Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Fruitcake ❯ A Realization ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Fruitcake
A Yu Yu Hakusho Christmas story
By Ibara Bara

Disclaimer: None of these characters are mine. They belong to Yoshihiro Togashi, Studio Perroit, and any other people who worked on the creation of this wonderful series.

Chapter 5: A Realization

Yukina
I am very confused. Hiei, Kurama, and I were standing and watching Yuusuke-san, Kazuma-san, Shizaru-chan, and Keiko-chan have a snowball fight. I mentioned how it reminded me of my home, the Koorime floating city.

Hiei-san walked away from me when I said that. Kurama-san ran after him. After walking about ten steps, Hiei-san turned back and looked at me. The look on his face was one of pain and sorrow. Then he disappeared.

What did I say wrong? Kurama-san tells me that I didn't say anything wrong, but I know he's wrong. I said something to upset Hiei-san. I know I did!

I mentioned something about how the snow and fun reminded me of my home, but why would that bother him. I realize that I've never heard him mention his family. Doesn't he have one?

I review all that I know about him. All I know is that he was a thief in the Makai, and that he was caught by Yuusuke-san after he stole a weapon from the Reikai and tried to use it to kill ningens. And I know that he's killed many people. But, other than that, I don't really know very much about him.

Hiei-san is kind to me. He promised to find my brother for me, but he hasn't had any luck yet. Every time he come to me to report his failure, his face is totally emotionless. But his eyes are filled with despair.

Eyes like mine...

I gasp at that realization. Eyes like mine! Is he my brother? He has the same red eyes as me, and he is about my height. And every time I mention something nice about my home, he leaves, or looks upset. I can't believe I didn't realize it before. He must be my brother!

But why didn't he tell me? He knows that I want to find my brother. And I've already come to love him as if he really were my brother. And I didn't know the truth. Doesn't he want me as a sister? Is he ashamed of me?

I know that can't be it. If he were ashamed of me, he wouldn't do things for me or protect me. Does Kurama-san know? I know that he and Hiei-san are very good friends, but did he tell Kurama-san about me? Should I ask Kurama-san?

No.

I'm not going to ask anyone. They'd just tell Hiei-san. And I want to surprise Hiei-san at Christmas by telling him that I know.

Awww!! How sweet!! She finally figured it out!! I love this chapter!!