Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Hiei, The Man Behind The Mask ❯ Finding Out ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hiei, The Man Behind The Mask.

Disclaimer: See First Chapter.

~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Kurama, Hiei, get your butts up to my office, NOW!”
Kurama was immediately awake and hopping into his normal clothes. Hiei, on the other hand, groaned, stuffed a pillow over his head, and mumbled something about too early. The fox looked at his friend with worried eyes. This was not in character for Hiei. Maybe Yuske or Kuwabak- um, that is Kuwabara would do that, but defiantly not Hiei. So Kurama asked, “Hiei, are you okay? You're acting a bit... out of character.” A reply came from the little fire demon, but it was muffled by the pillow, resulting in something that sounded like, “I'mfpine, mfsteepy.”
“What? I'm sorry, Hiei, but I can't understand you.”
Hiei took his head out of the pillow, said, “I said, I'm fine!” then began to get up, all the while mumbling things about stupid dreams.
Ten minuets later, Hiei and Kurama, along with Yuske and Kuwabara, were standing in Koenma's office. The baby prince was sitting at his desk as he assessed his team's disposition. Kurama was, as always, eager to help those in need; Kuwabara was gripping about how early it was, as was Yuske; as for Hiei, well, it was hard to tell what kind of mood he was in. Koenma took a deep breath. The news he had received was rather disturbing, and now he had to figure out how to tell the gang.
All four boys were looking at Koenma now. So Koenma said, “Well, um, how are you guys this fine morning?” in an all to squeaky/nervous voice. All he got were glares from Hiei and Yuske, Kuwabara's eye twitched, and Kurama smiled as if to signify, 'I'm very well, thank you. Now, what's the mission?'
“Well, anyways, first off. Hiei, do you know this man?” Hiei glanced over at the screen out of the corner of his eye, as expected, but when Hiei saw who the picture was of, his head snapped up and toward the screen, and a low, feral growl
issued from his lips. The picture was of Ryo.
“Why do you want to know if I know him or not?” Hiei asked a startled Koenma. The Prince of Hell gathered himself up and said, “Because I just received this tape.” And thus, Koenma pressed a button, and Ryo's face came into focus.
“Koenma, I know that Hiei works for you, and I would like very much for him to see this. Hello Hiei. I would like for you to see someone, I think you will recognize them.” said Ryo. With that, the camera swiveled and focused on two figures. A seven year old boy and a two year old girl clung to a red haired woman, who looked scared. All three of them were fettered to a wall. Suddenly a ball of energy flew toward them. The little boy struggled to cover up the girl and the woman, and the woman tried in vain to get the boy to stop, but he was determined to protect the two females.
After the dust settled, the woman was holding onto the boy, crying. Ryo's voice continued, “As you see, Hiei, little Kenji takes after you quite a lot, and Alexis is a little joy. Pity they have to die. You see, in one week exactly, I will kill them, along with Sakura. This war between was never about her. I just did all this so in the end I could see your distraught and broken face. I hate you Hiei. I hate you so much! You always get what-”
“Turn it off Koenma. NOW!”yelled Hiei. All four of Hiei's companions looked at him in a new light at this point. They had always thought that Hiei was immune to feeling, even Kurama to some extent, but his emotions were on full blast right then. Suddenly Koenma's voice brought them back to reality. “The troubling thing is, there is no information as to the location of the prisoners-” Koenma was cut off by the harsh laugh from Hiei.
“Koenma,” he said, “you forget, I can communicate with both of my children through telepathy. Hurting Kenji, Alexis, and their mother was the worst thing he could have done. Before, I might have let him live.” Then Yuske put in his two cents. “If you knew the location the whole time, why didn't you DO something you jerk?!”
“I was not aware that my children were in captivity! I thought they were safe! At Sakura's parent's home! I didn't KNOW! Did you not just hear me? I cannot communicate with Sakura! Ryo knows how to divert my fucking Jagan Eye! But, he can't keep me from my children's minds!”
“Why didn't you just get them to find her then?!”
“Because their TOO YOUNG! I didn't want them to have to end up like I did! They deserve better! Now, I suggest that we get a move on!”
There was a stunned silence.
“Well crew, you know what to do! Shoo Shoo!” said Koenma. And with that, the gang went out the door.


~*~*~*~*~*~*
Well? Come on, push the pretty button that says 'Review'. You know you want to. Pretty Please?!

Converting /tmp/phpdh2DwX to /dev/stdout