Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Just The 2 Of Us ❯ The Heist ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]












Over at Kazuma's house everyone was just hanging out. "Where's Zinnia and Shorty at?!"yelled Kazuma. "We all agreed to play video games and watch movies today!!". He plopped down in a chair. Yuske and Yoko were playing Super Smash Bros. Melee on the gamecube and Kurama was reading a book with Kazuma's kitten in his lap. He sat the book down after hearing Kazuma's big out burst. He smiled.

"Kuwabara, you should be happy for them. A long lost brother and sister have found each other. I've NEVER seen Hiei so happy before." he said petting the small kitten. It purred in delight.

"I win again."said Yoko as he said as Pikachu was announced the winner. Yuske's mouth dropped open.

"I lost to a yellow rat! How could a rat defeat Mario?!"he turned to Yoko. "I want a rematch!" Yoko chuckled.

"Okay but keep in mind if I win again that'll make 27 wins for me and 0 for you."said Yoko selecting Pikachu again. Yuske once again selected Mario. After about 10 mins Yoko finally said "I win again." Yuske's mouth dropped open......again. Kurama and Kazuma laughed.




Over at the back of the ice cream shop were Hiei and Zinnia. Hiei tried to open the back door. "Locked!"he said sounding a bit ticked off. He drew his katana getting ready to break the door down. Zinnia stopped him.

"Let me take care of it, big bro."she said examining the door knob. "This is gonna be easy." she stuck one of her sharp claws into the key hole and when they heard the locks tumble they knew the door had been unlocked. Hiei smirked and sheathed his katana.

"Zinnia, you never cease to amaze me."he said walking inside. She followed. The back room was a large freezer. They both shivered a bit from the sudden cold temperature. All around them were shelves and on them were many buckets of of ice cream. There were also toppings such as syrup, chocolate chips, sprinkles, gummy bears and much, much more. There were all kinds of sweets as far as the eye can see. Hiei and Zinnia just stood there staring in awe. They both had a fountain of drool exiting their mouths. Hiei wiped his mouth with his sleeve. "How much time do we have left, Zinnia?"he asked reaching for a bucket of ice cream on a higher up shelf. She looked at her watch.

"We have 10 minutes."she said taking a bucket of ice cream off a lower shelf.

"Thats more than enough time". He was still trying to reach that same bucket of ice cream. He turned to her. "Zinnia, help me, I cant reach it!" he said still trying to get the ice cream. Zinnia walked over to the shelf and tried to reach it. She couldnt get it either.

"Im sorry Hiei, I cant reach it. If Jin was here it'd be much easier. Make sure you dont touch the shelves cause the alarm might go off." she said cautiously taking a bucket of ice cream off one of the lower shelves. Hiei nodded. They both spent about 7 mins taking buckets of ice creams and many delcious toppings. Zinnia looked down at her watch.

"Hurry, Hiei we only have 3 minutes left!"she said loading all the goods onto a red wagon they had brought with them. She tied a rope the handle of the wagon and the other end to her collar. Hiei looked up at the buckets of ice cream on the highest shelf which he could not reach. He was determined to get them. Hiei began to climb the shelves. Zinnia gasped. "Hiei, dont!!!"she yelled! Suddenly a red siren came on in the room. It flashed very quickly making a loud buzzing noise. Hiei had tripped the alarm system. Hiei quickly grabbed a bucket of ice cream, jumped down and loaded them onto the wagon. He ran back, climbed up again, grabbed another, jumped down again, and loaded it onto the wagon. The siren was still flashing and the loud annoying buzzing noise continued. He repeated this a couple more times. Zinnia turned into her wolf form and began running pulling the wagon along with her. Hiei ran close behind. Hiei was a bit faster than Zinnia ecspecially with the load she was pulling.






Back at Kazuma's house the other's had gotten bored. Yoko had thought of something "Maybe Jin knows where they are."he said pulling out the compact communicator. The screen was static until Touya's face appeared.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Touya, how are you?"

"Hey Yoko, Im okay. Thanks."

"Your Welcome. Is Jin there?"

"Yes he's here. Hold on". Touya set the compact down to go get his Irish accent speaking friend. All the gang could see through the compact were trees. They must of been training in the forest or something. They couldnt see much but they could hear a lot!

"Jin! Jin! Yoko is on the compact! Jin? Jin! What did I tell you about candy?!"they could hear Touya's yelling.

"Aww...lighten up, Touya!"Jin yelled back.

"Give me that candy, Jin!"

"No, its mine!"

"Give it here!!"

"No! It's mine!! Stop that! Give it back! Stop!!!"

"I told you! Demons cant have all that sugar!!"

"No! Touya, dont do it!!" They next thing the gang heard was a splash.

"There, no more candy!"

"Waahh!!! You threw it all in the lake!!!"

"Oh stop being a baby and answer the compact!" Yuske and Kazuma had bursted out laughing after hearing Jin and Touya's confrontation. They now heard foot steps which let them know that Jin was coming. His face now emerged on compact.

"Hi Yoko!"he said sounding like his usual cheerful self.

"Um...hi Jin, have you seen Hiei or Zinnia anywhere?"he asked. "We thought they might have been with you eating candy or something."

"Ahh.....no....last time I saw 'em was 2 days ago a' Urameshi's house, but if I see 'em I'll tell them ya lookin for 'em, kay?

"Okay, thank you, Jin. Goodbye."

"See ya."

Yoko closed the compact and set it on the table. The group sighed. They all sat down and started to think of a way to find their missing friends. Yoko sat in the arm chair brainstorming and occasionally adjusting his glasses and his wings twitched a bit in fustration. Kazuma sat on the couch cooing over his kitten. The kitten purred and meowed in delight. Yuske stood looking out the window seeing if their lost friends would just come and find them. Cars drove by and kids riding on their bikes but there was no sign of the Jaganshi siblings. Yuske sighed. Kurama was pacing back and forth thinking of a way to track down Hiei and Zinnia. He began to pace faster for he was getting worried. After a few minutes Kurama finally yelled, "I got it!".

Kazuma jumped up. "What do you got?! I want some!!"yelled Kazuma stupidly.

"No,no,no, I got an idea for finding Hiei and Zinnia."

The frames of Yoko's glasses shined against the light. "What is your plan?"he asked. He adjusted his glasses once again.

"We can call them with the demon whistle!"

"Good idea, but we'll have to contact Bota-" Before the spirit best could finish the compact he had set on the table began to ring. They all looked at each other wondering who it could be. Yuske walked over the table and quickly answered the compact communicator. It was Botan.

"Yuske, Koenma wants to see all of you immediately."she said.

"What for?"asked Yuske with a bit of disappointment in his voice for it wasnt Hiei nor Zinnia calling on the compact.

"I dont know, just find the nearest portal to the spirit world. Hurry!"With that she hung up.

"Who was it, Yuske?"asked Kurama with a serious look on his face. Yuske closed the compact and shoved it into his pocket.

"That was Botan......Koenma wants to see us...."





Back at the Holidae Day Inn Hiei and Zinnia had just made it back to the hotel room. Hiei quickly closed the door and locked it. Zinnia changed back to her normal form. Once they were pretty sure the police weren't chasing them they finally began to relax. They were both sitting on the ground panting. Next to them sat the red wagon loaded with all the goodies they had stolen. Hiei untied the rope from Zinnia's collar for her. She smiled and managed to get a "thank you" between pants. She then wobbled to her feet. "Hiei, we could have gotten caught!"she yelled. "I love ice cream as much as the next demon but what flavor was so important that you had to put us at risk with?!"she said putting her hands on her hips. Hiei slowly picked up the few buckets of ice cream he was so determined to get and set them in front of Zinnia. She looked down at them for a second or 2 then looked back up at the fire demon.

"Open them."he said taking 2 large ice cream scoopers out the wagon. Zinnia sat on the ground next to the buckets and opened them one by one. She looked inside each bucket and gasped.


"Strawberry, mint chocolate chip, caramel swirl, and peanut butter." She hugged Hiei. "Thank you, Hiei! These are all my favorite flavors! You're the greatest brother anyone could ever ask for!". Hiei said nothing but just hugged her back.