Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Jaganshi Babies ❯ A Demon and His Dog ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Karasu sat udner the tree in the deep forest with the box with handles on it next to him. The box rumbled and jumped. He quickly opened it and puppy Zinnia jumped out. She looked around at her surroundings. She began to sniff around. Karasu watched as his new puppy inspected the area. Unfortunately, he was stuck here in the human world until he found a portal leading back to the Makai. He thought of a name to give his new companion. He stared at her reddish-brown fur. It came to him. "Dynamite....come here, girl...."he called. Zinnia not knowing her new name didnt respond. A red fox walked by. Zinnia looked up. She then remembered Kurama. She started to run off to find him. She stopped. Suddenly, she had a flashback of Kurama yelling at her. She sniffled. "Come here, Dynamite....."called Karasu again. She looked back at him. She slowly approached him occasionally looking back. She stopped in front of him and sat down. Karasu lifted up the puppy and sat her on his lap. She stared at him. He stroked her head. He looked over to the shopping bag next to him. He pulled out a rubber ball. He squeezed it and the toy released a loud, high pitch squeak. Zinnia instantly jumped up and waited. "Fetch....."he threw the ball. It bounced deeper into the forest. She instantly ran after it. She disappeared in the distance. Karasu slowly got up and followed. The ball rolled into a dark cave. Without hesitation the puppy ran inside. Instantly she ran out yelping. A large furry limb reached out and pulled the crying puppy back into its lair by the tail. There was a large roar. Karasu emerged and saw this. Zinnia disappeared in the darkness of the cave whimpering. Karasu calmly entered the cave. "Release her!"there was loud crashes and screams of pain. After a few seconds Karasu exited the cave unharmed carry puppy Zinnia who was unharmed as well. The puppy was holding the rubber ball in her mouth. It looked like Karasu was gonna have to teach her to stay out of bear caves.


Back at Kurama's house. The red head sat on the couch crying over Zinnia's disappearance.

"So Zinnia ran away?"asked Yuske confused. Kurama sniffled then nodded.

"Yes.....and she's so little...something could happen to her."whined the red head.

"Dont worry, Kurama. In a few days she'll turn back to normal and wont be a baby anymore."explain Kuwabara.

"Yeah, then you wont have to worry!"said Yuske grinning. Kurama shook his head.

"No....I'd be worried about her even if she was at her regular age. She's so important to me..." Now that they heard this Yuske and Kuwabara started ooohing. "Not like that!"shouted the red head. He wiped the tears from his eyes with a tissue.

"shhh!"said Jin who was sitting in front of the tv watching digimon. Hiei sat in the window sill hoping his baby sister would return. There was a tear in his eye.

"Zinn'a........."said the baby quietly.

"Hiei's taking it hard....."said Kurama. He blew his nose on a tissue.

"Shh!"said the red haired wind demon again. He turned back to the tv.

"Well, why did she run away?"asked Kuwabara. Kurama looked down.

"I.......yelled at her..." Yuske and Kuwabara now had a look on their faces like this O.O "what is wrong?"asked the fox demon.

"You never yell at Zinnia!"screamed Yuske totally suprised. Kurama wiped another tear from his eye.

"I know......I know......but...she attacked a small child. And I cannot let her do such a thing."

"Kurama, Zinnia isnt a bad doggie!"screamed Kuwabara.

"Yeah, she must of had a reason."said Yuske. "What did the kid look like?"he asked. Kurama thought about it.

"A small boy....he looked no older than 3. He has blue eyes, short brown hair....hm...and I think he has a wet lollypop stuck to his shirt." Yuske thought for a sec. His eyes widened.

"I know that kid!"started the spirit detective. "He lives on my street. He abuses animals." Kurama blinked.

"He abuses animals?"asked the red head.

"Yeah, he stomps on them, kicks them, throws rocks at them, hits them with stuff like sticks....stuff like that...."he explained.

"How terrible!"said Kurama totally suprised. "That means......it wasnt Zinnia's fault!" A flying rattle hit his head. He looked over to the direction it was thrown from.

"SSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!"screamed baby Jin loud as ever who was still trying to watch tv.


Back in the forest. Puppy Zinnia panted as Karasu rubbed her belly. "Who's the precious puppy?"teased Karasu. Her tail wagged rapidly in delight. "Who's the precious puppy?"teased the demon again. The puppy rolled back over and licked Karasu's face. Well....as much of it as she could for he was wearing that silver mask over his mouth.


"Bingo...."said Ban watching Karasu playing with Zinnia from behind the bushes. Genji emerged from behind a tree. He looked down. He zipped up his fly. He came over to Ban who was still spying on them.

"Oh you found her!"screamed Genji happily. Ban pulled the blonde down to the ground.

"Get down and shut up!"he screamed. Ban handed his friend the picture of Zinnia Kurama had shown them earlier.

"Yep, thats her alright."whispered Genji. "So let's go get her."he began to stand up but Ban pulled him back down.

"Um....let's not..."started Ban.

"B-b-but why?"asked Genji. Ban pointed over to Karasu.

"Look at what if sitting next to them."he whispered. Genji looked. He twitched. Sitting next to Karasu......was a purse. "Let's go tell our client about this...."he got up and began to walked away. "He can handle this better." Genji looked at confused.

"How can he handle it better....?"asked Genji.

"ARE YOU BLIND?! THIS FREAK HAS A PURSE AND OUR MALE CLIENT LOOKS LIKE A GIRL!" he screamed. (hey.....Kurama-kun ish not gay!)As Ban walked away Genji looked back at Karasu and Zinnia. She was licking the demon's face.

"Ban...maybe we shouldnt..."said the blonde. Ban spun around.

"what? why not?"he asked.

"look at them..."he said pointing over to the owner and "his" puppy. Ban looked. Now Karasu was feeding her doggy treats. "They look so happy together....." Now Ban had to set him straight.

"Look Genji, if our recovery is a failure than we dont get our money! Then we're gonna be back on welfare!" He grabbed his blonde friend and dragged him away.