Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ kiss from a rose ❯ Courtship? ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Class dismissed!

Ohh at last. Botan thought. She was eager to go home. Keiko promised her that they would watch a movie today. Assignments and all are getting in her nerves this week, and not to mention that awful date w/ kurama. She needed some outlet.

Being a normal human girl was koenma's promise to her after she had helped yusuke on his countless battles. Keiko was very much excited w/ the idea and instantly `adopted' botan and sent her to school. How she enjoyed everything now. Yes, she still does her job to koenma but nothing ios more fulfilling han living the human life.

She was down the corridor when she saw shuichi, her stubborn suitor. She kept bugging her about going out w/ him since Monday, but for her, the mere thought of being w/ hiom sends shivers down her spines. Yes, he was handsome, but his scandalous reputation in the campus is unforgivable.

She was about to head towards another direction when he saw and called her. She has no escape now. She has to think of an excuse.. fast.

Botan how about the date? He started coolly. I've been asking you since Monday. Surely theres no reason now, I mean we don't have classes tomorrow right? Well?

She was just about to tell him that she can't make it when they heard some kind of commotion. And no wonder kurama, (who is known as minamino in the campus) the school heartthrob is coming their way. The girls is simply crazy about him. But he was not headed towards the lab like he used to. he was approaching them.

Botan's heart was beating fast. Did he come to fetch her?

Kurama raised an eyebrow at the sight of botan's companion. Hallo! He greeted. I dropped by to ask if you would like top hitch a ride home w/ me if you don't mind.

Of course I don't! she replied fast. What a lovely, lovely escape from shuichi it was! And she never thought that it was kurama that would save her from this distress.

But,..

Shuichi, she cut him off, what I was going to tell you is that minamino has also been offering me a ride since Monday and I cant turn him down this time. She lied hoping kurama wouldn't mind. And thank god he didn't.

Instead he said; lets go?

Ok lets! Botan agreed and waved goodbye to shuichi.

In the car botan settled down w/ a sigh.

What's the problem? Kurama enquired.

Nothing, its just.. I wanna hank you for saving my ass down there.

Kurama laughed. Its nothing. Then changed the subject. Are you planning something tonight?

Botan shrugged her shoulders, nothing much; keiko promised that we would watch a movie.

Botan saw disappointment in his eyes so she added; would you like to come?

A wave of relief floode kurama, sure I'd love to but, wouldn't keiko mind?

Well we can suggest that she'd drag yusuke along so it wopuld be fun for us all.

Kurama thought of that for a moment. I think keiko and me would think of something.

Then in silence, he drove her back to keiko's house.

Keiko seemed pleased at the sight of botan w/ kurama. As she saw them suddenly something naughty flickered in her mind.

Keiko; kurama greeted her. I hope you don't mind me joining you to the movies.

Oh it's nothing kurama, I was just about to tell botan here that I can't make it and reschedule, but since you are here.. well you two can go on your own. She said, and winked at botan.

Botan was blushing now. But..

Oh it's alright said kurama smiling. So are we going to go now?

Okay; she replied uneasy w/ the situation.

Ok kids bye! Said keiko w/ a wide grin on her face.

The uneasiness continued along their journey to the cinemas. Kurama's smile when he knew that they would be on their own played in her mind again and again. She kept asking to herself, courtship? But no, she promised she wouldn't expect anything from him anymore. It would crash her in the end.

But it seems that kurama sensed her uneasiness so he kept their conversation light throughout their journey.

Then at last he said botan, I would really want to watch a movie, but I found this awesome place and I would like to show it to you. If it's alright w/ you.

Botan thought of it for a moment. Well there isn't a nice movie out anyway;.

She too fell in love w/ the place the moment she saw it. A mountain cliff full of flowers plus you'll see from above the lights of the city.

Oh kurama this is lovely! She exclaimed, then hugged hi.

Then very gently kurama released her and held her at arms length. That was a very sweet thank you! He said rather unsteadily.

As if she had done something bad, botan quickly gathered up herself then said, there's a blanket in the car. Let's spread it out?

Her spirits rose quickly enough when they had their meal in the cliff. She enjoyed every minute being w/ kurama. Just talking to him, laughing w/ him made her day. And though he felt like he was kind of reserved it was okay.

The day seemed long for the both of them so they were kind of surprised when they turned up at keiko's door.

See you tomorrow kurama. She said rather sadly.

See you to tomorrow pretty girl; ill assure you this won't be the last.

Her heart seemed to have moved on top of her head as he bended down, and gently planted a kiss on her cheek. Bye.

From above keiko had turned and was watching the little scene being enacted below, and very happy w/ it.

And so is hiei, from afar. But unlike keiko, he was furious. He never thought that of all people, kurama would be the one to have let his heart control his head. He knew the danger but problem is, he can't control his feelings. Accidentally w/ out kurama's knowing hiei overheard his conversation w/ koenma.

And know, hiei smells trouble…