Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Live Like You Were Dying ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hey there everyone on to chapter three. But before I do a quick repeat of the warning:: Contains Yaoi (clean though) but still M/M pairing

X-X-X-

Blood slowly flowed along the thin pale arm tickling the ghostly white hand before falling silently to the beige carpet below. The glistening blade still sat carelessly upon the wrist. Below the blood lightly pulsed out of the tiny nick. It was as though the boy was waiting for something or one to stop him.

`Someone. Someone like me.' The shadow in the tree reasoned. Slowly the dark figure crawled along the branch- almost falling twice. Climbing in trees was not his strong point today.

The pane glass window slowly creaked open and the figure jumped through. Running over he snatched the dagger from the shaking red head.

"What the hell were you doing," a raven haired, chocolate eyed teen asked. Worry etched his face.

Ashamed Kurama only lowered his head. He had not expected Yusuke to be around. A light tinge crept up into his cheeks.

Yusuke either did not see it or decided to ignore the reddening face. Kneeling down he placed a gentle hand under Kurama's chin. Emerald eyes met chocolate ones. The worry etched deeper grooves within the teen's face. No longer did he look like the same 14 year old punk but older, wiser.

"Kurama, promise me you'll never do that again. Promise me you won't die that way." Reaching out he ensnared his friend in a hug.

All of the strength left Kurama as he laid his head against the warm chest. Below he could hear the soft heartbeat. How soothing that sound was. Before he knew it- or stop it- all of his built up tears flowed freely, as though a dam had been opened. Slowly the truth came out. The truth that he still refused to admit.

Yusuke listened all the while. Fear crept into the beautiful brown eyes as the words sunk in. His friend was dying. Tears built up within his eyes as he held the shivering red head. Biting his lip he vowed silently to always be there for him.

A Week Later

Sighing Kurama almost drug himself into the house. It had been another long day at school. No longer was he the alert smart student. Not to say that he was failing, but he was just barely keeping slightly ahead.

Doctor appointments, the medicine, lack of sleep, and school. It was just too much for him now. Now by the time that he got home he barely had enough willpower to climb up his stairs.

Standing at the bottom stair Kurama gave a quick count. Yep there was still thirteen, though he could swear that everyday one more would suddenly appear out of nowhere.

Sighing the tired boy started the treacherous climb. And it was treacherous for him; so far in the past week he had fallen three times.

Shaking legs moved mechanically up the beige carpeted stairs.

Five

Kurama desperately wished that he were at thirteen. Stepping up yet another stair he slowly ascended.

Tired knees folded under the frail body's weight. A light gasp escaped his mouth as Kurama's mouth as he fell face first into the eighth stair. His chin received the most abuse from the fall as it slammed roughly onto the sharp side.

Bright red blood trickled from the corner of his mouth. He bled so easily now. The tiniest jar would send blood flying out of his body.

Determination filled his eyes as he forced himself up. Yusuke had ordered him to not die this way. So he would fight, no matter how hard it was. Sweat poured from his forehead stinging his eyes, as he pulled himself to his knees.

`Just a few feet more.' Kurama put out his right hand and slowly crawled up the stair. If he could not stand then he would crawl.

His mother had offered to move him to the guest room on the bottom floor, but Kurama forcefully refused. He may have been dying but his Youko pride was still just as strong as it had always been. Nothing would stop him from continuing. Continuing up these stairs and continuing on living.

His heart gave a slight cheer as Kurama's knees reached the floor. Gritting his teeth Kurama leaned against the wall. Now he just had to will enough strength to get in a standing position again. Planting his shoulders square against the wall he threw the back of his head against the wall. Now was for the hard part. Slowly, painfully he physically pulled his legs under his frail body.

Planting his feet firmly into the ground Kurama groaned as he pushed up. Knees shook violently threatening to let out.

Screaming from the pain Kurama threw his head back slamming it into the wall causing his to see stars. Taking another deep breath Kurama slowly- yet painfully- stood.

Pushing off the wall he stumbled to the bathroom, leaving his backpack on the floor. He would grab it later, if he felt like it.

Turning the facet on Kurama cupped a handful of water bringing it to his face. How refreshing the cool water felt against his warm face. A smile came to his face as he threw another handful against his face.

Emerald green eyes meet the tired reflection within the mirror. If he had believed himself to be horrid looking before it was ten times worse now. His once lively red hair now hung limp, thin and knotted. Green eyes barely registered any sign of real life. His once strong, muscled body was no more. His skin clung tightly around the bones, his joints jutting out sharply.

Closing his eyes Kurama's head dropped slightly. "Why? Why did you chose me to torment? Is it because of my past life. I have fought to make amends. Everyone else has accepted it, why can you not." His balled hands clenched tightly as a solitary, tiny tear fell.

Sighing Kurama took one last look at his reflection in the mirror. He knew what he had to do. Searching the cluttered counter his thin hand reached out. His fingers recoiling for a second as they touched the cold metal.

Gathering strength he reached out and took a hold of the object. An older pair of scissors. Holding it up eye level Kurama nodded slightly. It was time.

X-X-X-

Uh, not to much to say so please leave a review.