Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Harnessing Love and Power ❯ Baka Ningens ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
The walk to Kurama's house didn't take long for Kitsune, after all, she was a demon, and could walk faster than someone could run. When Kitsune came to the nicely decorated house, she rang the doorbell once and heard fast footsteps coming down the stairs. With her sensitive ears, Kitsune heard Kurama say to his mother "I'll get the door, mother, no need to get up." (A.N.: Awww... How sweet... *gets glare from Hiei* Okay, okay, I'll continue!)

Kitsune smirked when she heard the click of the lock and the turn of a doorknob. Kurama opened the door, but before he could see who it was and say anything, Kitsune jumped forward and threw her arms around his neck while yelling "Shuuichi!" happily.

Kurama responded to her greeting by hugging her and saying "Kitsune! You're here! How are you?"

Kitsune stepped back and said "I'm fine. How 'bout you?"

"I'm fine, come on, let's go to my room and catch up on a few things!"

The two of them went to Kurama's room. It had red wallpaper with a rose pattern here and there. He had a desk, a dresser, and a bed on one side of the room. On the other side, was his closet. (A.N.: Okay, so I can't make rooms seem nice, so sue me!) Kurama sat on the bed and offered her to sit beside him. "So, what are you doing in Japan, Kitsune?" he asked.

"Taka and I decided to move here since our late cousin left her money and apartment to us in her will before the accident. The money she left us is going towards the rent while Taka goes looking for a job for the necessities. I'm thinking of taking a part-time job so Taka isn't the only one supporting us."

"I see... I'm sorry for your loss... Oh, yes. Hiei and I will be meeting with out friends in an hour. Would you like to some with us?"

"Sure! Just let me check with Taka. Are you okay with that?"

"Yeah, no problem. I'll meet you back here later."

~*~*~*~*~*~*

When Kitsune arrived back at the apartment, Taka was unpacking his stuff. "Hey, Kitsune, where were you?" he asked.

"I was at Kurama's. His house isn't far from here, just a few blocks. I'm going to hang out with his friends, okay? I'll be back in a few hours just as soon as I get something from my room."

He nodded and quickly got back to his unpacking. Kitsune went to her room to get her tear-gem necklace. She had taken it off when she dropped off her things. Strangely, when Kitsune opened the door, she froze. Hiei was standing in the middle of her small room, examining the necklace she had left on her desk. They stared into each others eyes for what seemed like forever until Kitsune threw herself into Hiei's arms. "I missed you so much, Hiei!" she said in between sobs.

Hiei was frozen and didn't move until he heard her sniff from all her crying. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer. "I missed you, too, Kitsune..." he replied.

They parted and sat down on the bed. "Like my necklace?" she asked.

"Hn..." Hiei replied in his usual response.

"I take that as a yes."

He held up his pointer finger and middle finger in a peace sign. She thought he was being weird but she saw that inbetween his fingers was a yen. In the little square hole, was the other tear-gem that fit perfectly in the hole. "Recognize this?" he said with a smirk.

Kitsune nodded and Hiei asked "Why exactly did you make my tear-gem into a necklace?" (A.N.: He's just curious people!)

"It makes me feel like you're here with me."

"I'm here now, aren't I?"

"Yes, you are and I'm grateful for that." She kissed his cheek, Hiei blushed. "Oh, I almost forgot! Kurama told me to meet him at his house. He wants me to meet your friends."

Hiei groaned, which made Kitsune laugh. "Okay, just stay away from the big redhead, alright?" he said.

"Haha. Okay, whatever you say, Hiei."

~*~*~*~*~*~*

When Hiei and Kitsune got to Kurama's house, he was waiting outside. Kitsune said "Hey, Kurama! I bumped into Hiei on my way here!" obviously lying.

"Good, that leaves less searching for me. Shall we go?" Kurama replied.

Kurama led them to a park not far away. A group of four teenagers were gathered around an oak tree, Kurama walked towards them. Two of them were fighting, one with slicked back black hair and the other had orange hair, and he looked none too bright. The other two were girls, one had short, brown hair and the other had sea-green hair in a bow. When Hiei and Kitsune reached them, Hiei hit the orange-haired boy on the head. He glared at Hiei and yelled "What was that for, short stuff?!"

Hiei glared daggers back at the big oaf and said "Baka ningen! Don't you notice a guest when you see one?!"

Kuwabara looked at Kitsune and said "Hey! There's actually someone shorter than Hiei!" (A.N.: He doesn't mean Yukina!)

Hiei was about to charge but was stopped when Kitsune gripped his shoulder gently. "Let me handle this..." she whispered in his ear with a smirk.

Hiei withdrew and Kitsune stepped forward. She was smiling, but her eye was twitching madly, Kuwabara didn't notice anything but her mischievous smile. Kitsune produced a fireball that floated above her open palm. "Do you know what this is?" she asked him.

Kuwabara thought for a long moment and finally said "A fireball?"

Kitsune's eyes began to twitch more and she smirked evilly. She said "Yes, it is. Mind you, it is very hot right now. Let's see if your reflexes are faster than your thinking," Kitsune threw the fireball at him gently, "Catch."

Just as she planned, the redhead caught it but it took him a while to realize that his hands were burning at the moment. About a halk a minute later, the redhead yelled bloody murder and dropped the fireball. Kitsune distinguished it before it hit the ground. Hiei and Yusuke were cracking up, Kurama was stifling laughter but was failing miserably, leaving Kitsune with a disgusted look on her face. "That hurt!" the redhead yelled at her.

"That's what you get when you insult me and Hiei!" Kitsune replied, kicking his shin, like a mischievous little boy would to some cranky old man who stole his toy.

Kuwabara grabbed his shin in pain. Kurama coughed for attention and said "Now that you've met Kuwabara, Kitsune, I would like to introduce you to Yusike, Keiko and Yukina. Guys, this is Kitsune. I stayed at her apartment for the Student Exchange Program last year."

"Yo!" Yusuke said.

"Hello. Nice to meet you!" the two girls added.

Kitsune mentally called for Hiei and thought to him. "A bit too much of a happy bunch, aren't they?"

"You can't blame them. After all, they are ningens..." he replied, which made her chuckle.

"Can't argue with that, now, can I?"

Hiei cut the connection. Kuwabara and Yusuke started fighting so Hiei jumped into a tree and sat on a large branch, ready to take a nap. Kitsune sat on the ground below, glancing up every so often to check if he was still there. (A.N.: She knows Hiei all too well! *gets hit by Hiei* Okay, okay, this chapter is almost over!!!) Hiei felt her gaze on him and looked down, smiling.

~*~*~*~*~*~*