Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Frozen Summer ❯ Reasoning ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

ancient-secret: "Uhm……..help?" is tied to chair and forced to type second chapter

Sw: "Stop speaking , start typing!" is holding gun at my head

ancient-secret: "She liked the first chapter toooooo much! Right after she read it , I was blackmailed to write the next…help…"

Sw: "WRITE!!!"

ancient-secret: "YES BOSS!" starts typing

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Reasoning*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"I'll take that as a `no'", Laura snickered and glanced at you guys and you two nodded. The fight could begin…

You formed a fist behind your back , the others did the same. Instead of blood you could feel water , pure blue liquid run through your veins. Your skin became blue , almost transparent.

Something not so different happened to the other two. Samy didn't feel, but she heard , she heard the birds songs , the sweet melody streamed through her being and gave her an angelic look as two transparent wings formed on her back.

Laura closed her eyes and saw a vast desert of flames , each of them unique . She touched one and it started dancing in her palm but , it didn't burn her , it gave her a content feeling . As she opened her eyes , the flame was still there , burning ever so brightly. Her skin tanned and seemed almost as red as a rose…

The girl with crystal eyes didn't seem to care about what she saw. She seemed distant , her body was there but her soul was oceans away.

On the other hand , the people who stood on the ground were amazed. Yusuke had recovered from his recent shock and was now staring wide-eyed at the transformation he had witnessed.

Touya was left speechless , in all his years he had never seen such a unique being , such beauty and such passion for her element.(of course I'm talking about YOU!)

Kurama was also breathless and even Hiei's mouth dropped as he saw the fire , its warmth had even broken the icy walls he had build around his heart , the unstoppable inferno.

Laura grinned at Hiei's face , even though she wasn't looking at him , she could see him through the flame in her hand , she thought his face were priceless.

You could feel Touya's eyes on you , watching every breath you inhale , being careful not to miss a thing , not to notice one strand of hair in the soft ocean breeze around you. A blush threatened to crawl on your cheeks but you wouldn't let it , the waters swept it away.

Samy met Kurama's daze , she gave him a slight smile but turned her entire attention towards the last vixen .

"What is thy wish…" , the winds asked again.

"Our wish is that you come with us without resistance …" , you started.

"…we mean you no harm but some do and…." , Samy continued but also stopped.

"….and the guys down there have the sad job of protecting us. You are not safe here…" , Laura continued in a much fiercer tone.

"…and we should stay together…" , you said hopefully.

"I'm Samantha , but everybody calls me Samy…" , her words were just above a whisper but still the girl directed her attention to Samy. She had extended her hand in hope of peace.

The guys on the ground were about to yell at her for letting her guard down but stopped as they saw you and Laura do the same.

"My name is Laura , pleased to meet'ya!" , Laura chirped quietly and also extended her hand. At this point , Hiei's eyes were about to bulge out of his head.

"And I'm (lovely namy) , it is a pleasure to meet you!" , you extended your hand as well.

For a few minutes , an uneasy silence took over . You and the other two held your arms in the same position like a before not wanting to give up on the last vixen.

A smile started forming on the girl's lips and staidly , her hand razed itself towards you and your smile grew. She was trusting you .

Mere millimeters separated you and the wind vixen from peace but as the millimeters started fading , a glint in the girl's eyes appeared and she withdrew her hand and placed both of them on her head in agony.

A desperate cry could be heard in the wind as the girl's eyes shut and her smile faded. The winds brought her higher and higher , out of your reach.

"Help…….please…….she won't let me……." , a whisper only you seemed to hear danced it the air. Your eyes widened and you saw tornados starting to appear.

"Laura , behind you!" , Mido screamed just in time for Laura to move out of the tornado's way. She gave a thankful glance but then had to move again in order to avoid a whirlwind.

The other two moved and dogged , dogged and moved but you were glued to the spot. You looked wide-eyed at the girl floating helplessly above your head . It seemed she was letting you figure out a plan for whirlwind , nor tornado had tried to kill you.

You closed your eyes and concentrated , concentrated on the girl's mind but some kind of force field was around her thoughts . You wanted to reach her but she was the wind vixen , not you.

"Bring me to you…" , you whispered to the wind and slowly , your skin color returned and you were human again , the oceans disappeared , the waves stopped.

" (your name) , have you lost it!!!" , Touya screamed but you didn't hear him nor the other cries that told you to get back to your water vixen form. You just stared at thin air and , to everyone's surprise and fear , the air around you started slowly lifting you towards the crystal-eyed girl.

Soon enough you were a few feet away from her and , subconsciously , you lifted your hand , closed your eyes and concentrated.

"Friends…?" , you whispered in an unknown voice and the girl also started glowing. Her eyes opened , they weren't crystal clear anymore , they were black . If you looked deeply in them you would have found hatred hiding behind a sad mist.

"I was once friends with you and you betrayed me …..go AWAY!" , an inhuman voice rang through the air and after the end of its words you were send down.

`Let me take over , this is my fight…' , the same voice that had come out of your mouth seconds before , rang through your head. You were to tiered to disapprove. A blue light encircled your neck and a necklace appeared. It had a blue and white stone in the front.

The stone sparkled and you blacked out. The person controlling your body stopped in mid air and she started changing. Your (hair color hair) hair suddenly had blue highlights , your (eye color) eyes again reflected the ocean , a more calmer ocean. The clothes you had on transformed , above a white tank top was a long blue , almost transparent , blouse with imprints of waves. Your normal jeans changed into baggy white sweat pants. What made the others mouths drop was the crystal trident that appeared in your right hand.

"You are wrong Key , we still are friends and always will be…" , the person in charge of your body said in her voice and started levitating towards the girl.

Laura and Samy watched in astonishment but also felt something inside of them threaten to come out. They were both suddenly back in their human form , Laura's red hair was again black and Samy's wings disappeared. They looked shocked at one another.

"Yes…" , a sad voice came from Samy's mouth.

"…we still are friends…" , a fierce voice announced through Laura's mouth and two lights encircled their necks as well. Samy's was green and Laura's red. Their eyes closed for a second only to be replaced by red and dark-green eyes.

Their clothes also changed , Samy had a long green dress with leaf imprints at its ends. Her hair became blond with a few green bangs and in her hand appeared a long staff with a green leaf crystal that glowed.

Laura's hair got shorter until it reached her neck. It was a menacing red now . A short black tank top , a long red skirt with a long cut on its left side over baggy black pants were here clothes. Her entire right arm was full of red tattoos . She held a sword with carvings in an old language in her hand .

Hiei was about to think this was dream and rubbed his eyes constantly. Kurama's mouth couldn't drop any lower , Touya was to occupied telling himself this can't be possible , Yusuke and Kuwabara were trying to figure out which one of you was prettier and Mido just stood there , dumb folded while Jin just watched.

"Nice meeting you again girls , long time no see!" , a unfamiliar voice came from Laura's mouth and she snickered.

"Yeah yeah I missed you too Keyla …" , `you' muttered and smiled.

"Then I suppose I wasn't missed at all , ne Lisis?" , `Samy' grinned at `you'.

"Of course I missed you Awen!" , Lisis smiled , " But lets help these girls with Aerin …" , she muttered and the other two nodded. They disappeared from were they were and again formed a triangle around the girl or Aerin as they had called her.

Aerin growled but the other three didn't budge , they razed there arms and closed their eyes. A circle of light appeared around them and the whirlwinds and tornados started fading.

"We never betrayed you Aerin …" , Lisis started.

"You didn't let us help you…" , Awen said sadly.

"…and we won't let history repeat itself !" , Keyla growled and the circle turned red.

Keyla, Lisis and Awen left the circle as it got littler and soon , it trapped a white mist within it. The circle that was now only a few millimeters big disappeared in the crystal-eyes girl.

With the disappearance of Aerin , the other three also vanished in white mist letting the four unconscious girls falling towards the ground. In the last possible second , the guys snapped out of their shock and ran to catch the falling vixens. Kurama caught Samy , Hiei caught Laura , Jin caught the girl and Touya caught you.

"I guess we should bring them to Genkai's…" , Mido said as a portal appeared behind her and everybody leaped inside. They arrived at the temple in no time at all and placed each of you in their respective rooms.

"I wonder what you're dreaming about…" , Touya thought as he stroked your cheek gently. He had volunteered to watch over you , Kurama stayed with Samy's sleeping form , Jin was kind enough to stay with the crystal-eyed girl and Hiei wouldn't leave Laura's bedside.

In your mind , you were walking through a thick mist and kept yelling persons names but nobody answered. A light appeared in the distance and you started running towards it. It got closer and closer and as you reached it , you were greeted by Samy.

"Its nice to see that I'm not alone here!" , you chirped and Samy smiled . Yells could be heard in the distance and soon , Laura entered and grinned.

"Well hello there girls ,how are ya?"

"Fine before you came !" , you smiled and she gave you a playful glare .

"Uhm , girls , there's something in the shadows…" , Samy said just so you two would hear and you turned your attention to were she was pointing. She was right , a ghost-like figure could be seen in the distance , you three were about to attack it but you stopped. There , in front of you was the crystal-eyed girl.

"Good day!" , she said in a friendly voice.

"Do I know you?" , she asked afterwards and you looked puzzled at the other two. They had the same expression you had .

"Uhm , I don't think so but my name is (your namy)!" , you chirped a bit uneasy.

"And I'm Laura!" , Laura said with a bit more courage then you had.

"Pleased to meet you , I'm Samy!" , Samy smiled sweetly and raised her hand. To her pleasure , the girl took it.

"My name is Crystal (I ran out of ideas , sorry if you do not approve Crysta-chan)." , she smiled.

"Well , I guess e should tell you you're a wind vixen , ne?" , Laura asked.

"A what?" , Crystal asked somewhat dumb folded. You sweat dropped.

"Uhm , how should I say this , uhm , well , you sorta have the power of wind , you control it. Just like…" , you started.

"Just like I can control fire , Samy can control the earth and its animals and (your name) can control the waters of the world…understand?" , Laura said.

"Uhm , I guess I do…" , Crystal still seemed a bit unbelieving but nodded.

You four smiled and were blinded a big light. You found yourself back in your sweating. Touya had fallen a sleep . It was night and the moon's reflected itself in the little mirror on your desk.

Your attention was caught by Touya , he seemed so peaceful , he didn't seem like a demon to you , more like a gentle human being. A smile crawled on your lips and you fell into a quiet , dreamless sleep.

Slowly , your eyes opened , it was morning but no sign of the demon that had guarded you last night. With a sigh , you stood up and got dressed in your favorite clothes. You made your way downstairs only to find everybody in the kitchen.

Kuwabara and Yusuke were eating like pigs and laughing with their mouths full. Kurama was quietly drinking some tee and reading a newspaper. Next to him , Samy talked to Crystal and Mido. Touya and Jin were in the living room and Hiei and Laura were glaring at each other.

"G'morning!" , you yelled happily and got the others attention.

"Morning!" ; "Hello!" ; "How was your sleep?" and "Mind passing the chocolate syrup ?" were few of the greetings you received.

"Well , since (your name) is up , I suppose Koenma could come and start the never-ending torture tales!" , Yusuke muttered and nearly had a heart attack when Koenma appeared in front of him. "Aaaaaaaaa!" , he screamed and fell. "Are you trying to kill me?" , he cried as he stood up.

"Actually, yes , I planned to kill you when I first saw you!" , Koenma glared.

"The talking toddler's back , save women and vixens!" , you and Laura yelled in unison. You hid behind Touya who just entered the kitchen and Laura hid behind Hiei but immediately changed her mind and hid behind Crystal.

"Ha ha…" , Koenma laughed sarcastically and grimaced. "I'm only here to tell you vixens the story of the vixens before you!"

"Then start talking , the sooner you start , the sooner you stop and can leave!" , Laura said and Koenma glared. Surprisingly , Hiei death glared at him and Koenma started stuttering and soon enough began the tale.

"Ooookaaaay , uhm….well …you see , every 500 years ,four human girls are chosen by the elements and are granted the gift of controlling one of them. These vixens could be also named guardians of piece for there is a stone , hidden in the abyss in a sacred temple. Only the power of at least two elements can open its doors. If the stone falls in the wrong hands , then the world will fall in chaos. The last generation of vixens had the biggest problem of all , one of them died and thought her friends had betrayed her . In a last battle , the other three were also killed but the demon they fought as well.

I believe that is why Crystal wouldn't come , the ghost of the dead wind vixen still has some of her power and I guess she wanted to protect her from the same fate that had befallen her , 500 years ago.

The other three vixens came to your aid and somehow , locked Aerin's soul in Crystal's body. I think that she should be your biggest problem now…" , Koenma's words sent shivers down your spine and a cold wind razed through the room and your body was again covered in a blue aura , your eyes turned the ocean blue again.

"And what do you think we could do , hm? It's not our fault that Aerin thinks we betrayed her!" , Lisis said angrily . All eyes were on her and soon , the other two , Samy and Laura nodded and stood up.

"I agree , we did not harm her…" , Awen said in Samy's voice.

"And if I recall correct , we had asked the ruler of Spirit World to let us speak with her ghost but…" , Laura was cut off by Lisis.

"But we weren't aloud , it is not our fault and if we wouldn't have motherly feelings towards the new guardians , we would have let them die yesterday!" , Lisis said angry and let you take over. You glared at Koenma , turned on your heels and went outside.

The other two also took control back over their body and started yelling at Koenma . In the mean time , Crystal had fallowed you outside.

She sat next to you and looked at the sky. "It is very peaceful…" , she said in a calm voice.

"I'm sorry …", you said just above a whisper and looked at the ground , thus letting a few tears fall on it. Crystal stared at you and smiled warmly. She patted your back.

"It is not your fault , the wind has chosen me and every gift comes with a bad part to it…" , you looked at her with watery eyes.

"It's all my fault , I should have protected you better…it's all my fault…" , you started crying , or were they Lisis's sobs? Crystal let you cry on her shoulder until there were no more tears to shed.

"It wasn't your fault , you did everything possible and I thank you for that…"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

ancient-secret: "I've been writing non stop since I woke up, can I have a brake please?"

Sw: "Fine , I suppose you have to update the other stories too!" puts gun away

ancient-secret: "Thank Ra!"

Sw: "Yeah yeah but don't worry girls , she's gonna update veeeeeery soon!" laughs

ancient-secret: "She's sugar-high , again….feh, baka ningen onna!"

Sw: "I heard that! Besides, does it matter if I'm sugar-high?!"

ancient-secret: "Baka…" mutters "Bye girls!" chirps