Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ He She Me We ❯ Step Two: Your Friends Can Help You ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho. Yu Yu Hakusho, it's story and characters, is owned by Studio Pierrot, Yoshihiro Togashi, FUNimation, and Shonen Jump.

Step Two: Your Friends Can Help You

Just as Kurama had hoped, the rested of the day was, indeed, bright and sunny. It was a perfect day to eat lunch outside, so, during the school lunch period, that's just what he did. He and his two good friends sat underneath a near by tree and ate their lunch. He smiled as he listened to them talk. Being trapped inside of a girl's body like he was, it was expected of him to have female friends, so, wanting to appear as normal as possible, he did.

To his left sat Myoko. Myoko was about a centimeter taller than he was and had long brown hair that went down to her back. Her eyes were chocolate and often sparkled with mischief. Myoko was very talkative and out going and she often teased Kurama, or rather Shuichi-chan, about being such a tomboy.

To his right sat Minako. She had waist length black hair that she pulled into two pigtails. Her eyes were light blue, a strange color for an Asia girl. Minako was very gentle and soft spoken. Being as shy as she was Minako was always listening as Kurama or Myoko spoke, rarely ever speaking up for herself, despite both Myoko and Kurama's encouragement.

Right now, Minako was listening intensely as Minako spoke of her latest boyfriend. Kurama on the other hand was only half listening as he continued to think about his problems with Hiei.

"So, I told Hiroshi 'If you really want to impress me then just be yourself,' or some crap like that," Myoko said. "And he got this really goofy look on his face and I knew that he wanted to kiss me." She smirked at she took another bite of her lunch.

"Wow, Myoko. Your so lucky," Minako said in awe. "You have so many guys that like you, how do you do it?"

"She doesn't wear a bra," Kurama muttered to himself. He had been friends with Myoko since primary school, but lately she was becoming a bite of a show off and a slut.

Kurama then yelped in shook and pain as she felt a slight pinch on her arm. She rubbed her arm and turned to glare at Myoko who was glaring back at her.

"I heard that Shuichi-chan," she said a hint of annoyance in her voice. She then smirked at the red head. "Your just jealous that I have so many boyfriends and you don't!"

Kurama rolled her eyes at her words.

"Why would Shuichi-chan be jealous? She's the cutest girl in school." Both girls turned and looked surprised at Minako. Minako blushed as they starred at her questioningly. "Well, it's true Myoko. I walk with Shuichi-chan to her locker everyday and everyday a waterfall of lover letters pour out onto the floor. Right Shuichi-chan?"

Now it was Kurama's turn to blush. Minako was right. Hiei wasn't the only guy in love with him. As he pointed out before, no matter what he did, he couldn't help but appear cute.

"It's true Myoko," he confessed. "I just never told you because-"

"You thought I'd get jealous?" she finished.

"That and because it's extremely embarrassing."

Myoko looked deep in thought as she considered Kurama's situation. She then said something that Kurama wasn't expecting to hear. "Do you need any help?"

Kurama blinked at her in confusion. "What?"

"I said, 'Do you need any help?' I'd be more than happy to take a few guys off of your hands."

Kurama thought for a second about what Myoko was saying. He may not need help with the boys at school, but a certain fire demon was another story. Although Kurama couldn't very well give Myoko the whole story, he'd just have to skillfully leave out the parts about being a male Yoko and Hiei being a koorime from the Makai.

"Well, there is this one boy that I do need help with," He began.

"I'm listening," Myoko assured. And so was Minako. However, Minako was a friend and she always listened in on Kurama conversations with Myoko, even when they were as private as this one. So, it didn't really bother him all that much.

"You see there's this boy, who is a very good friend of mine-"

"Does he go to this school?" Minako asked.

"No, he lives in another town."

"Is he cute?" Myoko asked.

"Well, yes, he's pretty cute," Kurama said, and was surprised at himself for call Hiei cute. What was even more surprising was that it didn't even take him very long to come to the conclusion that Hiei was cute. He'd never really thought about Hiei like that and yet he said yes almost right away. He decided to just concluded that his female hormones were getting to him and moved on. "Anyway, my friend and I have known each other for quite sometime, but lately it's come to my attention that he may have a crush on me, but I'm not interested in him like that-"

"And you want to know how to tell him that without hurting his feelings and ruining your friendship, right?" Myoko said a matter-of-factly.

"Right."

"Simple. Just tell him the truth. Tell him that you don't like him like that and you want to just be friends. I do it all the time."

I'm sure you do, Kurama thought. "But it's not that simple," he said out loud. "I'm not one hundred percent sure that he likes me! If I say something like that and it turns out he doesn't feel that way about me, I'll not only look like an idiot, but I'll ruin our friendship!"

"Mmm," Myoko thought about this. It seems that she didn't think it could be that complicated. "You'll just have to trick him into telling you without him actually telling you."

"What?" Kurama and Minako said in unisiom.

"Listen, get him into a situation that would allow you to know for sure if he likes you. Like, go for a walk and if he tries to hold your hand with your fingers intertwined then he likes you."

"Wouldn't that be entrapment?" Kurama asked. He didn't like the idea of tricking Hiei into pouring his heart out to him only to be rejected.

"It's either that or just tell him straight out."

Kurama looked at his options. Neither one was very attractive. Perhaps he needed to talk to someone else.