned his spirit gun. After sending two blasts into the blue mass that had formed around him, he was free.

Pain went through your head and you stumbled backward, clutching your head. A few cries were heard from the others but you paid them no mind. You closed your eyes and concentrated on blocking any attack the detective might send.

Another water barrier formed like three times around you and your strength began to slowly recover. Irritated, you opened your eyes and again they revealed an angry ocean. With your left hand, you drew a sign in the air, while chanting something in an unknown language.

"What do you think you're doing? Fight already!", Yusuke yelled, not noticing the little blue creatures that began popping out from under him.

"As you wish…", you grinned and unleashed the little water spirits. They leaped on Yusuke and he soon disappeared under the hundreds of spirits. When you called them back, everyone saw a nearly drowned, socking-wet Yusuke. Laura stepped forward.

"It's obvious the detective has been beaten, and now, I'm fighting the ice master!", she chirped and gave you the thumbs-up.

"We can begin…", Touya said and got into a fighting position. Laura materialized a spear, fire at its ends, and she attacked Touya. He dodged with his ice sword and pushed her backward. After five minutes of attacking and dodging, attacking and dodging, Touya stopped in the middle of the clearing.

"What the hell is he doing?", you asked irritably, "Touya, get moving, now!", you called, knowing perfectly well that Laura would attack him and most likely cut his head off.

"Don't worry lass, he knows what he's doing!", Jin reassured you.

"I also know what he's doing , he's getting himself killed!", you shivered as a cold wind swept over you. When you looked at the clearing, you saw Touya had finally opened his eyes, but Laura was shivering her head off.

"What did you do?", Laura cried annoyed and cold, Touya smirked.

"I just used my technique , Shards of Winter…"

"And that would be…?", Laura growled.

"I lowered the air around me to sub-zero temperatures and now…", you saw little energy shards begin to appear above him, "… energy shards!", the spirit energy shards were sent flying toward Laura and her body was surrounded by smoke…

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~

ancient-secret: "Cliffy, well, sort of, I want you to tell me who should win, anyway, you get to fight the winner. So, who will it be, Touya or Laura?,"