Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Harnessing Love and Power ❯ Goodbye, My Love ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Ever since that day, Kurama and Hiei helped Taka look out for Kitsune. Hiei understood Kitsune very well and Kurama took care of her when the pains returned. Every month, during the full moon, the pains of holding a tremendous power inside returned. Now, nine months later, it is time for Hiei and Kurama to return to Japan. With a heavy heart, Kitsune went with Kurama and Hiei to the airport via taxi cab. (Taka was at work) All three were silent until it came time to give their final goodbyes. Kitsune and Kurama embraced, just as sisters and brothers would. "Thank you for taking care of me when I needed you. I'll miss you. Goodbye, Kurama..." she said.

Kurama kissed her cheek and said "You're welcome. I will miss you as well. I won't say goodbye because I know we will meet again."

A single tear ran down her cheek and he wiped it away. Kitsune turned to Hiei and her heart sank when their eyes met. She didn't want him to leave. If he did, it would be as if a part of her heart was ripped right out of her chest. She hugged him tight, not wanting to let go, as tears streamed down her face. He wiped them away and smiled, just as he did nine months ago. His efforts had no effect for her tears still flowed. She said "Hiei... I'll miss you so much... I don't want you to go..."

He sighed and a lone tear made it's way down his soft cheek. He caught it in his palm and held it out to her. She looked down and found, not a tear, but a round, black gem. It's depths looked like a flickering flame. "Keep it. It will represent my promise that we will see each other again. But for now, I'll have to say goodbye, Kitsune..." he said as his heart temporarily broke to pieces.

She gingerly picked up the gem and held it near her heart. The last call for passengers to board the plane ruined the moment. Hiei was about to turn to the plane but before he did, Kitsune planted a kiss on his cheek and whispered "I'll miss you dearly... Goodbye, Hiei..."

Another tear ran down his face. He caught it and put it in his pocket. "A momentum," he thought, "of my love for her..."

~*~*~*~*~*~*