Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Harnessing Love and Power ❯ Truth Be Told ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Ceres-Sorry I haven't been updating in so long! I've been so busy, honestly! Gomen, gomen, minna-san! ;_;

Kurama- It's ok.

Ceres-Thank you Kurama!

Hiei- Just get this over with, onna!

Ceres- Keep it up, Hiei...

Hiei- Or else what? You're gonna bite me or something?!

Kurama- Hiei... *growls*

Ceres- Maybe I will!

Hiei- I'd love to see you try, onna!

Ceres- Fine! *growls and bites Hiei's arm*

Hiei- Ow! Stupid ningen authoress!

Kurama- *sighs* Ceres does not own Yu Yu Hakusho... If we all remember, the last chapter ended with Hiei smiling down upon Kitsune- *cut off by Hiei*

Hiei- Mind you it was against my will! Owww!

*~*~*~*~*~

Kitsune smiled back as he jumped down, landing gracefully on his feet. "Come on," he said, "These bakas can be very tiring and boring at times. I'll walk you home."

Kitsune nodded and stood up but stumbled a bit. Hiei caught her shoulders at the very moment she was about to fall. When she was standing straight up, he looked at her with concern and said "Daijobu, Kitsune?" (Are you okay?)

She smiled and thought "My sweet Hiei..." before saying "Daijobu desu ka. (I'm okay.) Arigstou, Hiei." (Thank you.)

"Hn.." he replied but not as cold as he usually said it.

Then they both walked off to Kitsune's new apartment.

*~*~*~*~*~

Hiei and Kitune sat in a tree outside Kitsune's bedroom window. It seemed like a perfect night, no clouds in the sky, no bothersome wind, just the two of them and the full moon. They talked about how their year apart had been. Nothing was of importance, but one thing was clear, they both missed each other dearly.

When the conversation was over, there was an unnerving silence until Hiei broke it.

He sighed and said "You really must be an amazing girl... Especially since I've been in love with you for over a year..."

She turned to Hiei, taking her sights off the full moon, and said "You really mean that?"

"As much as I mean this..."

Then, Hiei kissed Kitsune full on the lips. She deepened the kiss by wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling him closer. When Hiei broke the kiss, Kitsune said "I love you, Hiei..."

Hiei looked deep into her eyes and kissed her again quickly. "It's late, let's get inside and sleep, alright?" he asked.

Kitsune nodded and slid the window to her room open. Hiei jumped in first and helped her get inside. Suddenly, Kitsune screamed and clutched her chest where her heart was. Hiei knew what was happening. It was that time of month. (NOT WHAT YOU'RE THINKING! THE TIME OF THE MONTH WHEN HER HEART HURTS YOU SICKOS!) Hiei carried her to her bed bridal style and laid her there. Then he crawled into the bed beside her. He took her shoulders, pulled her closer, and laid her on top of him. "Shhhhhh..." he cooed and stroked a hand through her hair, "Everything is going to be alright... I promise... Shhhhhhhhh..."

Kitsune sighed and nuzzled his chest. It still hurt but it felt good to be in Hiei's arms in a time of pain. Hiei buried his face in her hair and inhaled her scent while rubbing her back comfortingly. A few seconds later, Hiei felt her breathing slow down. He looked at her face and saw that she was asleep. He kissed her forehead before saying "Oyasumi, koishii..." and falling asleep as well.