Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Kesu ❯ Chapter Fifteen ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Kesu

A Yu Yu Hakusho/Eraser crossover

By Rose Thorne

Disclaimer: I mean no infringements on any copyrights that anyone owns on any of these characters. Please do not take this as such. The movie Eraser belongs to Warner Brothers, Arnold Kopelson, Charles Russell, and whoever else worked so diligently on this masterpiece. Yu Yu Hakusho belongs to Yoshihiro Tomogashi, Studio Perriot, and whoever else helped in the production of the manga Yu Yu Hakusho, and the television series and movies that were based on the manga. I'm not getting any money by writing this, so please don't sue me. I am merely writing this to entertain the fans of Eraser and Yu Yu Hakusho.

Authors note: If anyone has any questions/comments about this story, please e-mail me at: Rose_Thorne@yyhmail.com

"Viva forever, I'll be waiting
Everlasting, like the sun
Live forever, for the moment
Ever searching for the one"
-Viva Forever, Spice Girls

Chapter 15

Hiei

When we get to Genkai's, Kurama is still awake. He's crying. I feel guilty. But I can't appear to him if he's awake. So I find Yukina. She is also crying. I sigh and sit down to wait.

It takes a while for Yukina to fall asleep. Then I enter her dreams. Even in her dreams, she is crying. In the dream that I enter, she is at my funeral. She is watching Kurama bury my body, sobbing. I appear in front of her and hug her.

She cries harder and clutches me. "Oniisan...You're dead! I wasn't fast enough! I'm sorry!"

"It's okay, Yukina. It wasn't your fault." I hold her until she stops crying. "Yukina...Koenma's letting me come back in five days. You can't let them bury me."

My sister looks up at me in disbelief. "Y-you're coming back?" I smile and nod at her. She laughs happily and hugs me tightly. "Oniisan! I'm so happy!"

After a few minutes, I pull away from her. "I have to go now," I tell her reluctantly. I need to go to Kurama.

"Oniisan...please appear in Kurama-san's dreams too. He's so sad...He cried all evening."

I bow my head. "I know," I say softly. "I'll appear to him." Yukina smiles at me as I disappear.

Boton smiles at me as I reappear beside her. "Did it go well?" she asks.

"Hn," I nod shortly. "Let's get to Kurama." We find Kurama curled in a corner. His eyes are red and swollen from crying. Damn. I'm sorry, Kurama. I glance at Boton. "I might be a while..."

She looks sick. "I really didn't need to know that!!"

I sigh disgustedly. She took my words wrong. Rolling my eyes, I enter Kurama's dream. His dream is even worse than Yukina's. In his dream, he is holding my bloody body, crying. I appear beside him and wipe his tears away, the way I wanted to before.

He opens his eyes at my touch, then cries harder. "I know this is a dream because you're really dead..."

I put my arms around him and hold him. He drops the body he was holding and puts his arms around me, sobbing against me.

"Koenma says that I wasn't supposed to die." Kurama looks at me sharply. I hug him tighter. "You were," I whisper, my voice cracking.

Kurama tries to pull away. "Then...then you did die because of me! It's my fault that you're dead!"

"No!" I won't let him go. "I chose to save you! I didn't want to see you die! Once was bad enough..." I smile into his soft, sweet-smelling hair. "And besides, Koenma's letting me come back after five days..."

My fox tries to pull away from me. This time I let him. He looks at me in disbelief, the same way Yukina did when I told her the same thing. "He is?"

"Yeah...So you have to kiss me five days from the hour that I died..."

"Why is Koenma doing that?" Kurama asks in confusion.

I grin. "Well...it didn't take me very long to convince him that letting me come back would be better...for him..."

The redhead laughs. I've missed that laugh in the short time I've been away from him. "I can imagine that. What did you do to him this time?"

I couldn't touch him," I complain, "so I explained, in full detail, what I'd do to him if I could touch him..."

Kurama chuckles. "I take it he was frightened?" he asks, smiling. I'm relieved that he's smiling again.

I smile back at him. "Well...him, Boton, and George were in a corner of the room by the time I finished...And most of the Reikai is avoiding me for some strange reason..."

Kurama laughs and hugs me tightly. "I miss you," he whispers after he catches his breath.

"I'm sorry..." I whisper. "I tried to stay with you, but Boton made me leave..."

He kisses me gently. "I was going to bury you by that lake that we always went to. I'm glad I don't have to anymore..."

I nod. That was where I would want to be buried. "Thank you." He looks at me, confused. I smile at him. "You picked the right spot."

He hugs me tighter. We stay like that for a while, until he falls asleep. Then I carefully disengage myself from his embrace and leave the dream.

Boton jumps as I appear in front of her. "That didn't take very long," she says. Then she blushes and looks sick. "Oh, yuck!"

I glower at her. "We didn't do anything."

She doesn't look convinced. "Uh huh. Sure!"

"Well, we didn't." I smile slightly. "I just explained how I convinced Koenma to let me come back."

She blanches. "Oh, you mean how you threatened us..." She smiles weakly. "...I'll shut up now..."

"Good," I mutter. At least now Kurama and Yukina know that it wasn't their fault that I died...and that I'm coming back. I sigh. Only four and a half more days...Then I can be with Kurama again...

* * *

Four and a half days later...

I'm going back to my body in a few hours. Boton keeps yelling at me about not sleeping while I'm in the Reikai, but I am too nervous to sleep. I'm afraid that something will go wrong. I really hope nothing does. I want to be with Kurama again. And if something does happen, Kurama will be heartbroken. Boton says that I'll regret not sleeping later. Oh, well...

I wait for a while longer, bored out of my skull. Being dead is no fun. There's nothing to do except bug people. And Koenma's threatening to lock me up if I do that anymore. Finally Boton comes and tells me that it's time to go. I jump on her oar and we go to the Ningenkai.

Kurama, Yukina, and the others are gathered around my body. Kurama is glancing at his watch impatiently. Finally, it's time. Yuusuke and Kuwabara avert their eyes as Kurama bends down and kisses my body. Immediately I am pulled back into it...