Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ In the Moment ❯ First Encounters ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Six o'clock finally rolls around. Airiona was walking down the steps when she heard the doorbell ring. “Shuichi, you made it. Good.”
 
“You should expect nothing less.” She smiled.
 
“Would you like anything to drink?”
 
“Uh, that's okay. I don't need to get anything on my shirt before we leave.”
 
“Yeah, I would be the one that ended up with catsup on a white dress.”
 
“Well you'd still look nice.”
 
“Haha. Thanks.” Airiona was wearing a white dress with intricate designs of red roses. It came to her knees. Shuichi had on a red shirt and black jeans. Rei looked up from his blanket on the floor. His cute head bobbed a little bit. She sat on her knees on the blanket. “Hey Rei, this is Kurama. Say hi Kurama.” He just smiled at him. “Do you want to hold him?”
 
“Sure. Why not.” He got out of the seat and she handed Rei to him. Rei just kept smiling and touching Kurama's face.
 
“He really likes you, Kurama.”
 
“What can I say? Everyone likes me.”
 
“Sure Kurama. If it makes you feel better.”
 
“I'm hurt. You see that little guy; your sister is being a meanie.” She just smiled at the two. Then Rei got a funny look on his face. “Aww, what's wrong?” Then he just spit up on his shirt.
 
“Ah, I am so sorry.”
 
“No it's okay.” She took Rei and wiped his mouth.
 
“I am going to get you another shirt.” Rei would not stop crying. She went through her fathers clothes and found a red shirt. She gave Rei to her mother and ran back down the stairs. The sight made her mouth drop. She caught it and closed it. “Here Kurama, this should fit.”
 
“Thanks.” She just kept looking at his abs and how muscled his arms are. She didn't know all of that was hiding underneath that school uniform. The doorbell rang. It was Mord with a big smile on her face.
 
“Hey, you ready?”
 
“Yeah. Let me get my purse.” She told her mom goodbye and put on her shoes.
 
“So where are we going?” Shuichi asked.
 
“I don't know; we're going to go where the wind takes us.”
 
“Oh wow.”
 
“Yeah. It'll be a fun night.” They got in the car and drove off. For a while they drove around aimlessly having a little chitchat. The finally stopped at a club and were let in without a problem. They got a table together.
 
“So how long have you been around here Johnny? I haven't seen you around before.”
 
“My family just moved here.”
 
“From?”
 
“Uh, from the southern part of Tokyo.”
 
“I see.” Kurama got a gold glint in his eye. Airiona could sense something was going on between the two men. She thought they were battling it out in their minds. She didn't like it.”
 
“Hey, let's dance Shuichi.” She pulled him with her out of the booth. It was a slow song so they just danced close. She whispered in his ear. “What's wrong?”
 
“Nothing.”
 
“Shuichi, I can tell there's something going on between you and Johnny. What's wrong?”
 
“I don't trust him, there's something that he's hiding.”
 
“Well, let's worry about it later. This is our first date, right? So let's not worry about those two. I don't like that look you get when you talk about him.” He was shocked. How was it she knew him so well so fast.
 
“Okay.” She got that burning in her neck again and winced. “Airi, what's wrong?”
 
“I don't know. My neck hurts.” She saw that Mord and Johnny were standing a bout 2 feet away from them.
 
“Do you want to get out of here?”
 
“Yeah.” He told the others that they were leaving and began to walk out of the club. She moved her hair along the side and he saw the mark on her neck.
 
“How about some ice cream?” She smiled.
 
“That sounds really good right now.” They went into the ice cream shop not too far from the club and got too big ice cream cones. “Mm, this is some really good ice cream. I've should come here more often.”
 
“Yeah. We should come again some time.” They walked in the park where everything was quiet. “Airi, I want to tell you something.”
 
“Okay, tell me.'
 
“Well, you have to promise you won't tell anyone, and you won't scream your head off when I tell you.”
 
“Hahaha. Okay, I promise, scouts honor.” She held up her three fingers to show that she promised.
 
“Okay. There is something about me that not many people know about me. It's something that has scared many people away from me. I am something more than just a mere human.” They stopped and she just looked at him with a worried look on her face. “I am...am...this shouldn't be so hard for me to tell you.”
 
“You're a...go ahead and tell me already. The suspense is killing me.” He smiled at her.
 
“I am a demon.” She began licking her ice cream again.
 
“Okay. Okay. Um, I think I can live with that. But, it's going to take some time getting used to. I mean, what is it like for you?”
 
“It's normal for me. This is my human form. I am not going to hurt anyone or go on a bloody rampage. I'm not evil as some may think.”
 
“Okay. So why are you like here? Shouldn't you be in another realm?”
 
“Well, that's a long story.”
 
“I've got the time. It's only 7:30.”
 
“Great...well, it starts like this.” He told her his story in great detail. About the events that lead to his death and his new life that he was completely happy with. At the end her eyes were glossed over with tears welling up in her eyes. “Don't cry Airiona.” He wiped the tears that rolled down her cheeks.
 
“Sorry, can't help it.” He held her in his arms.
 
“Come on, we need to get out of here.”
 
“This is a great date.”
 
“Ha, I'm glad you feel that way.”
 
“Yeah. Look, it's a full moon out tonight.”
 
“Yeah.”
 
“It's always so beautiful in the night. The stars, the moon, everything is perfect.”
 
“It is beautiful.” She looked at him.
 
“You didn't even look.”
 
“I don't have too.” He looked in her eyes and their lips drew closer. His hands on her face drawing her closer to him. And they shared their first kiss.
 
“You a really good kisser for a demon.”
 
“You're not so bad yourself.”
 
“Well that was my first time after all.”
 
“Wow. I think I am going to have to keep you.”
 
“No problem. Ouch.”
 
“What?”
 
“There's something bad coming. I can feel it.” He wondered why he couldn't sense him coming before.
 
“Let's get out of here.” They kept walking through the park and caught the bus. Kurama looked out the window and saw Johnny standing there looking straight at him. Kurama sneered and the bus drove off.