Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ It was you all along ❯ Pretend? Lets meet the parents! ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“It Was You All Along”
 
Ch.13
Pretend? Lets meet the parents!
 
Layla sat down on the bench and stared at the ground. “…. I hope she doesn't cry.” Hoped Kurama as he sat next to her.
 
“Go ahead and laugh.”
 
“Huh?”
 
“I know you want to. Now is the perfect time to make fun of me.”
 
Kurama wanted so bad to put his arms around her and let her cry on his shoulder.”
 
“Naww…not in the mood tonight. Ill save it for some other time.”
 
Then she suddenly began to cry.
 
“Your not crying over that jerk are you?”
 
“Why do you care?”
 
“I…I don't. I just think you wasting your tears.”
 
Kurama felt his heart break as he saw her cry. He's not worth it.” He thought, but kept those words to himself. “Shed never cry for me.”
 
“No. I'm not crying over him.”
 
“Yeah right. Then why are you.”
 
Kurama felt a bubble of hope rise inside him. She let out a sigh. “My parents are coming home to visit me tomorrow and they want to meet my boyfriend.” Kurama looked at her.
 
“So…what are you gona do know that Mr. Wonderful is gone?”
 
“I don't know. I'm such a loser.”
Kurama let out a fake sigh. “Well …I can pretend that I'm your boyfriend.”
 
She looked at him is surprise and shock. “You'll help me? Maybe he's not so bad now, maybe he's matured. I guess he can be sweet sometimes.” Just looking into her ice blue eyes made him want to tell her all of his feelings, but he couldn't.
 
“Yeah its be nice to geek week. *Slap on forehead. Idiot*”
 
She stood up. “I don't need your help you conceded snob! Ill just ask Kyo!” Then she ran off. “Damn!” Kurama cursed himself. “Why did I have to say that?” he asked out loud.
 
!NEXT NIGHT!
 
~Ding~Dong~
 
“Mom, dad!” she hugged her parents and they greeted her to. “We've missed you so much.” Layla said happily “I missed you to.” Then Granpa came out and they all had tea while they talked. After a while the subject of the boyfriend came up. Her mother asked her. “So dear, where is the boy you have told us about?” She glanced at the clock. “Um..”
 
It was 7:30. “Kyos late, why isn't he here yet?” It seemed to be an answer because just then the front door bell rang. She jumped up and ran for the door. “Ill get it. It must be him.”
 
She opened the door. “I'm so glad you're here” but she was cut of by her eep. It wasn't Kyo, but the animal Kurama. He was holing flowers and he leaned in to hug her. “I missed you pumpkin!” he said really loud for everyone to hear. She blocked the door but he made it inside anyway.
 
“Hi Mr. and Mrs. Awayuki. And you to Granpa Awayuki. I've heard so much about you from Layla. I'm Kurama Minamino.
 
He shook hands with her parents. They nodded in approval. Then Grandpa just smiled. He knew what was going on. He didn't say anything because he always wished the two together, and it seemed he may get his wish after all.
 
“So you must be the boyfriend Layla always talks about.”
 
“I think so. Layla's the best thing that ever happened to me. I see where she gets her good qualities from.”
 
Layla rolled her eyes while she listed to his polite speech. “He must be the world's best liar!: But her parents seemed pleased. They like Kurama. But then her mother asked. “Do you know the boy who lives next door?” “Oh no!” Layla thought.
 
Kurama raised a brow. “Umm…kind of. Why?”
 
“Layla mentioned that boy too. She said he as an annoying pest, but we haven't gotten a chance to meet him yet. So I was wondering if you know him.”
 
“Annoying pest?….I let that on slide.” I do know him and he's not a pest. Its just that a long time ago…Layla wanted to date him but could not so she has a grudge against him.” Layla's opened her mouth in shock but quickly shut it. She needed Kuramas help so she couldn't say anything. Her mother asked. “Is that true Layla?.”
 
She grinded her teeth. “Yes it is mom.”
 
Kurama smiled. They sat down and talked. A few hours past and it was getting late and Kurama thought he'd head home.
 
“Well it was a pleasure meeting you Mr. and Mrs. Awayuki. Good night.”
 
“Ill walk him home” she said.
 
*^_^*Aw nothing like having your back against the wall huh? Well next time we see a nice sweet moment with the two and sparks fly.*^_^*