Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ I Cant Remember ❯ Chapter 2

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Kurama woke up and heard banging on the door. His first reaction was that his mother had come back, but he scratched that. His mother would of had enough sense to use the doorbell and not break down the door. He quickly got up and checked the clock; 1:57.
"When did I fall aslep?" he wondered to himself as he left his room and traveled towards the entrance hall.
"Damnit Kurama! Let us in!" Kurama heard a familiar voice drift through the door. He opened it to find a disgruntled looking Yusuke, a pissed off Hiei, and a smileing Boton.
"Well Kurama, mind letting us in? Boton said with a slight giggle and walked in anyway.
Kurama quickly recovered from his shock and lead them to the sitting room. After some idle chit-chat they got down to bussiness.
"Where's Kuwabara?" Kurama asked, surprised he wasnt with them.
"Oh, he's at the mall." Boton said with another smile and offered no other explaination. After a moment of silence Yusuke decide to explain.
"We got a new mission." He said, and then with a grimace "but it's not a demon. It's this girl we need. Turns out Koenma's been trying to find her for a month now and just got a clue as to were she might be."
"Where?" Kurama asked "And why do we need her?" he added, curiosily.
"I dont know if you remeber, but a few years back you guys took out a man named Samato." Boton said "Well it turns out he left a little surprise for us incase he did died or if things didn't go as planned. We're not sure wat it is but Koenma fears the worse. This guy was ruthless and killd everyone and everyting without hesitation. Not only that but he knew how to use his head. He was almost impossible to catch at the time."
"Yeah, I remeber. He used to fight dirty. Almost killed me too." Yusuke said angrily
"So our mission is to find out what he left behind and destroy it?" Kurama asked, hoping it was easier than it sounded."
"Well, yes and no. We had no idea were he left i. It could be in any world and we dont even know what it looks like or what it is." Boton said, souding exasperated.
"So how do we find it?" Kurama asked
"Well, he did leave a clue. A daughter who might have some helpful information." Yusuke explained.
"So that's were Kuwabara is." Kurama stated more that asked. "He's getting the girl."

"OOOOOh! Look how cute this is!" Emily said pointing to a crystal necklace in a glass case.
"Yeah....cute" Jenice said, completely drained of energy. They were in the hallway looking into a store and people walking by kept bumping into her. She'd been at the mall all day with her sister oohing and aawing at everything. Her feet hurt and she couldnt take another minute in this place "I think it's time we get outta here. It's almost 2:00 and we havent had lunch. We can grab something to eat at Billy Joe's. What you do say?"
"Alright." Emily said. She look regretfully at the stuffed animal in her hand. "But you owe me a superduperchocolatecovereddippedinsugar milkshake!" Jenice agreed and they rushed out of the mall.
"Damn!" Jenice said "I think I left my watch in the bathroom when I took it off to wash my hands!"
"I'm sure by now someone took it." Emily said. they whre already in the parking lot and the car was within sight.
"Here." Jenice said tossing her the keys. "Wait in the car while I go check if it's there." She ran back into the mall before Emily could argue.
Emily opened up the car and sat in the passenger seat. She waited for a few miutes until she couldnt take the silence any longer. She put in keys into the ignition and turned the radio on. Theye were giving some old music and because she was singing along (screeching along) she didnt here a tap at the widow. In fact, she didnt even notice anyone was next to her until they grabbed her.

"Are you sure you want this one?" The nice lady behind the glass counter asked.
"Just wrap the stupid necklace." Jenice said. She couldnt belive she was spending this much on a necklace. "It's not even diamond! Just some crystal".
Jenice froze as the lady handed her the package. She had a bad feeling about something. Not sure why she did, Jenice ran out of the store and tore through the mall. She reached the parking lot and ran at top speed to the back were her car was parked. She sighed with relief as she saw that he car was fine. She opened the acr door and sat in the drivers seat, but as she turned to look to the right, she noticed that Emily was gone.
Jenice didnt scream or cry or get angry. She didnt even have a reaction. Just just stared and the empty spot and cluthed at the brightly wrapped gift in her hand.