Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Live Like You Were Dying ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 4 YAY!! Read and review!

X-X-X-

/Snip/

Red floated weightlessly to the cold tile below.

Grabbing another handful he took the scissors to it.

No longer would his luxuriously long locks tickle his lower back. For now they stopped sharply below his ears.

Slamming the scissors sharply on the pale blue counter Kurama's gloomy eyes stared at the tired face before him. Turning he scowled at the floor. How he loathed the fave that stared back at him.

All that face showed was weakness. And Kurama hated it with a vengeance. Whenever he looked at his reflection he knew that he was truly weak now.

Slowly he walked out of the bathroom stopping only long enough to glance back at the locks that laid on the floor. How lonely they seemed, never again would he see them again.

Leaving his backpack on the floor Kurama slowly walked feeling the need to lay in the bed.

`A good long nap will make me feel all better. I just need a nap.' He slowly tried to reassure himself.

Gasping he quickly grabbed the banister for dear life. How he dreaded the increasing lightheadedness that was now a daily occurrence. Pursing his lips shut Kurama laid his head against the cool pine banister. With eyes closed and slow controlled breaths Kurama desperately tried to fight the blackness that he knew was coming.

Knees buckled as the darkness finally won. Kurama's grip loosened as he slowly leaned over to the left. His now short red hair followed the teen as he fell down the long flight of stairs landing on the tile floor below. Crimson liquid slowly streamed from the back of Kurama's head.

X-X-X-

The sun shone brightly as Yusuke, Kuwabara and Hiei walked on the sidewalk. Even through with this the atmosphere around the trio was one of a funeral.

Yusuke had decided that they were going to spend the afternoon with Kurama. Yusuke still could not believe that their friend was actually dying. After all that he had survived having this be the one thing that would bring him down; it still seemed impossible. Almost as though he were walking in a nightmare waiting for morning to come.

"What about the forlorn hope?" A quiet voice asked, waking Yusuke from his inner turmoil. Kuwabara looked over with tears brimming in his eyes. The slightest jar would cause them to fall.

Yusuke shook his head negatively. Yusuke had already suggested that but Kurama would not hear of it. He would not allow someone to sacrifice their life for his.

Kuwabara's heart sunk another foot as he continued on in silence.

Lagging far behind Hiei was stuck in thoughts of his own. Arms crossed tightly around his chest he tried to keep all emotion tucked in a far, dank, dark corner of his mind.

Hoping to brighten the mood before they met Kurama Yusuke started to tell a stupid joke that he had heard his mother tell many times. But failed on receiving any smiles. Today nothing would brighten their moods. Their friend, one that they all cared for deeply was dying and there was nothing that any could do.

X-X-X-

Crimson blood seeped further from the unconscious head. It snaked out branching it's long arms out as far as they would do.

Kurama's left leg was bent at an awkward position and blood seeped from it.

X-X-X-

As Kurama's house came into view the trio's pace slowed considerably. Yusuke reached the door first pausing his hand floating inches above the golden knob. Were they ready for this? Could they face their friend now, knowing what they knew?

Shaking his head Yusuke cleared his mind. Kurama needed them now more then ever. A quick glance back told Yusuke that Hiei and Kuwabara would be by his side.

The golden knob slowly opened and Yusuke stepped though the doorway, temporally blinded by the sudden darkness.

Slowly his eyes adjusted to the light change. And there on the floor he saw a red headed teen lying on the floor bleeding.

Blood nearly covered the landing now. It loomed dangerously near the worn carpet, threatening to stain it.

Yusuke ran over to their fallen comrade, slipping on the blood that littered the floor.

Hiei flitted next to Kurama. Horror registered in his eyes. Already he knew that Kurama had lost too much blood. If he were to loose any more he would die. There would be no month left. Glancing over at Kuwabara he just yelled three words. They were the three words that everyone fears. "Call an ambulance!"

One swift nod then the carrot top turned and ran for the nearest phone. His heart raced as he shakily dialed the numbers all the while praying to every God he could think of that Kurama would be safe. Just let him live a few more minutes.

At the landing Yusuke and Hiei silently said the same prayers.

Blood still flowed freely threatening to take the teen's soul. His lips slowly turned blue.

X-X-X-

Yes short I know -sorry- but I'm tired and last week and this one has been a livin hell. Sorry about the crapness of it. I just couldn't get it to sound any better for some reason. Anyways leave a review if ya like.

::huggles Kurama:: I'm just beating you up anymore in my stories aren't I? I have two stories that I'm tryin to write and in both Kurama is getting the worst end of everything. And I'm a huge Kurama fan ::cries::