Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Just a guardian...or not? ❯ Hidden Love ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6- Hidden Love

 

Nice work guys. It's not bad, but it could have looked better." Genkai said patting the head of Yusuke who was bent down breathing heavily. "Let's go inside. Dinner is ready."

 

Everyone started going inside Genkai's house/temple. You started in too, but then you felt Genkai tug on your sleeve.

 

"____, wait here."

 

"Yes?" You asked.

 

"Since, I'm expecting, you haven't discovered many of your powers yet, I want to give you one right now. It might come handy in the future." Genkai explained. "Hold still."

 

Genkai placed two of her fingers firmly on your head and closed your eyes. Your head started to glow, and you felt a jolt on your forehead. Genkai released her fingers from your head and opened her eyes.

 

"There, you have the ability to read people's minds. You can do it anytime and anyplace. Just make sure you don't abuse it." Genkai said. You nodded.

 

You both walked inside the house, and suddenly you smelled that heavenly scent of food. Everyone was already munching on dinner. You pulled out a seat and started grabbing some food yourself. As you sat down, you eyed Hiei across from you. You decided to play a little trick on him…

 

And you called me a pig?

 

Hiei stopped abruptly and stared straight at you.

 

Genkai gave you this power, didn't she? With this I can truly torture you.

 

Heh. Try me.

 

You looked at Hiei across the table and smiled.

 

I know a song that gets on everyobdy's nervers, everybody's nerves. I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves, and this is how it goes…

 

Hiei looked at you. He had a vicious glare on his face.

 

You stop this now! You're just frustrating me.

 

Fine….I KNOW A SONG THAT GETS ON EVERYBODY'S NERVES, EVERYBODY'S NERVES!

 

Suddenly, Hiei sprung up causing his chair to fall backwards. He pointed a straight finger at you as you innocently slurped on your soup.

 

"THAT'S IT!" Hiei yelled. "You are the most ANNOYING woman I have ever met! I can't stand you, you little bitch! I'm done eating, I can't deal with her any longer!"

 

Hiei then walked outside into the night. Everyone stared at you as you continued to act like nothing happened. You finally returned everyone's gaze.

 

"What?" You said with a mouth full of soup.

 

"I knew this sort of thing would happen, but not so soon." Genkai said shaking her head.

 

Everyone sighed.

 

 

That Night…

 

As you stepped in your room, you noticed Hiei wasn't there, in the usual corner. You looked around the temple poking your head in each room. Then you remembered him going outside after dinner. You lightly walked out the temple trying not to make a sound. You spotted Hiei leaning on the wall, his arms crossed. You started walking closer, when you heard a sqeek from the floor. Hiei's head quickly turned to face you as you turned pink in the cheeks.

 

"What are you doing here." Hiei said looking back to the direction of the sky.

 

"Aren't you supposed to be protecting me?" You said.

 

"It's not like anyone is going to kidnap you. The ruby is gone, you can go to sleep."

 

You were silent and the both of you stared at the moon.

 

"Hiei…" You said softly.

 

He turned to look at you, and you lifted up your head to meet his eye.

 

"What do you want from me, ____? Do you just enjoy torturing me?" Hiei said.

 

You turned your head away and stared at the ground. You felt Hiei's eyes still looking at you. You wanted to disappear. It was a bad idea to go and find him. You then heard a sigh, and saw Hiei sitting on the steps of the temple. You start walking towards him and sat down next to him.

 

"Hiei…why are you doing this to me." You said.

 

Hiei glanced at you wide-eyed. He didn't respond so you continued.

 

"I thought…that that very first kiss meant something. I thought there was a different side of you Hiei. I thought you weren't always like this…this conceited demon." You said.

 

Hiei turned his head and stared at the moon. The light reflected off his eyes. He was so handsome when he was calm. It was the first he was at a loss of words for a long period of time. Beads of tears started rolling down your cheeks. He shot you a nasty glare.

 

Why are you always thinking about that?! That kiss meant nothing to me, okay? Absolutely NOTHING. It was all just another game. To me, you're just another baka demon. I don't even know why there even was something. How could you be so naïve."

 

You couldn't believe your ears. He really didn't love me. You shook the idea out of your head and stood up abruptly.

 

"You know what? I don't know what I was thinking. How could I, I mean ANYBODY love a heartless demon like you? You have never loved anyone in your life, haven't you? I'm sorry if I disturbed you because I wasted my time. How could I think that kiss meant something. I'm done with this game, and I'm done with you. Good night." You yelled as you ran inside the temple up to your room.

 

**Hiei's POV**

 

Hiei stared as the young demon ran inside tears in her eyes. He was still shocked by what he heard. He shook his head and stared up at the moon. Hiei…how could you mess up again. That night, Hiei couldn't take his mind off of _____. I don't care. I don't want to get into any situation with anyone. Atleast when you're alone…you won't get hurt. Hiei started walking into the temple wiping a tear away from his cheek.

 

 

**regular POV**

 

You sat on your bed cross-legged crying into your hands.

 

"How could I be so stupid? How come I believed that there was actually something between us?" You sighed and wiped the remaining tears from your eyes.

 

Because I love him.

 

I know I know…..such a short frickin chapter. But hey…I'm a busy girl…arrgh, I want to apologize to the ppl who await my entries…I haven't cont. this story in a long time…but I thnk now I will. So stay tuned 4 CHAPTER 7! lol