Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Insert You: My Dreamer...My Koishii... ❯ Never Reaching the Light... ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wow, everywhere I turn, I see CYOA'S and Insert You's all over the place. Now I think that that's what all you readers come to mediaminer for these days…*shrugs* I've got no problem though since most of them are very well written ^_^. Think of this as a review for everyone who writes fanfics. Apparently, most readers would review those self-insertion stories much more than other fanfic types. Just to let you know that everyone is a brilliant author/authoress no matter what type of fanfiction you're into writing *bows*.

AnimeAngel007: …Ya know…there has been a lot of these "Insert You" fics lately…Not like I've got a problem with it though…*heart eyes and sighs dreamily*

Yusuke: …*whispers* Is she feeling alright?

Kuwabara: …Urameshi…she's NEVER alright…

Yusuke: …well…I meant alright in her terms…

Kurama: …oh dear…

AnimeAngel007: I decided to make a self insertion fic with Kurama-san for all of you lovely readers out there! And also cuz I kinda wanna read it myself…*cough*

Hiei: …hn…

AnimeAngel007: Awww don't be like that Hiei-san, I'll write one with you in it too…

Hiei: …NANI?!?

AnimeAngel007 :*cuts in* I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho…so don't get a lawyer and sue me coz you'll most likely just get $2.38 outta me…ahem…read and review please! Constructive criticism is always appreciated! So is learning…CAUSE KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!!!

Hiei: *glares and starts unsheathing his katana* Give me one good reason…why I shouldn't slice off that mouth of yours onna…

AnimeAngel007: …Uhhh…Cause I rp you?

Hiei: …What the hell is a "rp"?

AnimeAngel007: …*turns to the reader* JUST READ ALREADY WHILE HE'S DISTRACTED!!!

Kurama: …*sigh* RPer violence…

______= Your name unless I fill something different in here…

~WHOOSH~= Thinking

"Blah…"= Talking…doy

/…./= Telepathy or whatnot…I'm not too sure yet…

(^_^)= A lovely author's note…or something else…I dunno

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

Insert You: My Dreamer…My Koishii…

Chapter One: Never Reaching the Light… ((OOC: …MAN THAT SOUNDED SO CORNY…*gets whacked by the impatient reader* x.x))

The sky was blue, the grass was green, and you were BORED out of your mind! You were lying on your bed listening to a Yu Yu Hakusho CD while staring out your window. The song "Eye to Eye" came up and you started to sway your head to the beat, mouthing out the words to yourself. It sucks doesn't it? Why couldn't life be more like an anime? It seems like it's MUCH more interesting in a cartoon than in real life, but hey, you couldn't exactly complain... That's just how life is. Right?

As soon as the song finished, you stood up and stretched tiredly. The watch on your hand beeped lightly as the silver numbers on the face started to flash 3:00, 3:00… "Great…" you sighed to yourself and put your cd player away. You were supposedly scheduled for some job offer to some unknown whacked out place around 3:30. Unfortunately, your family needed money, so you accepted the invitation for an interview from the company…place. You had no idea what this place did, or what exactly you would be doing there, but a job was a job and money is money. You grabbed your small knapsack that held your liscense, your money, and your other personal belongings inside and went out of your room. You scaled the stairs as fast as your legs could carry you.

"See ya, Mom," you said before you slammed the door accidentally on your way outside, causing your ___(hair color)___ hair to suddenly whoosh forward (OOC: WHOOSH!!! ^_^). You cringed your ears. Not because of the door, but your mother screaming at you to be more careful when closing doors… You sighed impatiently as you strode over to your car (OOC: Eh I don't care what kind of car you want…you're not exactly gonna need it here anyway…), got into the front seat, and turned on the ignition. Yes, you were sixteen turning on to seventeen. Plenty old enough to drive, and plenty old enough to get a part time job. You made your way down the street, your Yu Yu Hakusho Kurama keychain jingling from your bag next to you.

~Sigh…this sucks…Ever since my Dad died, my Mom and I have been in charge of everything…I don't think I'll be able to apply for a college because I don't have the tuition money…~ you thought to yourself. Things weren't turning out so good, and you wished sometimes that it would all end and you'd die. Fate wasn't too kind to you though.

You passed the next traffic light as a tall building suddenly came into view behind some trees. It was the place you were being interviewed at. Your eyes slightly widened at the size because you were expecting it to be some run-down grocery shop or something of the sort (OOC: Yes, I think I'm obsessed with grocery stores…*gets whacked again by the reader* OW!!! HEY!!! THIS IS MY FIC AND I HAVE A RIGHT TO MAKE WITTY COMMENTS WHENEVER I---o.0 OKAY…PUT THAT THING DOWN…SLOWLY…O_O I'LL SHUT UP!!! I'LL SHUT UP!!!). You parked your car and grabbed your knapsack before getting out. Your eyes kept gaping at the huge building before you, and then you hesitantly opened the door to the inside…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~

AnimeAngel007: WHOOO AUTHOR'S NOTE TIME!!!

Reader: o.0

AnimeAngel007: ^_^ I know I'm so eveal…

Kurama: …Um…that isn't how you spell---

AnimeAngel007: I know! But I like eveal better! It sounds like a luncheon meat!

Kurama: …;;;

Reader: o__o GET ON WITH THE STORY!!!

AnimeAngel007: o.0 ooh right…well…um…I'm kinda outta ideas…

Reader: *fangs and flames* WHAT?!?!?

AnimeAngel007: o.0 I'LL MAKE SOME UP!!! I'LL MAKE SOME UP!!!

Kurama: *sighs* Maybe this "Self Insertion" wasn't such a brilliant idea…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

You walked inside the building…It was completely empty…in fact it was deserted. Strange…you saw tons of cars parked outside. Curiously, you turned around. You stared disbelievingly at what you saw. The door you "supposedly" walked through wasn't there anymore, and the walls around it were corroded from years of not being treated. The cars weren't outside anymore, and your car was in the center of a huge abandoned field filled with weeds and all sorts of debris. "What the hell…is going on…?" you said silently to yourself. You turned around to face the rest of the interior of the building, which seemed like a huge never ending hallway. It was all dusty and filled with broken glass, pieces of torn down metal, and it seemed like pieces of paper were torn all over the place. But at the very end…was a bright light (OOC: OMG ARE YOU DEAD?!? …Isn't it strange that somehow the reader either dies or something in these stories? Or that I'm obsessed in asking if you're alive or not? …*stares at the metal bat the reader is holding* …Moving on…). "Right…" you said to yourself while still staring at the "light at the end of the tunnel", or in this case "hallway". Against your better instincts, you decided to go check it out…just…out of curiosity. Even though…if curiosity killed the cat, what exactly would it do to you?

Being very careful to not get glass or any thing else wedged up your foot, you guided yourself slowly through the deserted hallway. It seemed like every step was futile because each time you stepped forward, the light seemed to have moved backward as well. "Okay…now this is stupid weird…" you said, quoting Yusuke from an episode. You decided that it would be best to just head back. Turning around, you didn't find the doorway out…*BOOM*…instead you rammed yourself into a wall…that DEFINITELY wasn't there before. You landed on the floor, thankfully it wasn't covered in sharp pieces of building material. You stared in shock at the wall. Your heart started beating as though it was jammed into your ears. ~W-Where…did…this…wall come from? H-How do I get out?!~ you thought as you got back up and started banging the wall with your fists in a vain attempt to make it disappear and let you out. Your mouth screamed as loud as it could for help. Instead it just…echoed….echoed slowly into the hall way…

Your body slumped onto the ground…the thud again echoing against the walls of the small hallway (OOC: I hope you're not claustrophobic…). Your eyes burned with the saltiness of your tears as you turned again to the light that caused all of this trouble. You cursed your curiosity and you cursed at the light. But then…the light…came closer…

You blinked your eyes repeatedly over and over, making sure they weren't playing tricks on you. Deep down, you knew they were, that was how you got in this mess in the first place. This time though…they were true. The light filled room was right in front of you and the wall. You reached your hand forward against it and slowly ran your hand down against the strands of light that traced against your fingers. It seemed to show you…that you didn't have a choice. It was either the light…or you could just die in the spot you were in. Your heart once again raced as you leaned forward and disappeared into the blinding light……as soon as you did, the light vanished and everything became bare and dusty once again. But a lone voice echoed again throughout the halls…

"Heh…finally we could start the fun..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~

AnimeAngel007: WHOOO HOW IS THAT FOR A CLIFFIE?!? ^____^

Kurama: …Wow…again you have written with a lot of description…

AnimeAngel007: …o__o OH NO THE WORST HAS HAPPENED!!!

Yusuke: ….…Eh?

AnimeAngel007: I HAVE BECOME SMART!!!

*DUN DUN DUN*

Reiki Tantei: *facefaults*

AnimeAngel007: …*stares at Chen*

Chen: …WHAT?! PUSHING BUTTONS IS FUN!!!

Hiei: …Hn…

AnimeAngel007: Now let me give you all fair warning…If you do not review…I will leave you in the middle of that light thingy and not update!!! SO YOU WILL NEVER GET TO SEE KURAMA-KUN!!! MUWAHAHAHAHA!!! *thunder and lightning*

Chen: << was pushing random buttons again…

Kurama: *sighs* I don't think we should let her write Self-Insertions anymore…

Yusuke: …good idea…so we don't have to get paired up with readers like you're gonna be…

Kurama: …;;

Hiei: Hn…