Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Just The 2 Of Us ❯ The Fight and To Mt. Hiei ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]





"You've just made a big mistake, ookami."said Scales coldly. They charged at each other. Zinnia dodged Scales claws and got pinned to the wall by Cliff. His grip was tightening on her neck. He was cutting off her air supply. Her hands grasped onto his arm trying to pull her free. But he was too strong.

"That was easy!"said Cliff.

"Listen up, wolf demon."started Scales. "Kai......he is the older brother of Volaina. He wants you.....and your fire brother dead....."Zinnia's eyes widened.

"V-volaina?"she asked in a strangled voice. She was starting to feel light headed."But....why...."she coughed. "why....kill...Hiei?".

"He killed Seiryuu.........Volaina's lover....". Zinnia couldnt let them kill Hiei. She loved him. Finnaly, she kneed Cliff in the balls. Instantly, he fell knees. Zinnia was now breathing heavily.

"Air!"she screamed relieved. She looked down at Cliff who was now lying on the ground in pain with his hands over his crotch. She kicked his side sending him flying into the wall. This was followed by Scales's fist connected with Zinnia's stomach. She eyes began to glow red. She pounced on him and clamped her fangs down his neck. It seems that that attack brought the beast out in her. He thrusted his claws through her chest and threw her off him. Zinnia crashed into the wall and fell next to Cliff who had little stars floating around his head. Zinnia slowly stood up and wiped the blood from her face with her arm. Scales flew towards her. Zinnia braced herself and waited for his attack. Once he was a couple feet away from her and spun around and his scaley tail whipped at her. She jumped back missing it and grabbed on...................with her teeth.

"Let go you mutt!"he said whipping his tail in all directions. She clamped down harder. He began to ascend higher into the air but Zinnia still stayed clamped on. He became enraged. He whipped his tail into the wall smashing the wolf demon. But she still stayed attached. Scales flew down the hallway picking up speed once he got to the end he whipped his tail once again into the wall smashing Zinnia but much harder. There was a muffled whimper heard from her. He felt her grip on his tail loosen a bit. He decided that one more smash would finish her off. He flew down the hall again picking up more and more speed.

"I only have 1 shot."thought Zinnia.

"This is it."thought Scales picking up even more speed. "It's time for you to die, ookami!"shouted Scales.

"I dont think so!"screamed Zinnia's voice muffled. Suprised he looked back and to see Zinnia hold her rose blade. His eyes widened as her golden sword thrusted through his back and bursted out his stomach. She took her grip off his tail and landed on her butt rather than her feet. After all, she's not a cat. Scales fell on his face with the sword still in him. He moaned in pain.

"You....stupid...wolf...."moaned Scales. Zinnia laughed.

"Stupid wolf? I've heard better insults from Kurama. And he's the nicest guy I know! Anyway, I figured that if I was gonna get a direct hit I'd have to get close to you....."started Zinnia.

"S-so........you grabbed onto my tail...."finished Scales looking up at her.

"Bingo!" she said happily. "Uh oh....Im starting to sound like Botan!"she screamed.

"Zinnia, help!"screamed a voice. Zinnia gasped.

"That sounds like Yukina!"she ran outside the temple to see Kai flying away carrying away the poor ice demon. She tried to run after them. The dragon demon disappeared into the distance. Her eyes filled up with tears. "Yukina........no....." she turned back to the temple and ran inside. She ran over to Scales who was laying motionless on the floor. She picked him up back the collar of his shirt. She lifted the tall dragon demon up so she and him came face to face. "Now, listen up, dragon."said Zinnia seriously which was even strange for her. Zinnia? Serious? Her eyes began to glow red. "Where is that guy taking her? That's my sister!"she asked. Scales coughed up blood.

"Y-your sister?"he asked. "But you're bla.."Zinnia pulled Scales face closer to hers. Her eyes began to glow an even deeper red color.

"What did I say I said?!"she calmly. Scales gulped.

"You said that she's your sister."he said meekly. Zinnia nodded.

"Correct."she confirmed. "Now where is that other dragon demon taking Yukina?!"she asked.

"He-he's taking her to Mt. Hiei as bait for you and your brother and then after he's killed you both will throw her off the highest point."Zinnia's eyes widened. She was so shocked.

"What?! Are you serious?!"she screamed with a suprised look on her face. Scales nodded.

"Whoa! No way! I cant believe there's a mountain with the same name as my big brother!"she said. Scales sweatdropped. She dropped him onto the floor. "Well Im gonna go save her! Because.....I am Zinnia the Mighty Ookami!"she said in a heroic pose proudly. She started to leave Genkai's destroyed temple. She stopped. She turned around and walked back over to Scales. "Oh yeah, and one more thing..."she started. She pulled her rose bla out of the dragon demon. "Get off of my sword!"she screamed. She then ran off to Mt Hiei. She had to hurry.


Back with the guys. "Where do you think this Kai guy is at?"asked Kuwabara as they all ran through town. Yuske, Kuwabara, Kurama, and Hiei were searching by ground but Yoko Zinnia's spirit beast was searching by air. He soared through the air like a beautiful bird.

"You see anything, Yoko?!"screamed Yuske up at the flying spirit beast. Yoko adjusted his thin glasses and he searched. No dragon demons. He looked back down at Yuske.

"No, no dragon demons, Yuske!"screamed the spirit beast down to the 4 boys. Kurama's brain hatched an idea.

"I have an idea."he said. Everyone looked ad him. Yoko flew down to the ground and gracefully landed on his feet.

"What is it?"asked Hiei. Kurama looked around to see if anyone was watching. Once he saw that it was totally safe he pulled out a potion.

"We can use Yoko to sniff out the dragon demons' scent"said the red head happily. Yuske and Kuwabara sweat dropped.

"Are you sure it's safe to do that? I mean let Yoko out like that?"asked Kuwabara. Kurama smiled.

"Just tell him that Zinnia needs our help. He'll help."he then chugged down a large portion of the potion. At first nothing happened. Suddenly Kurama's eyes turned all white and then blue smoke in the form of a cyclone engulfed him. Then the cry of the fox was heard. Everyone watched in awe. When the smoke cleared there stood the 7ft fox demon known as Yoko Kurama. Yuske and Kuwabara hid behind Yoko the spirit beast in fear of the kitsune.

"Y-yoko......Z-zinnia needs our help to destroy a dr-dragon demon."said Kuwabara frightened. Yoko Kurama(when I say Yoko Kurama I mean the fox demon but if I say just Yoko then I mean the spirit beast) looked at the two spirit detectives cowaring behind the spirit beast.

"Is that so...?"was all he said. He looked up at the sky. "I can smell it's scent as we speak..........to the west..". He headed off into the west area. Everyone followed. Yoko ascended back into the sky to search by air.


Zinnia tiredly approached the large mass of rock known as Mt. Hiei. She sat down and panted and tried to reserve some of her energy. The hot sun beat down on her body. " I wonder where everyone else is at...."she thought to herself. "This is great, Im by myself, my sister's been demon-napped, I've lost a my energy from all that walking, this couldnt get any worse."she said aloud.


"You've finally arrived, wolf demon....."said a voice. She looked up to she the dragon demon known as Kai up in the air still holding Yukina. But...Yukina was unconscious. He must of knocked her out. Zinnia isntantly jumped up. She began to growl at the winged reptile.

"Give me back my sister! It's me you want! Not her!"she got into a fighting stance. Kai descended to the ground. He threw the poor ice demon aside. He to got into a fighting stance.

"You'll regret ever killing my baby sister. After I kill you your brother will go through the suffering and pain of losing his sister like I did......you do remember dont you?" Zinnia smiled.

"How could I forget?"



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~FlashBack(from A Wolf In Human's Clothing)~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zinnia took her rose out of her hair and summoned the rose blade. Zinnia charged at Volaina and thrusted to sword into her stomach but Volaina dodged and whipped her with her powerful tail. Zinnia's eyes glowed red. She swung her sword at Volaina repeatedly but she dodged each one. Volaina shot a fire ball at Zinnia but she dodged. Zinnia punched her in the face! Volaina snarled, wiped the blood off her face with the back of her hand then slashed Zinnia in the face leaving large claw marks. Zinnia sliced one of Volaina's wings off with the rose blade.
"My wing!" cried Volaina. Volaina charged at Zinnia head first and her horn went through her stomach and out her back!. Zinnia screamed in pain! Volaina slowly pulled her head away. Blood poured out of the hole in Zinnia's stomach. She fell onto her knees.
" I....cant..give up"she said trying to get back up. Volaina walked backwards and was getting ready for a charge to finish Zinnia off! She charged head first at her so fast that she was a blurr. Zinnia lifted her sword up to block her attack but the horns knocked the sword out of her hands and onto the lawn where the others were watching. The sword landed in front of Yuske's feet.
"Oh no! Shes lost her sword! How can she possibly win now?!".yelled Yuske.
Volaina laughed evilly. "Now that you dont have your weapon you're too weak to defend yourself!" said Volaina. She laughed evilly as a final fire ball form inside her mouth to finish Zinnia off. Zinnia was waiting for the attack to kill her but then she had gotten an idea but she was reluctant to try it.
"I wonder....."she whispered to herself. She slowly stood up and held her arm straight out. Volaina's fire ball was ready and it fired!
"Wolf of moonlit flames!!"yelled Zinnia. A silverish blue wolf spirit flew out of Zinnia's hand and to Volaina. The fire ball disappeared in the attack. Volaina screamed bloody murder. She decinigrated and all that was left was a pile of smoking ashes!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Back to the Present~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You shall die wolf demon....and your brother too."he looked down at the unconscious Yukina. "And your sister as well."


Converting /tmp/phpEcoMJz to /dev/stdout