Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Jaganshi Babies ❯ Dinner Time ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Later, Kurama had Hiei and Zinnia sitting in th 2 high chairs he had bought with bibs tied around their necks. Kurama was fixing dinner for them. Yuske and Kuwabara had been very quiet lately since Kurama had knocked them out from when he had gotten angry earlier from the "girly-man" joke. Zinnia dropped her rattle on the floor. She tried to reach it, but since she was in a high chair she obviously couldnt. She looked over to Hiei who was making the stuffed dragon and teddy bear fight each other. He looked like he was having a lot of fun. Zinnia then looked over to Kurama who was watching the baby food heat up in the microwave. She wanted to get his attention.

"Girly-Man!"she shouted. Kurama sighed and turned around.

"Yes?"he said trying to control his anger for he was now stuck with this name even though it wasnt Zinnia's fault. Zinnia pointed to the rattle laying on the kitchen floor. He sighed and went to pick it up. He sat it on the table of the high chair and Zinnia smiled.

"Ar...i....ga...tou...........girly-man!" Kurama stared at the infant.

"Zinnia......my name is Kurama..........not girly-man....." Zinnia stared back at him.

"Not girly-man?"asked the demon pup. Kurama shook his head "no".

"Not girly-man but Kurama."he explained. "Can you say Kurama?"

" 'rama!"shouted the baby happily. Kurama smiled.

"Okay, thats close enough." a loud ding came from the microwave signally that the food was finished. "I'll be back you 2." he went back over to the the microwave. Zinnia happily shook her rattle while Kurama got the food out the microwave. She accidently knocked her bottle of apple juice onto the floor. She looked down at it. Her eyes started to water. She bursted in tears. Hiei looked up from his "plush battle game" to see why his sister was crying. He looked over to the bottle sitting on the table of his high chair. He picked it up and handed it to Zinnia. She stopped crying took it from him. She babbled something to him that probaly meant thank you in baby talk. She sucked some apple juice from the bottle and set it down on the table of her own highchair.

Yuske and Kuwabara came into the kitchen. Kurama looked over to them.

"I see you 2 have regained consciousness......." Yuske sniffed the air.

"What's that weird smell?"he asked. He sniffed the air again.

"It smells like hot vegetables...."stated Kuwabara. Kurama turned around with 2 bowls in his hands.

"Actually its mushed peas for Hiei and Zinnia."he walked over to the 2 babies and sat the bowls on their high chair tables.

"You're actually gonna make them eat that mess?!"asked Yuske looking at the green mush. Kurama took a spoon out of the drawer.

"Of course, Yuske. They're babies after all and they need baby food."he scooped up some of the green mush. He tried to feed some of it to Zinnia but she turned her head in disgust. "Come on, Zinnia, its good for you."

"Yeah, you'll get big and strong like me!"said Kuwabara flexing his muscles. He took the bottle off Zinnia's high chair table, ripped the nipple off and chugged it down.

"Mine!!!"yelled Zinnia. She bursted out in tears Kuwabara wiped the juice from his mouth with his sleeve.

"Whats wrong with her?"

"You took her juice you baka!" yelled Yuske. Kurama sighed. He set the spoon in the bowl.

"I'll go get her some more juice."he took the bottle from Kuwabara and went over to the refridgerator. Zinnia had stopped crying but was sniffling and a few tears still ran down her cheeks.

"My juice....."she whined. Kuwabara looked at her.

"Calm down, it was just juice!"

Zinnia sniffled. Hiei looked ticked. He noticed that Kurama had left the bowl of mushed peas on the high chair table. He began babbling to Zinnia. She turned to him and babbled back. He pointed to the bowl. It was obvious that he wanted it. She wiped her tears and slowly handed him the bowl. He took it from her.

Kuwabara sat in a chair at the table. "So Kurama, whats for dinner?" he asked.

"I dont know about you 2 but Hiei and Zinnia are having baby food and I am having noodles with alfredo sauce."he said pouring apple juice into the bottle.

"Then what are we gonna eat?!"shouted Kuwabara. Suddenly, he felt something splat against the back of his head. "What the?!"he felt the back of his head. He felt something icky and slimey. He looked at his hand, it was covered in some nasty green substance. The mushed peas. He looked over to the 2 babies. The bowl sat on the table of Hiei's highchair and Hiei's hand was covered in the green yuckiness. Yuske bursted out laughing. "You think thats funny, Urameshi?!"he scooped some of the green mush out of the bowl and threw it at him. The mush splatted in Yuske's face.

"I'll show you!"screamed Yuske angrily. He scraped the mush off his face and threw it at Kuwabara. He ducked and the mush hit Zinnia in the face. She bursted out in tears. Hiei angrily threw some of the mush at Yuske. At the sound of Zinnia's crying Kurama spun around to see what was going on. He gasped.