Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ kiss from a rose ❯ Confusions ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hi botan!, greeted keiko excitedly as the girl entered her room.

Oh hi; replied botan tiredly.

Oh hi! Is that all you can say? Said keiko annoyingly.

What is there to say?

What is there to say? Keiko was irritated now. Tell me about your date for gods sakes!

If you don't mind; I don't wanna be reminded of that, botan told her dissapointedly.

Keiko lost her excitement now. She thought, that judging from kurama's look earlier, that he noticed botan like he never did before. And she knew that this made botan very happy. She had prepared for the night. She knew, even if botan haven't said anything, that the girl has a big crush for kurama, but kurama never seem to notice.

And now all her effort had gone to waste. What could have had happened?

After a moment of silence, botan spoke:

He asked me things like where did I grew up. He seems to be bored w/ me to ask that stupid question.

Maybe he's just tongue tied, after all she's in a presence of a beautiful girl.

I don't know; she said tiredly. He seems to be interested in something; but I don't think it has nothing to do w/ me.

Botan was up all night, she was thinking about the sate. She didn't like the way it turned out.

She has a big crush on kurama ever since she had to admit. And she went great lengths to be noticed by him.

But the guy didn't seem to be interested in her. He just treats her like he does his other friends.

And she doesn't want to be just his friend, damnit! She wants to be treated as someone special. How she longed for the day he will court her!

And then the date, she was happy at first, the way he looked at her. But after that she realized that only her look interested her, nothing more.

And that's her cue to stop flirting at him.

******

Come in! koenma yelled.

I will ask you some questions if you don't mind. Kurama spoke eagerly.

Is it a matter of life and death? Said koenma, grinning.

Its nothing to joke about, kurama retorted dryly.

So what is it about?

Where have you met botan? And why didn't she know anything about her past?

Koenma's eyebrow lifted, why are suddenly interested about her?

Let's just say I once knew a girl who look much like her. Manami ,the princess of east raizen's territory.

Suddenly, koenma's expression can't be painted.

What's the matter? Kurama asked.

With a heavy sigh, he told kurama:

My father got the news that day: chiziro, manami's father's castle was being attacked by a bunch of monsters who wanted the key to waranmo's dungeon.

The information was like a hit on kurama's chest. So she is.. and cried.

How did you knew her? Asked koenma calmly.

I used to be manami's guardian, but that doesn't matter; I want to know how you found her.

Ok, he continued. We came to the castle too late. The castle was burned to the ground. Everyone there died; or so we thought. A day after one of the servants found a girl on the castle's riverside. The moment I saw her I once knew that she was princess manami. But after she woke up, she can't remember anything; not even her name.

Then why haven't you told her damnit!

It would be a stupid thing to do; koenma shouted likewise, so you know that the key is nothing more but manami?

The news came out as a shock to kurama. So if she remember..

Yes he continued, her self conscious would send the message to waranmo and once he knew that the key is still alive, he would send another of his slaves to get her. They didn't succeed then, but this time he will assure of it. And that would be manami's .. or this time botan's death!

Kurama let his tears fall now, have this miracle been given to him only to be snatched again?

Koenma put a hand on his shoulder. So it's better if botan knew nothing. Look, I know from the way you took that something happened between you and her back then,but you must think of her life. And besides you can still be w/ her, not as manami but as botan. The otherwise sweet, loving botan.

But kurama doesn't seem to hear a thing, all he can think of now was how to protect botan. Because a part of her was still manami, manami..

I have to go know; he spoke after a moment of silence.

I hope you will keep this secret.

No problem about that kurama reassured him, and forced a smile.

As he left, koenma thought, that danger is nearing them. No matter how kurama or even botan tried, the secret eill come out, they can't keep it forever; the buried past will be resurrected,.

Botan will remember her past sooner or later..

And there lies the danger..