Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Hiei is a Father? ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Once again, I do not own YYH. Yu Yu Hakusho belongs to Yoshihiro Togashi. Please don't try to sue me, I have no money. I do, however own Kami, the adorable baby kitsune.

Warning: This story is a slight Yaoi.

******Chapter Two******

When Hiei woke up the next morning, the first thing he heard was Kami crying. He sat up slowly and wiped the sleep from his eyes, looking over at the clock on the table. 8 a.m. Hiei couldn't believe that he had slept that late. It was then that he noticed the smell. He wrinkled his nose and looked down at Kami. She was mewling at him and her face looked so woebegone that Hiei couldn't help it - he laughed. Then he wrinkled his nose again. Suddenly, Kurama came out of the kitchen.

"What's so funny, dozo?" he inquired. Then it seemed that Kurama also noticed the smell. "Oh, Hiei, she stinks. Let's change her diaper-quickly!" They took Kami into the bathroom and Kurama proceeded to change her diaper while Hiei watched, fascinated. When Kami was changed, the three of them went into the living room and proceeded to sit on the couch in an attempt at rest. No sooner had they sat down than the doorbell rang.

"Come in!" Kurama called out. He and Hiei were lying stretched out on the couch with Kami beside them when the people standing outside came in. It was Yusuke, Kuwabara, Keiko and Yukina. What they saw when they walked in was a complete shock to their senses.

"What the hell!" Yusuke shouted. "Kurama, what the hell is that?" Hiei lazily opened his eyes and said, "It's a baby, baka. What else?"

"Where did it come from?" Kuwabara asked, hastily amending his words when he saw the strange looks that he was getting from the rest of the group, "I mean, I know where babies come from, but, well you know…whose is it?"

"Hiei sat up, holding Kami protectively on his lap. "I found her; she's mine. Her name is Kami. She is now mine and Kurama's daughter." He growled. Kurama blushed. Kuwabara and Yusuke backed away. They knew to leave Hiei alone when he was that protective. The girls rushed over to look at her.

"Oh, Hiei she's so adorable!" Yukina squealed. Keiko was close behind as she cooed at Kami. "May I hold her, Hiei-san? Please?" Keiko pleaded. Hiei thought for a moment then gently handed his little kitsune to Keiko with a gruff warning to be careful. He watched as she and Yukina talked to and played with Kami. Everyone noticed that although she appeared to be having fun with the girls, her eyes kept straying back to Hiei. Finally, when Kami had finally had enough, she started holding out her little arms towards Hiei, all the while making little growling noises in the back of her throat. Hiei reached over and took her from Keiko. Kami immediately yawned and went to sleep in Hiei's arms. Everyone looked at Hiei and Kami in awe.

"Awwwwww that's so cute!" Keiko smiled at the two. Yusuke sidled up to her and said, "You know Keiko, if you really want one…" he didn't get any further, before Keiko let loose with one of her killer slaps.

"I know full well what you're talking about Yusuke Urameshi! And the answer is NO! What kind of girl do you think I am? Besides, who would take care of it? Surely not you, the great Urameshi Yusuke? I seriously doubt that you're anywhere ready to take care of a child yet." Yusuke looked shocked as he held a hand to his injured cheek and stared at the enraged Keiko. Yukina refereed for the two of them.

"Alright you two, knock it off! Lets stop fighting, its upsetting Kami!" the two of them quieted down immediately, for it was true. Kami was indeed crying. Hiei and Kurama were leaning over her and trying to calm her down. Every few minutes, Hiei would cast a murderous glance at Yusuke for disturbing her. Kurama began to sing softly, and after a moment, Hiei joined in. Their voices made a perfect harmony together. It obviously appealed to Kami, because she quieted down and went back to sleep in Hiei's arms. They all breathed a sigh of relief. Keiko looked at Kurama.

"You know guys, I have all of my old baby stuff in my parents attic. If you want, I could go and get it all for Kami. Would that be okay?" she chewed her bottom lip in anticipation. It was obvious that when it came to Kami, Hiei was the decision-maker. To her ultimate relief, he smiled slightly and nodded his head at her.

"Hn, Kurama-san and I would appreciate it greatly, Arigato. We need all of the help we can get raising our little Kami." Kuwabara looked at Hiei and smiled. Maybe, just maybe, Hiei wasn't as tough as he pretended to be.

Suddenly, the necklace around Yusuke's neck began to beep. It was no ordinary necklace. It was, in fact, a communicator linked directly to Koenma. Yusuke pushed the button on it and Koenma's voice rushed out at them frantically.

"Yusuke, I've got terrible news! Do you copy?" Yusuke stuck his tongue out at the necklace before replying.

"Yeah, yeah, I hear you, I hear you. What's wrong this time? Don't tell me you need your diaper changed or something, 'cause that's not in my job description!" he said, chuckling. Koenma wasn't amused.

"Yusuke, you brat, this is serious! Something terrible is happening to the minor noble families in the Makai! Youkai are disappearing! I need you guys to go and check it out!"

"All right, we're on our way-" he was cute off by Hiei.

"Hn, I can't go." Kurama, Yusuke, and Kuwabara looked at Hiei, their eyes showing their shock. Hiei turning down a chance to fight? Hiei glared at the three of them, before simply replying with, "Kami needs me." Koenma's voice was heard again.

"Who needs Hiei more than us?" Kurama answered, never taking his eyes off of the two.

"Lord Koenma, I'm afraid that Hiei has become a father. He's grown rather attached to our little Kami. We can't leave her alone, you know. She's just a baby." There was silence from the other end of the necklace for a moment. Suddenly, Koenma's voice replied.

"Then bring it to Reiki. Botan, George and I will look after her. But do it quickly, you must leave and get to the bottom of this as soon as possible!" and with that, the communication was cut off. Hiei sneered.

"There is no way Kurama and I are leaving Kami with that toddler. Botan maybe, George, possibly: but Koenma, no way in hell!" Kurama walked over and placed his hand on Hiei's shoulder. He smiled at Hiei and said something that no one else could hear. Whatever he said must have worked, because Hiei stood up and nodded in defeat.

"H…hai, Kurama. We'll leave her with the three of them, but only for a little while." Yusuke and Kuwabara smiled.

"All right, let's go!" Kuwabara shouted. He made as if to leave, but stopped when he saw that no one was following. "What's wrong, guys?" he inquired. Kurama looked up and smiled.

"We're just getting a few things for Kami. We'll have to stop at the store and just buy a few things before we take her to Koenma's." once they had gathered the few meager things that they had and had stopped off at a store to buy baby stuff, they were off to the Reiki.

When they got there, they found that Koenma was pacing around (or, to e more accurate, he was floating around in circles). Botan was sitting on her oar and George was attempting to calm both of them down. When he saw the four guys, he grinned. When he saw what Hiei was holding in his arms, his eyes widened and he gasped. Koenma and Botan must have heard the noise, because they turned around. Botan smiled when she saw the baby and Koenma burst into laughter.

"Hee hee hee…Hiei taking care of that little baby! Oh that's rich, ha ha ha, hey, wait a minute…" he looked at Kami a little closer. "What the, it's a kitsune!" he turned to Kurama, "all right, Kurama, who's the mother?" Kurama smiled a little and shook his head. Before he could say anything, however, Hiei was standing right in front of him. If looks could kill, the prince of the dead would be writhing around on the ground as Hiei's Black Dragon slowly devoured him.

"She is not an it, Koenma. Her name is Kami. Treat her with respect, because she is now Kurama's daughter and mine!" He barked out. Koenma let out a squeak and flew behind Botan, using her as a shield. She smiled at Hiei, who was still glaring daggers at Lord Koenma. Botan held out her arms, and Hiei suddenly found himself handing Kami to her.

"There now, Kami." Botan smiled at Hiei. "Say goodbye to your fathers!" she picked up Kami's little hand and puppeted a wave. Hiei and Kurama walked over to Botan and each kissed Kami. She must have known that they were leaving, because she suddenly burst into tears. Hiei could feel himself breaking down as well. Kurama's eyes were red rimmed. He carefully set the baby stuff on the ground. He held Kami's hand for a moment.

"Be good, for me, Kami. Kurama and I will come home soon. Take care of Botan and George for me, but pick on Koenma all you want." He felt a lump in his throat. Kami looked up into his eyes and gripped his hand with hers tightly (as babies sometimes do). He was cut off from saying anything else by Koenma.

"Yo, Hiei, this isn't a farewell party. Get your youkai butt moving! I don't pay you guys to stand around my office all teary-eyed!" With one last glare at Koenma, Hiei turned towards the others. He heard Yusuke mutter something along the lines of not being paid at all. Hiei turned towards Kurama, who was putting a rose in Kami's hair. He heard Kami giggle. He couldn't take it anymore.

"Let's go." He said, embarrassed by the crack in his voice. Kurama put a hand on his shoulder. They smiled at each other for a moment, then left. Yusuke and Kuwabara followed, still baffled by the change in Hiei.

When they were gone, Botan sat down to play with Kami. It was then that she noticed the birthmark on Kami's hip. She looked at it quizzically for a moment before calling Koenma.

"Lord Koenma, look at this mark. Do you know what it is? I've never seen anything like it. It can't be a…a birthmark. It's too perfect. What is it?" Koenma stared at it thoughtfully for a minute.

"Hmmm, it does look familiar. George, go to the records department and look up birthmarks. There's something about this mark…"

That's it for Chapter Two! Please review so that I know what you people like, etc.