Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Just The 2 Of Us ❯ A New Mission ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Back in Koenma's office Yuske and the gang had just arrived. Koenma sighed for he new his announcement would tick off the group of spirit detectives. Koenma cleared his throat. "As you all know, I have given you all a 2 month vacation.............". The group nodded. "Well......you see I have a case for you to investigate.........a class A fighting dragon demon has gotten into the Ningenkai. Research has shown that his name is Kai. We dont know what he wants but he's definately evil and angry for some reason. You must find him before he kills innocent people."

"I knew it, I knew it, I knew it!"yelled Yuske. Everyone's attention was now on him from his big out burst. "I knew a vacation was too good to be true!!" Koenma quickly stamped a stickered on Yuske mouth that reads "Dont open till X-mas".

"Now, you must locate Hiei and Zinnia immediately for we'll need every one we can get." Kazuma scratched his head.

"Um.........about that.....we cant find them......cant we just get Jin and Touya instead it'll be easier to find them?"asked Kazuma. The rest of the gang nodded in agreement, but Koenma shook his head "no". Kazma's mouth dropped open. "What?! Why not?!"

"Because I've already sent them on a case." The gang sighed.





The Jaganshi siblings were now walking down the sidewalk together wondering what to do together. The beautiful sunlight shined on them causing them to sweat. It felt like it was at least 100 degrees outside! There were lots of cars out on the street for it was rush hour right now. Pigeons pecked on the ground searching for food. They flew away once Hiei and Zinnia walked to close. People also on the sidewalk stared at them as they walked by for they had never seen a girl with a long, bushy tail before. Her red bandana covered up her wolf ears. Hiei gave each of them a death glare and they immediately turned their heads and began to mind their own business. Zinnia really didnt care and paid them no mind. She spoke.

"So, what would you like to do?"she asked looking at all the stores around them. Hiei looked around him. He really wasnt familar with many human activities so he really couldnt choose anything. He looked at the ground and remained silent for a few seconds. Then finally he raised his head and answered her question. He gave her one of his very rare smiles. The kind of smile he'd only give to her or Yukina.

"Whatever you wanna do." Zinnia smiled. She thought for a second. The sudden happy expression on her face made Hiei instantly know that she had come up with something. He waited for her to speak.

"We can go to the night club!"she said looking at her older brother. She stared at him waiting for his response. "You do know what a night club is, dont you, Hiei?". He nodded.

"Yes, I do."he said. "We have those in the Makai as well."he stated.

"Thats great! It's 5:45pm and the night club opens at 8 O'clock."she said looking at her watch. "We have 2 hours and 15 minutes."

"What do we do until then?"he asked. Zinnia thought for a while. She looked him up and down. She frowned.

"We need to get you some new clothes."she said looking at the shop across the street. Hiei frowned.

"What's wrong with my cloak?"he asked looking down at the black cloak he wore everyday.

"Well.....in the human world when you go to a night club you dress fancy."she started. "There's a store across the street we can go to. Koenma just paid me yesterday and all this money is burning holes in my pockets! Let's go!!"she said grabbing her brother by the arm and running into the store across the street.