Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Harnessing Love and Power ❯ I'm Back! ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
A year after the group's separation, many things had changed. Kurama was excelled to college, Hiei grew a few inches (A.N: A miracle!!! *gets hit in the head by Hiei* Ouch!), Taka bought a new apartment in Japan, and Kitsune became more of a demon than she expected to. Kitsune grew two inches taller, but was still shorter than Hiei, her eyes turned blood red and so did her bangs. Auburn fox ears and tail appeared, hidden by her tomboyish attire. Taka and Kitsune were now moving to Japan. The very thought of being in Japan excited Kitsune beyond belief. She could finally see Hiei again, after a long, lonely year. Her only possession that reminded her of him was the tear-gem he shed for her. She had made a necklace out of it. An attractive silver chain was hooked to a clasp that connected it with the tear-gem. It overwhelmed her, the fact that she would soon be reunited with the one she loved most in all of the three worlds.

~*~*~*~*~*

On the day they would leave America, Kitsune urged Taka to hurry to the airport. When they got there, Kitsune hurried through the security process and the luggage check, Taka at her heels. It was clear to Taka that she wanted to be in Japan soon.

Finally, they were both on the plane, Kitsune bouncing up and down in her seat with excitement. The whole time they were on the plane, Kitsune would not eat or sleep, she would just stare out the window anxiously. The only time she left her seat was to go to the bathroom, and that was just once.

To Taka, the plane ride took only a few hours, but to Kitsune, it took days. The waiting was pure torture for her. Taka got worried and asked "Are you okay, Kitsune?"

She sighe as she stared out the window more and said "I just want to see them again, Kurama and Hiei. I've missed them so much..."

"You love them don't you?"

"I have no reason not to. They... make me feel complete..."

~*~*~*~*~*~*

When they arrived, Kitsune was the first one off the plane. She had a mental connection with Taka. She was ¾ fire kitsune and » ningen while he was » wind youkai and ¾ ningen, making them compatible. *I'm going to go ahead. I'll meet you at the apartment.* she mentally said to him.

After going through all the customs processes, she left the airport and her heart soared. She was finally in Japan, the one place she wanted to go to all her life. She called a taxi and told the driver to bring her to Kagura Apartments. When she arrived, she saw that the apartment building was in a nice neighborhood, almost into the outskirts of the city. She went up to the tenth floor and unlocked the door with the key that came in the mail when she heard of her inheritance of the apartment. Everything her late cousin, the previous owner of the apartment, left was there. It saddened her, the fact that her cousin left everything to her in her will. Kitsune found her room and felt as if she were back in America. The furniture was different but everything was in the same place, like an inaccurate mirror image of her old apartment.

Suddenly, a great idea struck her. She immediately began to look for a phone book. When she found one, she flipped through the pages at lightning speed. After a few minutes, she found the name she was looking for, Minamino Shiori. Kitsune sighed with happiness and dialed the number in one second flat. A female voice answered, Kitsune assumed that the woman was Shiori, Kurama's mother. "Hello. Minamino residence. Who is this?"

Kitsune took a breath and said "Hello, Mrs. Minamino. This is Kitsune Takeshi. Shuuichi stayed at my home, a year ago, for the Student Exchange Program. May I please speak to him?"

"Of course, dear. He'll only be a moment."

"Thank you."

Kitsune waited a few moments and heard footsteps from the phone. "Hello?" she heard an oh-so-familiar-and-comforting voice say.

"KURAMA!" she yelled into the phone.

"Kitsune, is that you?! Is it really you?! How are you?... Wait, how'd you get my phone number?!"

Kitsune laughed and said "Of course it's me, fox. I'm fine. Before I answer your last question, how are you?"

"I'm fine. Now answer my question."

"What question?" Kitsune asked playfully.

Kurama sighed "Haha... Very funny... How'd you get my home number?"

"Hehe... Let's just say I'm somewhere within the continent, or should I say country, or even better, CITY!"

"WHAT?! You're in Tokyo?! Why didn't you send a letter?! You could've told me! You... KITSUNE, YOU SLY LITTLE FOX GIRL!"

Kitsune laughed uncontrollably. "Relax, Kurama. It was supposed to be a surprise, you see."

"But..."

"I have your address right here. I'll be right there."

"But..."

"Okay, gotta go. Bye!" She hung up.

When Kurama put down the phone, he thought "This'll make Hiei happy. The happiest he has been in a long year... Heh... Come to think of it, she hasn't changed one little bit..."

~*~*~*~*~*