Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Hope For Fox ❯ Father? No way! ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hiei's grip on Kurama was very tight; he had his head buried in Kurama's silk red hair.

" Hey Kurama, what happened?" Yusuke sounded worried; he looked at the worried kitsune. " That demon that attack Hiei. I think I might know who he is." Kurama's voice was low; he sounded just as worried as the rest if not more.

" Who?" Kuwabara said confused. " Who was the demon?" Kurama looked at the trembling fire demon. " I believe it was Hiei's father."

Yusuke and Kuwabara gasped. Have they heard right? How could a father treat his child like that? Hiei was very scared and quite shaking up. " Is this why Hiei is scared? Is that what Hiei meant when he said ` he is coming?" Kurama nodded. " Yes Yusuke. That is why." Kurama continued walking. He rubbed the poor fire demon's back trying his best to comfort the frightened Hiei.

Kuwabara was speechless but flat out mad. How could a father do that? Yeah I know what to do, when I see Hiei's father I will go punch his brains out! Yeah, yeah and then, then! Kuwabara's thoughts were interrupted by Hiei's pitiful cry. They all looked at Hiei, his eyes looked right past Yusuke and Kuwabara into the dark forest. When Kurama and the rest looked, whatever Hiei saw was gone. " I feel the same energy that came off his father. He must be near, though he must be running, his ki is getting farther away." Kurama noted. Hiei seemed to have calmed down now; his eyes were heavy until he fell into a deep sleep.

" Shall we camp here for tonight?" Kurama asked everyone, everyone nodded in agreement. They quickly made there camp. Kurama made a fire, while Yusuke gathered wood. Kuwabara was out looking for food soon to be joined by Kurama. Yusuke was going to watch Hiei while they were gone.

" There. The fire is done. I am going to go help Kuwabara."

Yusuke nodded. " Okay Kurama. Just leave Hiei to me." Kurama nodded and left the camp to help catch food.

Hiei was still asleep, moving every now and then. He seemed to be lost in a dream.

Hiei had sweat dripping down his small face. Yusuke watched. He wanted Hiei to sleep; he knew Hiei would be scared if Kurama were not here. He continued watching the fire demon,

Hiei started to whimper; he curled his self into a ball. He continued to whimper and cry out for help. To Hiei his cries were not heard. Yusuke knew what he had to do. He crouched down next to Hiei and picked him up, he moved slowly back and forth trying to get Hiei to quite down. " It's okay. I promise, I am here with you." Yusuke whispered into the little ones ear.

Yusuke smiled to his self. Hiei was not whispering anymore.

His eyes opened only to see Yusuke's eyes instead of the warm green eyes that he was use to seeing. " Where is Kurama?" He cried out in fear

" It's okay." Yusuke said. " Kurama will be back soon. And he will have food. I promise.

" I want Kurama!" Hiei wailed. Hiei was very comfortable about him, but not so much around Yusuke.

After about forty or so minutes Kurama and Kuwabara came back.

Kurama had his self about 20 or so animal's from the Makai, Kuwabara only had two.

" Man Kurama! How did you do that?" Kuwabara could not believe this. " Well I am a bit rusty, but being a fox I use to do this a lot."

" Rusty?" Kuwabara sweat dropped.

When Hiei heard Kurama he started struggling more. Yusuke put him down; Hiei darted off to Kurama grabbing his leg. " Why did you leave?" Hiei wailed. Kurama gave Kuwabara the rest of the food; he picked up Hiei and hugged him. " I am sorry, I did not mean to scare you." He brushed away the tears in Hiei's eyes.

" I don't get it. Why is he only comfortable around you?" Yusuke was puzzled. Kurama smiled.

" Well I did save him from his father. And in his dream I save him. But somehow I think there is more to the dream, but he is just to young to tell it to us what he is seeing." Kurama explained, Yusuke nodded. " Makes sense."

" How about we start to eat. I will cook some of those. They are very good."

Yusuke looked at the food. " What is it?"

Kurama smiled. " Just little demon's that make for great food. They are lucky. Because you don't eat there bones they can grow there skin back and live on. There is no blood in them, so they are mainly for lazy demon's that don't want to look for real food. And the ones I caught are very good; they are a type of animal here. You will like it try some."

Kuwabara glared at Yusuke who was laughing. The demon's Kuwabara caught are slow and for lazy demons but he was only able to catch two, Kurama on the other hand was able to catch 20 of a very fast creature.

Hiei was already eating, Kurama smiled at him. " Hiei slow down, there is plenty." They have not eaten in awhile, Hiei must be pretty hungry. Kurama grabbed some food and started eating too. He could only imagine what trouble tomorrow would bring.

___________________________

Okay another chapter done. Is good or bad? Please reveiw