Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ In the Moment ❯ Chapter 7

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: Okay ppl, I am finally back. I am still trying to figure where this fic is going so bare with me and I really need to start proof reading. I have my computer back and I’m ready for action. Oh well, here goes nothing. Oh, I don’t own anyone except for Airiona and the Yamamoto family. Woohoo.


They had dropped Shuichi off at home the next morning so he could get ready for school. Aiko drove home and kept looking over at her daughter. “What is it mom?”

“It’s nothing, sweetheart. I was checking you over. Making sure your okay, honey.”

“I feel fine mom. Just a little dizzy.”

“That’s good. We’re finally home.”

“Why were we at Grandma’s anyway? That was just out of the blue.”

“She said she needed to handle some business with me in person. That’s all. You know you can tell me anything right Airi?”

“Yeah mom. I know.”

“Okay.” They got out the car and Airiona could tell that her mother was really tired. Aiko put on a smile as they entered the house.

“Okay honey, go ahead and get some rest. I’m going to be leaving in a few hours to go to the store. So take care of your brother while I’m gone.”

“Hey kiddo.” her father told her as he hugger her. “What’s wrong? You look a little sick.”

“She passed out yesterday. I need to talk to you, baby.”

“Okay.” Airiona walked to her room always wondering what they had to talk about in private. But, today, she was just too tired to care. She walked into her brother’s room and saw him standing up in his crib. He had a big grin on his face when he saw her.

“Hey, buddy. I don’t know why you choose to get up this early when you get to sleep in all day and watch cartoons all day.” She had always been very protective of her baby brother. She had prayed for so long that she would get a little brother or sister and finally those prayers had come true. She picked him up and rocked with him in the rocking chair in the corner of the room. In their parents’ room, they began having their own conversation.

“It’s happening, honey.”

“What do you mean?”

“You know exactly what I am talking about. The key, the protector. Well that’s Rei and Airiona.”

“I knew my life was just beginning to get a little more hectic. What are we going to do now?”

“Well, we sit and wait for something to happen. Are you ready for what’s going to happen?”

“I think so. We need to start training again.”

“That’s true. I’m going to keep her out of school so she can get some of her energy back. It took a lot out of her when she began the ‘process’”

“Yeah. Rei kept me up all night. He gets so upset when he doesn’t see Airi.”

“Well, he really loves her. And they are going to have to be really close for what they are about to face.”

“We need to get some sleep ourselves.”

“Finally.” As soon as their head touched the pillow, they were asleep. In the other room, Rei had fallen asleep in her arms and she put him back in the crib so that she could get some sleep in her own bed.


*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*- *-*-*-*-*
“Hey baby.” They kissed when they met up with each other.

“Mord, how you doing baby?”

“Tired. Me and Airiona are supposed to be going out tonight though.”

“I was hoping we could spend tonight together.”

“I know, but I promised her.”

“But, Mord, I wanted to...” He began to whisper naughty things in her ear.

“Johnny! Look, I’ll see what I can do. Don’t get your hopes up.”
“Okay baby.” Mordecai was quite into this new guy of hers. But, there was just something about him that was just not right. She couldn’t put her finger on it. He seemed to be too perfect. She let it pass as he walked her to class.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
The telephone rang and Airi picked it up. “Hey, girl. What’s up?”

“Are we still on for tonight?”

“Yeah. What is it?”

“It’s nothing. Johnny just wanted to do something with me tonight.”

“He is taking too much of my Mordecai time.”

“Sorry.”

“I tell you what; you, Johnny, Shuichi, and I can all hang out tonight. A double date kind of.”

“You and Shuichi are dating now?”, her friend said happily.

“I guess. He asked me out on a date yesterday.”

“I told you he was into you girl.”

“Yeah yeah. Let me call Shuichi and I’ll call you right back.”

“Okay.” She dialed Shuichi’s number and he picked up.

“Hello?”

“Hey Shuichi, this is Airi.”

“Hey, what’s up?”

“Well, I wanted to know if you wanted to go out with me tonight.”

“What time?”

“Around 6:30.”

“I think I can make it.”

“Okay. My friend and he boyfriend will be there. Is that a problem?”

“No, that’s fine.”

“Okay, meet me at my house at six?”

“Yeah, sounds good.”

“Okay. Great. See you then.”

“Bye.”

‘Bye.”