Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ He She Me We ❯ Step Six: Dealing With It ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho. Yu Yu Hakusho, it's story and characters, is owned by Studio Pierrot, Yoshihiro Togashi, FUNimation, and Shonen Jump.

Step Six: Dealing With It

Hiei sighed as he looked at Kurama's bedroom window. He missed her. He hadn't seen Kurama in days. Her window was always closed, she had changed her route to and from school and he didn't know what way she went. If he didn't know any better, he would have surely thought that she was avoiding him.

Since he couldn't figure out which way she walked home, he decided to wait for her at her home. However, the sun had already set and there was still no sign of her. He was starting to get worried. He had to see her and make sure that she was okay.

But, where was she?

When Kurama woke up, his head was pounding and his mouth had an awful taste to it. He almost felt like he was going to throw up, if he hadn't already.

He began to sit up when he noticed that he wasn't in his room. Luckily, he recognized where he was and relaxed.

It seems Yusuke brought me to his apartment, he thought.

Just then, the young spirit detective walked into the room. Kurama noticed that he was no longer wearing his uniform jacket.

"Feeling better?" he asked as he pulled up a chair to sit next to him.

"Not really," he said rubbing his head. "What happened to your jacket?"

He chuckled. "You kinda threw up on it," he said.

Kurama blushed. That must have been why his mouth tasted so bad. "I... I'm sorry."

"Don't worry about it. What happened to you anyway?"

Kurama slumped back onto the bed blushing still. He vaguely remembered what had happened after he ran into Yusuke, but he did remember why it happened. "It was so stupid," he mumbled to himself. He could feel Yusuke staring at him puzzled. Part of him didn't want to talk about it, but he knew he would feel better if he just came out and said it. "I..." he bit his lower lip, not knowing just how to say this. He took a deep breath and started again. "I was thinking about something, a problem that I have."

"It must have been one hell of a problem if it made you freak out like that."

"It is... it was. You see... It's about Hiei-"

"Hiei?" Yusuke said raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, you see... he's in love with me."

At those words Yusuke literally fell out of his chair and onto the floor. Kurama sat up quickly to see if he was all right. "Hiei? Hiei's in love? With you!?" he almost shrieked as he got back into his chair. "Whoa. This is huge!"

"I'm sort of surprised that you never really noticed," he began. "I mean, he's nice to me, talks to me the most, and he's always around me."

"That doesn't mean that he's in love with you."

Kurama sighed. "It does with Hiei. He blushes when I complement him or touch him. He once told me that he liked spending time with me, and for Hiei, that's saying a lot."

"I guess you know what your talking about. After all, guys fall for you all the time."

Kurama shivered remembering how every time he would open his locker at school, a waterfall of love letters would fall at his feet. "Don't remind me," he said. "Besides, there's more."

"More?"

"Yes. You see, I just realized that..." he paused. He didn't want to say the rest, but he knew it was true. Still, if he told Yusuke, then it was official.

"What?" Yusuke asked, leaning closer, eager to hear more.

"I realized that I love him too." There. He said it. It was out in the open now. He couldn't take it back even if he wanted to. He waited for Yusuke to react but he seemed to have just froze. His mouth hung open and his face seemed to lose a little color. Kurama couldn't stand to look at him then. He quickly turned his head and looked in the other direction.

I bet he's lost all respect for me now. Kurama felt himself begin to tremble as hot tears began to run down his checks.

This snapped Yusuke back to reality. "Hey, Kurama don't cry," he said nervously. Not really knowing just what to do, he rested his hand on his friends shoulder. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean anything. I was just shocked, that's all."

"It's not that," Kurama said between sobs.

"Then what is it?" he asked, clearly more confused than before.

"It's everything," he sobbed. "I know I love him, because of the way I feel when he's around me or when I think about him. I use to think that it didn't mean anything, but now I know it does and... it scares me. I mean, am I gay? Am I straight? I still find myself attracted to women, but I love Hiei. What does this mean?" He felt a little bit better, having gotten all this out in the open, but still, he felt very confused about everything.

Yusuke got up from his seat on the chair and sat down next to Kurama on the bed. He wrapped his arm around his shoulder. He was still very confused, but he felt that he needed to do something. "Come on Kurama, it can't be that bad. I mean, your in love. Isn't that supposed to be a happy thing?"

Kurama stayed quite for a moment, not really knowing how to reply. "I... wouldn't know. I've never been in love before." He blushed slightly. It was true, he hadn't been in love before. He had sex before, been in lust before, but never in love.

Yusuke shifted slightly. Obviously, he hadn't expected to hear that. "Well... that makes this even more special... I guess. But, hey, don't they say that love is blind? Well, maybe love doesn't know the difference between genders and stuff."

Kurama smiled at Yusuke. What he was saying made sense and it made him feel better, but that wasn't why he was smiling. He was smiling because Yusuke excepted him. He was willing to adjusts to the fact that two of his friends we're in love with each other. If Yusuke could deal with it, why couldn't he? After all, it was like he said, maybe love was blind?

He rested his head on Yusuke's shoulder. "Thanks Yusuke," he said as he pulled the boy into a hug.

"Your welcome," he said as he, somewhat nervously, hugged him back.

You could have punched him right then and there and Hiei wouldn't have felt a thing. he just sat outside Yusuke Urameshi's bedroom window and stared at the sight in front of him in disbelief. He had come by to see if the spirit detective had seen Kurama, only to find her lying in his bed. He hadn't heard what they had said, but he saw them mouth the words love over and over again, and now they were actually hugging. It didn't take a genius to figure out what was going on.

So many emotions began spread through him, but the strongest of all was hurt. He should have told Kurama how he felt about him a long time ago. Now, Yusuke had stolen her from him.

He wanted so badly to go in there and beat Yusuke to an inch of his life and steal Kurama away from him. He could do it. He was a thief after all. Whenever he had wanted something, he could always just steal it, why not just steal a woman. He could take her away to the Makai and force her to love him.

No, it wouldn't work. She would be miserable and would hate him for it. It was one thing if she loved someone else, but Hiei just couldn't live if she hated him. Besides, he really just wanted her to be happy and if that meant being with somebody else, then he'd just have to learn to live with that.