Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Hieibara Drabbles ❯ Symbol ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hieibara Drabble #7
Title: Symbol
calikocat/LemonKitty
Word Count: 457
Disclaimers: I don't own the boys…darn the luck.
 
XXX
 
Hiei gazed upon his lover in all his bare glory. Normally he would be across the room the second Kuwabara gave any sign that he was `in the mood' to use a human phrase. But he paused, almost frozen in place at the site of the addition to his mate's pale skin. For there, around Kuwabara's waist was something that had not been there before.
 
“What is that?”
 
“What is what?”
 
Hiei narrowed his eyes. “No games Kuwa, what is that mark on your body?”
 
Kuwabara countered him with wide and innocent eyes as he replied. “It's a dragon.”
 
“Kazuma I am not blind, I can see that it is a dragon.”
 
“Then why did you ask—“
 
“Kazuma.”
 
Kuwabara kept up the innocent face. “Do you like it?”
 
Ruby eyes blinked ever so slowly, as confusion settled in place, and Hiei moved closer. Once he was at his lover's side he reached out to touch the design etched into Kuwabara's skin. A soft hiss made him jerk back.
 
“Sorry, it's still tender.”
 
“Why would you brand yourself?” Hiei's voice was soft; he could not understand the reason for this replica of his dragon. His own dragon was to call forth creatures from the darkest depths of Makai. This one wrapped around Kuwabara's waist held no power. “This is an empty symbol.”
 
Kuwabara chuckled and leaned down to kiss over the covered Jagan. “It's not an empty symbol Hiei; this tattoo has plenty of meaning.”
 
Hiei pulled away and knelt beside Kuwabara, gently he placed a kiss on the dragon's head. The creature looped around the man's waist once, beginning and ending at his hip, it's head resting on it's tail. “What does it mean?” He lifted his gaze to meet twinkling blue eyes.
 
“It means that I'm yours and always will be. We've been to hell and back and triumphed time and time again. We're mates now and forever.” Kuwabara paused and he gave his demon a mischievous smirk. “And now we're a matched set.”
 
Another long blink from Hiei, sometimes Kuwabara would make impossible jumps in logic that left him lost in the dark. “What?”
 
“I figured your dragon was getting a little lonely.”
 
Hiei snorted and choked back a laugh. “Idiot.”
 
“Idiot huh, well this idiot just made you snort like a pig.”
 
“…Demon swine?” Hiei seemed to think on it.
 
“We've seen weirder stuff.”
 
“Hn.”
 
“Do you like it?”
 
A small smirk emerged on Hiei's face. “I like it.”
 
“Good…we're going to have sex now right?”
 
Hiei's smirk turned into an evil grin. “But you're still so tender.” A quick flash of tongue was followed by a long lick along the tattoo.
 
“I think I'll survive…just keep doing that for a while.”
 
“Hn.”
 
XXX