Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Live Like You Were Dying ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hey there everyone!! I forgot yesterday to add this to the bottom of the story yesterday-

 

Disclaimer (dumb I know but hey why not)- I do not own YYH, or the Sidewinders- I do however own the Sidewinders cap. (Sidewinders- in case you don't know- is the Tucson baseball team).

 

Thank you so much for the reviews!!! They mean a lot to me!!

 

Well we found out on Monday that my bro can take a looooong time to wake up. It took him 2 hours to wake up after his surgery, but now he's doin perfectly fine.

 

X-X-X-

 

The sun glowed brightly shining into the tiny hospital rooms, shining hope for the invalids that were on the verge of giving up. Light into the dark souls. One in particular was a frail red head wearing a baseball cap. The said lad now laid in the hospital bed lightly catnapping.

 

His extra sensitive ears could hear the birds outside playing tag, jumping along the tiny branches. He could hear the nurses at the nurses station complain about old Mr. Hubbard's mood.

 

His keen nose was no longer affected by the putrid smell of antiseptics. Though the food still made him shudder.

 

Stirring lightly Kurama glanced over to the door. Right outside he could hear his mother's sweet voice and smell her perfume. It was the same that he had bought for her fortieth birthday.

 

Butterflies that had been gone for a few weeks came swarming back once again for another ride on the `Kurama Coaster.'

 

What would she do when he told? Would she accept him?

 

Crossing his hands he closed his eyes begging and asking for strength and forgiveness for what he was about to do.

 

Murmuring lightly he repeated his prayer, "Please give me strength as I now know what I have to do. And please forgive me for everything that I now know that I have to do."

 

Shiori lightly walked in peeking around the corner. There was her perfect son lying in the bed sleeping. Smiling she slid into the room careful to keep from waking him.

 

Now if only the small table had the same intentions as well. As Shiori brushed against it the table tipped over upsetting causing a loud racket.

 

Kurama tried his hardest to keep from laughing as he listened to his mother scold the table. Every second that drug out was making it harder for him to forge sleep. In an effort to keep from `waking' too quickly Kurama bit solidly on the inside of his mouth. As long as he could keep up this act everything would be ok. He wanted his mother to be in a good mood, for she would not be later.

 

Green eyes blinked quickly aggravated by the bright sunlight. His green eyes met his mother's caring, soft fawn eyes. Guilt built up in Kurama as he stared at his mother.

 

"Oh I'm so glad your awake. How are you feeling, ready to go home I bet." Shiori sat on the edge of the bed, forcing Kurama to move over some.

 

"Mother," Kurama started, only to be brushed away as Shiori continued her rapid talking. It was apparent that she was not ready to stop talking yet.

 

Growling lightly Kurama took a deep cleansing breath deciding that if he did somehow survive this he would do excellent as a yoga teacher. He may not be able to do any of the stretches but he sure as heck would be able to do the breathing.

 

Once again he tried to get his mother's attention, only succeeding after placing a hand on the still moving mouth. "Shhh. I have to tell you something."

 

Taken aback Shiori sat motionless waiting for what her son to speak, all the while a perplexed look slowly entering her big brown eyes.

 

Kurama closed his eyes and prayed once again for strength. He knew that his time was nearing the end. And he would not die without tellin the truth and the whole truth. Taking a big breath the red head started to rattle off the story. "It's about me and who I truly am."

 

Shiori nodded though she still had no idea what was going on, but Kurama never saw this for his green orbs were still shut tight. "15 years ago, I was a Youko, a fox spirit. And I was a thief and a murderer. I used people just to get my way. One night I got shot by a bounty hunter. But I was selfish and not ready to die so I forced my soul out of my dying body and possessed your unborn child. I'm so sorry mother. Please forgive me." Two silent tears found their was though his lids and fell silently down his face.

 

Kurama felt the weight be lifted from the bed. Deep down his heart broke but he knew that it was the best for both. Kurama knew that the afterlife would have been hell if he had not told the truth.

 

"Oh Suichi my son." Confused Kurama looked up. There was his mother's face staring with nothing but love in her eyes. Tears streaked down as she embraced him in a tight bear hug. Kissing his forehead Shiori whispered lightly in his ear, "No matter what your always my son."

 

Joy filled Kurama's heart as he held his mother tight. And after so long about worrying about his mother's reaction, he finally knew.

 

From the doorway a nurse in a white uniform smiled at the two as they held each other. Sights like that was what truly made this job worth doing.

 

X-X-X-

 

So how was it? Sorry for the delay but I've been sick for a week now. Anyways this was a different way that Shiori took the news but oh well. Ending may have sucked and I'm sorry for that. Anyways leave your opinion. The next update should be around Saturday. Ja for now.