Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Hiei is a Father? ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Here it is once again: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho. It belongs to Yoshihiro Togashi. I also do not own the species Wolf-ki- they were created by Shapeshifter. I do however, own Kami, the infant kitsune and the leader of the kitsune's and wolf-ki.

Warning: This story is slight Yaoi.

******Chapter Three******

"By Enma, Hiei, would you please slow down? We've been traveling for a week at this pace now, can't we please slow down?" Yusuke called out from somewhere behind Hiei. Hiei sneered. He was busy cutting a path through the Makai Black Forest, the others following him in a single line.

Scowling, he stopped suddenly, turning around to face the three behind him. Kurama had transformed into Youko as soon as they had crossed the border. He was the only one who managed to keep up with Hiei's strenuous pace effortlessly. He grinned at Hiei, baring pearly white fangs. Yusuke and Kuwabara were next in line. They were having a little more trouble keeping up. Hiei sighed.

"Hn. Alright, I guess we can camp in this clearing for the night." He heard Yusuke and Kuwabara cheering. He turned around again. "Quit your yelling, you idiots, or you'll get us all killed." The two shut up immediately. Hiei sighed and led them into the quiet clearing where they set about making camp. Kuwabara found sticks and pieces of wood for a fire. Kurama set out their rations Hiei went to find some fresh meat, and Yusuke used the communication mirror to summon Botan. By the time he finally got through to her, Hiei was already back with several strange birds. Hiei watched with interest as Yusuke attempted to talk to Botan.

"Botan, are you there? It's me, Yusuke! Are you there, do you copy?" there was a pause, then suddenly Botan's voice was heard. She looked tired and haggard, as if she hadn't slept in weeks.

"I'm here, Yusuke. I'm still in one piece. Is Hiei or Kurama there?" there was suddenly the sound of something breaking. Botan winced at the noise. "I really need to talk to Hiei, get him on the communicator!" Yusuke winced as her voiced reached a new octave. He looked at Kurama and Hiei who were sitting together under a tree.

"Oi, Hiei, Kurama, can you come over here for a minute? Botan want's to talk to you." He saw the two of them get up and stride over to Yusuke.

"What's the problem, baka?" Hiei sneered. Kurama smiled fondly down at the half-koorime before looking at Yusuke.

"What is wrong, Yusuke? Is something the matter?" Yusuke just shook his head and handed the communicator to Hiei, backing away. Hiei looked at it curiously, turning it over before saying anything. What he saw when he looked into the mirror shocked him; there was Koenma (in toddler form), but he was running from something, all the while screaming at the top of his lungs. That something became clear after a few seconds. Kami was chasing him. She had changed into her youko form. The beauty of his baby kit momentarily awed Hiei. She was a pure white, the color of freshly fallen snow. Botan's yelling at Koenma snapped him out of his reverie.

"Lord Koenma-sama, stop screaming, you're getting little Kami more and more wound up with that noise!" then it seemed that Koenma said something, because she replied, "Lord Koenma, you can levitate and fly. If you levitate yourself, she won't be able to chase you anymore!" Hiei smiled at the thought of his Kami chasing the prince of the dead around, while Koenma ran on his chubby little feet instead of flying. Hiei figured that Koenma took her advice, for suddenly Botan turned back to the communication mirror. Her violet eyes opened in shock as she realized that she'd had an audience for the entire scene.

"Hiei, Kurama, are you both there?" when they nodded, she continued, "I need one of you to use the communication mirror to speak to Kami. She's going wild! Please, Hiei, will you speak with your daughter?" Hiei nodded.

"Hai, put her within range so that I can talk to her." Botan nodded and disappeared. She came back a moment later with a struggling kitsune in her arms. Hiei smiled at her in spite of the turmoil that she had caused. He looked at Kurama, and saw that he too was smiling. Hiei turned his attention back to Kami, who was still struggling in Botan's grip.

"That's enough, Kami. Be good little one, Kurama and I will be back soon, don't worry." He said to the kitsune quietly. When she heard his voice, she immediately transformed back into her half-and-half form. Botan sighed in relief and held the baby tighter.

"Arigatou Hiei-san. She just went a little crazy after you and Kurama left. We tried everything we could to calm her down, but nothing we did seemed to work. She's been chasing Lord Koenma around all day." At this Hiei began to chuckle. Botan glared daggers at him and said, ""Hiei, if this keeps up, then we won't be able to baby-sit her anymore." Hiei glowered at the mirror, but suddenly, Kurama spoke.

"Excuse me, Botan. I think I speak for Hiei and myself when I say that if she becomes too much of a problem, you can just take her to Genkai's. I spoke to her on the phone the morning before we left, and she said that she would baby-sit if necessary." He smiled charmingly at Botan, who grinned back at he thought.

"That's wonderful Kurama! I'll take little Kami over to Genkai's tonight. Thank you so much." She said cheerfully.

"It was no problem, really. We're sorry for the trouble she's caused, aren't we Hiei?" he nudged Hiei in the waist with his elbow. Hiei jumped and glared at Kurama for a moment before looking at Botan and nodding.

"Hn, yes, take her to Genkai's. Yukina will watch over her. I…thank you for taking care of her…despite the trouble she caused." Hiei admitted grudgingly. Botan smiled and started to say something else, but suddenly, Koenma took the communicator from Botan and glared at Hiei through it.

"Hiei, that kit of yours is a little monster!" he calmed down when he heard the warning growl coming from Hiei's throat. "But, anyway, that's beside the point. I don't know if you and Kurama noticed it, but Kami has a very unique birthmark. George is down in the archives room looking it up, because I'm sure that I've seen it somewhere." The prince of the dead stroked his chin thoughtfully. "Oh well. Continue about your business, if we find out anything, we'll contact you." And with that, the communication was cut off.

"Weird." Yusuke said, smiling at Hiei. Hiei glared at him as he took his seat beside the fire. They cooked their dinner in silence, until Kuwabara broke the tranquillity. Everyone looked at him in surprise as he began shivering.

"Oi, what's wrong, Kuwabara?" Yusuke inquired, "Is it that damn "tickle feeling" you get from ghosts?" Kuwabara shook his head.

"Un-uh, Urameshi. It's youkai. There's a group of youkai approaching, but I can't tell if they're friendly or not." Before he could say anything else, the intruders arrived. It was a pack of Wolf-ki, followed quickly by a group of kitsune's. They looked tired, and beaten. Hiei growled and started for his katana, but Kurama put a hand over his in warning and shook his head. "There is no need." He whispered. Hiei frowned, then nodded. Kurama was the first to stand.

"Welcome, friends. Why have you come to our camp? What is your business here?" From the pack of wolf-ki and the group of kitsune emerged two females. The first, wolf-ki, had deep emerald green ears, fur, and tail. The kitsune was taller and older, and had ears, fur, and tails of the brightest white. She was the one who spoke.

"I am Hitomi, of the IcewindPeak clan of kitsune's." She gestured to the female wolf-ki. "She is Mai-Lin, of the SingingMoon clan. We are the leaders of our packs, and we humbly ask for shelter for the night. We have been running and searching all day, and we just need to rest, onegai shimasu*." Kurama eyed the group, turned towards his comrades, who nodded. He turned back to the two packs and nodded.

"Hai, you may join us. This clearing is more than enough to accommodate us all. The white kitsune smiled warmly at Kurama. Thank you, Youko Kurama. Our two clans are forever grateful." She turned around and spoke to her clan, while Mai-Lin did the same to her pack, and then the two packs set about to finding places to rest. Kurama wasn't surprised that she knew whom he was. Mai-Lin and Hitomi walked over to the four young men and asked if it would be permissible for them to sit down. Kuwabara was the one who answered, scooting his body over to make room for Mai-Lin, while Yusuke made room for Hitomi. Kurama chose to scoot closer to Hiei. Hiei noticed this, and also noticed the reason. There were several females (both kitsune and wolf-ki) who were staring appreciatively at the handsome kitsune. Hiei was brought back to the present by hearing Yusuke's voice. First, he made introductions, and then he looked at Hitomi, the white kitsune leader.

"So, umm Hitomi-sama?" Yusuke asked, hoping that his use of "sama" was correct. Either it was correct, or Hitomi just didn't care. She turned her violet eyes and smiled.

"Yes, how may I help you, Yusuke? Is there a problem?" Yusuke looked at her and then smiled.

"I don't mean to be nosy, I was just wondering what you were searching for. If you think that I'm being too nosy, you can just hit me and tell me to shut up." Hitomi looked at him thoughtfully. She then turned to Mai-Lin.

"What do you think, my dear? Should we tell them?" Mai-Lin looked up, surprised and nodded.

"Sure. If you think that they can help us." Hitomi smiled at the men, stood up and began to untie the side lacing of her pants. When there was a gap the size of a fist in the area of her hip, she turned her hip towards the men.

"Do you see it, gentleman? About a month ago both my clan and Mai-Lin's were attacked. Out of Mai-Lin's pack, we lost about twenty wolf-ki. We were able to find most of them," she gestured behind her to a group of wolf-ki that surrounded about thirteen wolf-ki children. "Those were the ones we recovered. Out of my one clan, we lost only four. Two girls and two boys. They were Inari's children, born at the solstice about one year ago. They were to go into His care, but they were stolen from us. Please help us, if you can to find them." Hiei was staring at the mark on the female kitsune's hip in horror. It was exactly the same as Kami's…

Muwhahahahaha, I love cliffhangers! I'm almost finished with chapter four, and will put it up soon, but I want to see some reviews first! Thanks again to Shapeshifter for letting me use her wolf-ki!