Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Hieibara Drabbles ❯ Song ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hieibara Drabble #6
Title: Song
calikocat/LemonKitty
Word Count: 438
Disclaimers: I don't own the boys…::grumbles:: And I don't own the song…it's a YuYu Hakusho character song, performed by the seiyuu of Yusuke, Kurama, Hiei, and Kuwa. There is one verse that is split in half by Hiei and Kuwa respectively…also I cut the song up….didn't use all of it `cause I'm lazy. ::hides::
 
XXX
 
You'd never guess by looking at him, or even spending time with him on a semi-regular basis. Yusuke would be shocked to learn such a thing. Hell, Kurama never would have guessed it.
 
He had discovered it by accident; or rather Hiei hadn't realized he was awake. Either way it was something that Kuwabara never would have suspected, but it wasn't an unwelcome discovery.
 
They were cuddled together in bed after a rather err…exciting night of…games and he was pleasantly sore and content. As he drifted off to sleep he thought he heard someone singing and idly wondered if they'd left the radio on in the living room. But as he let the voice lure him back to consciousness he realized that it wasn't the radio but something much closer.
 
<i>Ima subeta ga
Boku-tachi no kisetsu wo terashite
Donna toki mo
Wasurenai yo
Kimi to onaji umi wo mite `ta
Ano hi no koto wo</i>
 
It was a song he recognized and a smile twitched at his lips as he remembered hearing it on the radio a while back. Evidently Hiei liked it as well, enough to remember it and sing it softly as he was now.
 
<i>Namida yori atatakai
Mizu no you ni
Yume miru
Boku wa naze tsutaetai
Kotoba ni mo dekizu ni</i>
 
It was times like this that Kuwabara knew that what they shared was a forever kind of thing. Yeah, the sex was great and the best he'd ever had, and they complimented each other in ways that still baffled their friends. Not to mention a shared passion for getting on Yusuke and Koenma's nerves. But the softer moments seemed to wrap everything in warmth and make what they had even more real than the physical aspect of their relationship.
 
<i>Yomigaeru itoshisa mo
Kizutsukeru kowasa mo--</i>
 
Before Hiei could finish the verse Kuwabara picked it up, raising his head to look at the holder of his heart.
 
<i>Tachitomarazu
Kanjitai dake</i>
 
“How long have you been awake?”
 
“A while.”
 
“Go back to sleep Kazuma.”
 
“…will you sing some more?”
 
“…”
 
“Hiei?”
 
Soft red eyes smiled back at him and a gentle kiss was pressed to his lips. “If you stop interrupting.”
 
Kuwabara rolled his eyes. “You're a jerk and I love you.”
 
“Go to sleep Kuwa.” Hiei's voice lowered to a whisper. “I love you too, fool.”
 
One of them sighed and Hiei began to sing again.
 
<i>Hikari abite
Boku-tachi no kisetsu ga hajimaru
Donna toki mo wasurenai yo
Kimi to onaji kaze ni natta
Ano hi no koto wo
 
Wasurenai sa
Kimi to boku wo tsunagu no wa
It's true love for you……</i>
 
XXX