Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Let Me Sleep Forever ❯ Part 6: Sweet Escape ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Let Me Sleep Forever

 

Part 6: Sweet Escape

 

Yuusuke was very confused. Kurama was acting really different as if someone else replaced him. Kurama was cold to everyone except Diana and Shiori, but they were related. Hiei came up to him to see if he actually was the cause of Kurama's alternate personality. Kurama wouldn't even let Hiei stay in the house during a cold rainy day.

 

That was pretty odd.

 

So now, Yuusuke was forced to make up with Kurama. For what, he didn't know. Kurama clearly acted like he didn't want him around. Not like it didn't happen before. But he was forced to. Otherwise he'd get more abuse from Keiko who overheard them talking about Kurama. He walked slowly to the house stalling the inevitable. He was sure probably going to get his head bitten off. Most likely.

 

He reached the front door and gave a hesitant knock. It was a few seconds before the door opened and the emerald green eyes were glaring at him. The door was about to shut on him but he held it open.

 

"Wait a minute, Kurama." Yuusuke said trying to gain his wits.

 

"What is it detective? I don't have time for your useless comments." Kurama said coldly.

 

"Listen, is there anything I did to make you mad at me?"

 

"Oh, there are plenty of things. If you're thinking I'd accept an apology you're wrong. Goodbye detective."

 

The door slammed shut. Yuusuke stared there flabbergasted. Finally he turned the other way and began walking out of the Minamino property to Genkai's temple and think of what just happened.

 

Hiei watched the interchange. That was really surprising. He was pretty sure that Kurama wasn't himself. When he tried to peak into the kitsune's head it didn't help. He met up with nothing…it was just completely empty as if he was never there. Either this was really Kurama or…it was a fake. Flittering from tree to tree he set off to find answers.

 

Starting with Genkai.

 

-------------------

 

Genkai sat in her temple sipping a cup of tea. Her nerves were on edge and hot tea was calming her down. She felt two faint energies heading her way. She recognized Yuusuke's and Hiei's. They probably had questions. Hiei was the first to arrive and sat down on the windowsill. She sensed his confusion.

 

"What has happened?" he asked.

 

"What?" she responded.

 

"You know exactly."

 

"I don't."

 

"I'm not in the mood for games Genkai. I'm sure you've noticed Kurama's behavior these past few days."

 

"Of course I noticed," Genkai stated almost harshly. She was losing her patients and Hiei was testing it. She never really did have a grudge or anything to do with the temper mental fire demon with a sister-complex but right now wasn't a time to be wondering about such things. They didn't say anything after that. Hiei left through the window probably to just sleep in a tree or something. Genkai figured he was on to her. Of course Hiei would usually be the one to figure everything out. But there was one catch. It had to be Yuusuke. But with his figuring brain capacity, not to be mean or anything, it would take a while and Kurama would be long gone.

 

That was what she was afraid of.

 

-------------------

 

She cradled him like a mother to her child. She heard his shallow breathing and saw some temporary cuts that have yet to be healed. Though some things couldn't be healed. Diana stared at Kurama's face. It looked serene and peaceful. Yet from his facial expression it was like he was having a terrible nightmare. And he probably was. She sighed sadly. She needed to find a way to get him out without the others noticing. They were just in the ningenkai in some abandoned building being made into some dimensional plane. She knew where the door was and the rounds that the guards make. So everything was great that is if Kurama would actually be able to make it out in time.

 

Diana had to wait till he woke up and see if he was up to it.

 

-------------------

 

Yuusuke sat outside on the steps of Genkai's temple just wondering how he gets into so many messes. There's this and that. But then those were just some other things. But this…little fight with Kurama was something. He had even forgot how this started. They used to be good friends.

 

His fist connected to the ground creating a small crater. He wondered what the hell happened. It was seriously forgotten to him but the feeling of a bit of contempt was there. If he couldn't remember then why did they even continue it? Maybe they both just wouldn't back down. Maybe he could try to set an understanding between him and the fox. Yeah that should work if they could just act and talk civilly towards each other.

 

He opted to go inside and ask Genkai since she calling him by his name was very odd occurrence. That meant some serious business. He had a feeling she knew what was happening and was determined to find out.

 

-------------------

 

Kurama groggily woke up. His green eyes looked around taking his surroundings in. He was still here in this hell. Sleep was the only way of escaping this living nightmare. The youko in him was scolding him for letting any of this happen. He shoved his demon at the back of his mind cutting him off. He heard the door open snapping him out of his thoughts. He let out a sigh of relief that when he saw Diana come in. She was holding a glass of some liquid in. He could tell it was for him. Diana gave him a warm smile.

 

"How are you feeling?" she asked while handing him the glass of some soothing liquid that should make him feel a bit better. Then they'd be able to make their escape. She never did discuss it with the kitsune since it would take time and time was something they didn't have.

 

"I'm fine," Kurama answered giving her a small smile. The girl kind of reminded him of Yukina. He took the offered glass and drank. Something about this drink seemed familiar. When he was finished he placed it on the stand next to the bed. "What was in that?" he asked since he felt a lot better than he did before.

 

"It's a special ingredient that my mommy taught me to make. It make's others feel a lot better or at least well enough on their own."

 

"Your mother must be proud of you."

 

"Of course he is." Kurama was silent for a moment; he could've sworn that she said 'he'. He didn't bother to ask. He looked at her curiously as she looked out the door to see if there was someone coming. She closed it after her examination. She walked across the room lifting a hatch up revealing a ventilation system.

 

"C'mon, I know a way out of here. We'd better hurry if we don't want to get caught here and outside."

 

Diana told him and waited till he stood beside her. She then went in with him following behind and closed the vent. He followed her lead lucky enough to fit in this vent. They threaded though corridors silently as possible. Human contraptions always made noise. They stopped for a moment for Kurama to catch his breath. The road was long but it was the safest. They were sitting in a junction. Diana took something out of her pockets and handed to him.  Kurama took it seeing that it was the seeds that he kept in his hair. He smiled finally to have some offensive weapons.

 

"Thank you," he said placing them back in his hair.

 

"You're welcome Kurama-san," she said back in politeness.

 

They rested for a while before heading towards the left with Diana leading again. Suddenly she stopped in front of a grill. She silently pried it opened setting it down gently so it wouldn't hit against the side of the building. They were still in the city but it was just where no one would suspect anything and wards heavily guarded it. Diana went down first followed by Kurama. She looked around before they took off into the surrounding trees. Her hand was holding on to his wrist so she'd be able to tell if he was running out of energy.

 

"We'll reach the steps leading to Genkai's temple. Think you could make it?" she asked him.

 

"Yes, I'll be fine." He answered.

 

They were almost at a clearing until a couple of demons jumped in front of them, detouring them a little. Diana didn't stop running taking Kurama with her; she let out a couple of well-aimed ki blasts destroying the demons immediately. They ran straight through as the dead demons disappeared. Kurama was rather surprised that she could do something like that since he couldn't sense her energy that well. Finally they made it to the middle steps. At least they didn't have to travel a lot of steps first. Their destination was cut short for them.

 

Diana sighed before grabbing Kurama's wrist again and running towards the top. Kurama tried to keep up without tripping considering he almost did a couple of times. He would've told her to slow down had it not been for two demons following them. They finally made it to the top and he was out of breath. The demons were coming for them but Diana once again disintegrated them. They both immediately went inside.

 

Kurama immediately sat down leaning against the wall next to the door. He was dead tired just from that run. But they had to get out of there fast. Usually that wouldn't faze him but since his ki had been depleted from him a bit then he couldn't handle the strain. Well at least he was grateful that he was out of there. His head tilted a bit to rest on his shoulder. Diana went off around to see if anyone was there. Soon enough he saw Genkai come from the direction Diana came from. He was relieved to see her. He smiled a little before falling asleep.

 

TBC-------------

 

Kinshin: One thousand apologies! I took too long to get this up. I'm very sorry! I hope you people haven't lost interest yet! Happy New Year even if it already past anyways thanks for the visits!

 

Like it? Review! No Flames!