Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ In the Moment ❯ It's about that time ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay, I wrote this while I was in desk top publishing, so this may be a little funky. I felt that an update was very well needed. So here goes nothing. I hope it goes well. Smooches.
 
 
They lay together on a bed of grass looking out into the stars. I was another Friday night and they were trying to find things to do. There was a soft breeze that gave Airiona goose bumps. She shivered slightly and kept a smile on her face.
 
“Do you want me to get my jacket for you Airi?”
 
“No, it feels good. Finally my favorite season is here.”
 
“Yes, I know. So how are Mordecai and uh that Johnny guy?”
 
“They're still going steady butterball,” that was a nickname for him that she pulled out of nowhere. He told her he didn't want to be called that but she gave him a pout and those doe puppy dog eyes and no one would have ever been able to say no to her. So it stuck. “What brings that up?”
 
“I think he is more than he seems. He is just putting up this façade to get what he wants.”
 
“And what does he want?”
 
“The - I don't know what he wants, baby.”
 
“You're lying. You know that there is something going on, but you just aren't telling me.” This made her sit up and look at him in the eyes.
 
“Okay, I know I'm keeping something from you but I have to.”
 
“Why?”
 
“There is something big. It is so big that you are involved in, but I cannot tell. You have to find that out on your own.”
 
“Okay Kurama, but is there anything you can tell me?”
 
“Things have been lying low for a while. You haven't been having any bad dreams and Rei is perfectly fine. There are no worries right?”
 
“Yeah, everything has been really peaceful.”
 
“But, that's what I'm worried about. We have just been sitting back, relaxing, and I think we are forgetting about what is to come. All I can tell you is that something bad is coming. It may not be right now but I know that something is and we need to stop sitting around like there is nothing to worry about. Your mother and you grandmother said that you would have to come to figure this out on your own . . . you remember that day when you passed out in my room?”
 
“ . . . Yeah. I remember it a little bit, why?”
 
“Well, you were having a vision I guess you can call it. But, it was something you didn't want. You've been fighting it so hard and that's why you still haven't been able to see it clearly. That guy you told me about, Kyoro, he has something to do with this. That is all I can tell you Airi.”
 
“Thank you . . . I love you Kurama.” He smiled at her.
 
“I love you too Airi.” He caressed her face with his right hand.
 
“So what are we going to do now?”
 
“Well, first you need to figure out what is going on for yourself. Then we'll work from there. But, you are the key to this whole thing.” Kurama didn't know just how right he was about that statement. “Ice cream?”
 
“Sure why not?”
 
“You need something to relieve some stress on you right now.”
 
“Oh, why thank you.”
 
“Anything for the woman I love.” They got up form the ground and he kissed her. They broke apart and Airiona was still a little weak in the knees.
 
 
 
Airiona was up in the attic with her mother. No one had been up there in years and everything was covered in dust. She had just inhaled and soon regretted it for she got more dust than oxygen. “Ewwww!!!! That is sooooo nasty.” Her mother was still in a fit of giggles.
 
“Mo-o-o-o-o-om” She stretched out just to show how exasperated she was.
 
“I'm sorry dear.”
 
“Wow, I haven't been up here in like five years.”
 
“I know. You said that you saw something up here and it scared you.”
 
“It scared me not because it was there but because I didn't know what it was. It didn't want to harm me, I knew that much. But, I didn't know who it was or what it was, you know?”
 
“Yeah. My great grandfather was the same way. He was always leery of the unknown. Maybe that's why we adopted you. I saw something in you that reminded me so much of them. It was like them all wrapped up in that small little body of yours.”
 
“I didn't know what mom.”
 
“Well, now you do.”
 
“Wow, this stuff is sooo cool.”
 
“Sadly I didn't feel that way when I was your age.”
 
“Really? Why not?”
 
“Let's just say, I wanted nothing to do with it.”
 
“With, what mom?”
 
“It's nothing.”
 
“Are you sure?”
 
“Leave it alone, Airiona!” She raised her voice a little just to get her point across.
 
“Okay.” Airiona opened up a chest. It creaked and groaned like there was no tomorrow with every millimeter. The sunlight made a beeline for the box and made the confines shine so bright. There was a large book with that same symbol, the one on the back of her neck and the one she saw on Rei. Things were starting to get a little bit clearer. She opened the box and there written on the first page was Yammamato.
 
“Mom, what is this?” She had turned the next page and found that it was written in a language she had never seen before.
 
“Ahh … well, it's something that is apart of our family and ours only.”
 
“Then how do I understand it?”
 
“Well, it's a process that you have to go through and it's going to take a while to get it.”
 
“Hmm … what does it say?”
 
“It's just an incantation.”
 
“Like witches?”
 
“Something like that I guess. But, anyway, feel free too look at that whenever you want.”
 
“Okay mom.”
 
“Now, let's get to dusting.” After about an hour everything looked new again.
 
“So . . . what . . . do I get . . . out of this?” Airiona asked. She was so tired from all of the cleaning that she had done in the attic.
 
“Uh, thirty dollars. How does that sound?”
 
“I guess that will get me a tee-shirt.”
 
“Whew, I'm going downstairs to take a shower.”
 
“Okay. I'm just going to look at some of this stuff here.”
 
“Do break anything.”
 
“Mom, you know I won't”
 
Airiona opened up that chest again. She just could not help but be drawn to it. She started running her hand along the pages. That's when she saw it.
 
**flash**
 
“Nooooo!!! Hey Jeoung.” He held the limp body in his arms.
 
“Don't . . . worry Kyoro. D-Don.” And that was it.
 
“This world is mine. From now on, I will kill all of those generations who did this to you.”
 
**Flash out**
 
Airiona was gasping for air. “What the hell is going on?” She asked herself. Why was she seeing that? Why was this happening to her.
 
“Well, you were having a vision I guess you can call it. But, it was something you didn't want. You've been fighting it so hard and that's why you still haven't been able to see it clearly. That guy you told me about, Kyoro, he has something to do with this. That is all I can tell you Airi.” That's what Kurama told her that day.
 
“Kurama.”