Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Lost and Found: Love ❯ Kidnapped! ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Past Love

Chapter 2: Kidnapped!

by AngelK

Author's Note: This is my first Yu Yu Hakusho story I've written. I like comments and suggestions/criticism. But, if you don't like this story as you read it, it's kind of pointless just to tell me how much you hated it and how terrible I am. So, I want a reason for why you dislike it so much if you do. If you see a problem with it, state it. Otherwise, enjoy yourself.

Disclaimer: This is a story based upon characters of Yu Yu Hakusho. It is for entertainment purposes only.

Night had come and the dawn would soon arrive. It was silent in the twilight.

Yusuke had decided it was too late to start off and he had taken the bedroom nearest the stairs leading to the first floor.

Akita slept peacefully, her face seeming to glow in the pale moonlight.

Hiei was not sleeping. He stood by the window, occasionally looking at the beautiful creature who slept only a few feet from him. He had felt that same presence again. It may not be identical to the last one but it was close. He thought it had been safe. "I am a fool." Hiei snarled at himself. How could he have been so stupid? He'd led them to her. They'd used him.

"Cowardly bastards..." Could he lead them away again? There was a good chance they hadn't seen Akita yet. Would it work? He'd vanish into the night and they'd follow him. "Damn leeches." No, it wouldn't work. He'd done it before. They'd trailed him for three years, carefully monitoring him. He'd always known they followed. They wouldn't be stupid enough to only follow him. Some would stay at the house. Yusuke would leave unharmed. Akita would not. "She'd never forgive me if I left again anyway."

Hiei left and went to the room he was to be staying in. He put on his shirt and cloak. He was going to see if he could kill the pursuer. Hiei walked past Akita's room again to make sure she was alright. He went outside. All was silent.

It hit him abruptly. Instantly he knew his mistake. He raced towards Akita's window. It was wide open, the curtains fluttering uselessly in the wind. The presence had vanished. They had all already gone.

Hiei went in through Akita's window and sped straight into Yusuke's room. "Yusuke! Yusuke, wake up!"

"What's...the...deal?" Yusuke muttered sleepily.

"Akita's gone! They took her."

Yusuke looked at the Koorime. Hiei looked rather worried and panicked.

"We're going to go find her. Kurama and the ningen are on their way." Hiei explained as Yusuke washed up.

"Alright, I get it. Now, who are the bad boys we're after?" Yusuke asked.

"Sakamoya and whoever he has working for him."

"Akita's old boss? This is interesting." Yusuke commented sarcastically.

A knock came at the door.

"Our guests have arrived. Let's go down and greet them." Yusuke said with a grin.

Kuwabara and Kurama stood on the doorstep.

"C'mon in, boys, the party's about to start. We're the entertainment."

"Listen, Urameshi, it's been pretty boring back home. I'm all ready for a good fight." Kuwabara commented.

"Hiei, they've taken Akita? Sakamoya's henchmen are behind it?" Kurama asked.

"Yes, Kurama. We'll have to go and accept the terms of her return. They'll want a precious treasure I'm sure. Our job will be to kill all of them, keep the treasure, and rescue Akita." Hiei explained to the three gathered.

"Us four against a whole big group of demons. That really doesn't sound very fair. To them that is. But, it's only fair since they started it. We'll beat them to a bloody pulp."

"I don't get something, Half-Pint. How do you know, Akita?" Kuwabara asked.

"It's a long story, Fool. Perhaps, if there's time, Yusuke or Kurama can tell you. Let's go then." Hiei declared as he went outside.

***

"Tell me, will you join us again?" Sakamoya asked.

Akita's hands and feet were bound together by metal cuffs connected by chain links. "I'd rather die."

"Don't give us suggestions, my dear. Your death can be arranged." Sakamoya said, a hideous grin on her face.

"I don't give a damn if you kill me. It's what your thugs do for a living. Well, the stupid ones. The smart one steal things while people are sleeping, Otherwise, they'd be called cowards." Akita snapped angrily. A fist bashed into the back of her skull. She saw stars in her head.

"If only you hadn't been so stupid. You were obedient and skilled. You're still beautiful. But, this sudden bit of mouthing off, I believe you got this from the scum you hang out with. He'll die, naturally. If only you had never been involved with that bastard, you could have had everything. I would've had it given to you on a silver platter." Sakamoya stated.

"You're the damn scum bastard. You're lower than scum. You should kiss the ground Hiei walks on when compared to yourself!" She cried out in pain as she received another blow to the head.

"Shut up, bitch! Show respect to Master Sakamoya." A demon had seized her by her hair.

"Gag her and throw her in a cell. Give her the injection. I'll tell you when to bring her out once Hiei arrives," Sakamoya ordered.

"Yes, Master Sakamoya." The demons all bent down onto one knee and bowed their heads, showing respect and utter loyalty. Two lifted Akita up under the arms and took her down to her cell.

"Enjoy your stay." The pair threw her into the cell roughly and left.

***

"Nice mansion. Do all crime lords have these?" Kuwabara asked.

"Yeah, they all get rich off of everyone else. Hiei, do you want us to wait outside?" Yusuke looked at the Koorime.

"Yes, wait outside. I want him to think I'm the only one. Kurama...I know you want to see her but-"

"Don't worry, Hiei. I might just end up endangering her if I see her hurt. Just don't let your anger get the best of you. We can't afford to do anything stupid or foolish. We will all take revenge on them for this heinous act." Kurama gave him a strained smile.

Hiei went through the double doors.

"Are you the one they call Hiei? Sakamoya's been waiting for you. He's in through there."

Hiei glared at the large, green, muscular, horned demon. He pushed through the doors. "Give me the terms, Sakamoya. I'm in no mood to tolerate your lovely company."

"So impatient, aren't you, Hiei? I'll put this in simple terms. You are to get me the Jewel of Chaos. It is located in the pits of Spirit World, in the home of the Dragon of Cursed Flame. You have exactly six days. Otherwise, your prize...she'll be dead. Return here at sunset of the sixth day. Akita will die if you return empty-handed. That is of course if this liquid doesn't kill her first. Develop an antidote for it as well. It is called the Spirit Killer. It will make her spirit energy unusable unless she can use it without channeling it. After her spirit energy becomes dormant, her life energy will begin to be drained. She will become nothing but a corpse. Otherwise, at sunset, she will be beheaded and you may gaze upon her fear stricken face for the rest of your life." Sakamoya laughed wickedly.

"Let me see her." Hiei demanded.

"Bring her out, men," Sakamoya ordered.

Two demons came out, resembling the demon who had directed Hiei to Sakamoya's room. They held a limp girl between them.

"You bastards..." Hiei held himself back as he looked at her. Her head was trickling blood. Her hands and feet were chained together. Her body was covered in bruises. Yet, her face... that was the only thing that was free of bruises. She seemed in a deep slumber just like the last time he had seen her. "I'll bring you your damn jewel as well as an antidote for Akita in six days if not less."

"Farewell, Hiei. I always do enjoy your visits." Sakamoya declared snidely, a disgusting smirk settling onto his features.

"I hate them more than you can imagine. Hurt her, and when I come back, your heads will be displayed on the wall." Hiei swept out of the room, leaving Sakamoya clenching and unclenching his fists.

***

"Well, Hiei?" Kurama asked.

Yusuke and Kuwabara looked at the Koorime anxiously.

"We're going to be doing some traveling. Kurama, can you develop an antidote for something called the Spirit Killer?" Hiei looked at the redhead in question.

"I've heard legends tell of it. I believe I can manage to. What is Sakamoya requesting?"

"The Jewel of Chaos. It can be found in the pits of Spirit World within the cave of the Dragon of the Cursed Flame. I've heard of the Cursed Flame Dragon. Legend has it that the dragon lost the one he loved and developed an attack that he could channel his rage into to become an explosive energy. So, Yusuke, you and the fool will have to be on high alert." Hiei warned.

Kuwabara shook his fist at the short demon. "Shut-up, Shrimp! I'll make you go cry to your mom!"

"Children, fight nicely. So, how we supposed to get to the pits of Spirit World, Hiei?" Yusuke asked.

"We'll have to take one of the tunnels. Kurama, do we have to make any detours?" Hiei looked at his usual partner.

"No, go on ahead without me. It will take you at least a day to reach the tunnel and another day to reach the Cursed Flame Dragon. I will not be gone for over a day and a half. I will return with the antidote. My speed does not even meet Hiei's in the slightest. That is why I give myself the half a day. Farewell, Yusuke and Kuwabara. Hiei, use your telepathy. If you have enough spirit energy, you will be able to reach her in spirit. Akita's mind is still greatly active. She and I both inherited a very intelligent brain, attuned over many years. She and I have partnered on quite a few missions. Her mind is sharp." Kurama departed from them.

"Now, where's this tunnel, Hiei?" Yusuke asked.

***

"It's getting late. Think we should stop and rest for the night?" Kuwabara asked.

"What? Scared of the dark?" Yusuke mocked, grinning.

"Shut-up, Urameshi! I'm not afraid of the dark. I'm just tired. I had to go to school today and I woke up very early." Kuwabara snapped.

"All right. Quit your whining. We'll stop here. Do what you need to." Yusuke yawned as he immediately collapsed into a sitting position, leaning against a large tree.

Kuwabara muttered inaudibly and laid down with his head resting against the right side of the tree Yusuke was leaning against. He was asleep in moments.

The Koorime leaned against the trunk of a different tree. He closed his eyes with no intention of dozing off. Hiei slowly began channeling his spirit energy into communicating with Akita. To any observer, Hiei had seemed to have drifted off to sleep. That was not the case. The demon was making a link between his spirit and Akita herself.
***

Hiei was jarred back into a slight bit of consciousness. He stood within a stone cell. Water dripped from somewhere above and a cot was set up against the wall. Hiei approached the cot to find Akita resting peacefully.

Hiei?

Hiei's eyes shifted quickly. He saw Akita staring at him, her eyes were narrow slits.

Akita? Are you alright? Have they done anything else to you?

Not so many questions. It hurts to think too much. My head's on the verge of breaking. Akita tried to smile but failed miserably. Her lips barely even curved in the slightest.

Hiei rested his transparent hand on hers. Akita was pale. Too pale. She looked ghostly, as if she'd fade away at any moment. That worried him greatly.

The Cursed Flame Dragon will talk with you, Hiei. Do not fight him. He has no physical weaknesses. His skin is harder than any known material. It cannot be penetrated. His size can barely be challenged. His Cursed Flame cannot be matched. It will destroy not only your body but your spirit and mind as well. His heart is the only way he will allow you to pass. Promise to return his treasure to him. The Jewel of Chaos is all he has left of...his beloved. Hi...ei...

Hiei's eyes widened in alarm as Akita's mind speech faltered for a moment. He wanted to hold her tightly to him. Protect her. Even some contact would be better than being a ghost at her bedside.

"Hi.........ei...."

Don't talk! Save your strength. Hold on a little while longer. I'll save you. Kurama is developing an antidote for you at this very moment.

Hiei...I know. Please come back for me. Don't...abandon... Akita was abruptly cut off as she fell back into her restless slumber.

The Koorime stroked her hair, smoothing it out of her eyes with see through fingers. Never will you sleep after this without me beside you...

***

"Hiei, wake up."

"Here, Urameshi, I'll wake him up!"

"Put that damn thing away, Kuwabara. You're not slicing and dicing Hiei."

Hiei opened his eyes.

"You're awake. Ready to leave now?" Yusuke asked.

Hiei gave a slight nod and then began off at a brisk pace. The sky was still painted with the sun's rays; the sun was peeking over the horizon.

The trio quickly made progress.

"Is this the tunnel we have to use? It's kind of like a demon subway station," Yusuke commented.

"I don't trust any of these demons. What if they try and attack us?" Kuwabara asked anxiously.

"They won't. They're too busy to be interested in two humans with a demon escort. Yes, we need three passes for Tunnel #4." Hiei spoke at the window where a female demon sat on a chair, facing the window in which to order passes.

"Aw, it's my favorite Koorime. Hiei, what are you doing with two humans?" The demon looked Hiei over. She licked her lips.

"Didn't you hear him? Three passes!" Yusuke exclaimed.

"Shut-up. Hiei, why don't you ditch those humans and go out with me tonight? Otherwise, we can go over my place and..."

"Not at all interested, Masuka. I have other plans. Besides, you can't compare to Akita." Hiei smirked.

Masuka pouted. "Why do you like her so much? What's so special about her? Here's your three passes..." She slid three plastic covered pieces to Hiei. "Let me know if anything ever happens to Akita. Call me if you need any comforting..."

***

"Hiei getting hit on by some hot looking demon. I never thought I'd see that," Yusuke said with a chuckle.

"Yusuke! Kuwabara! Hiei!"

"Hey! Kurama's back!" Kuwabara exclaimed.

The redhead ran up to the group, a small bottle of liquid in his hand.

"Is that the antidote?" Yusuke asked.

"Yes, it will take affect as soon as it is given. Now, we have to pass by the Dragon of Cursed Flame. Tunnel #4? Masuka gave me my pass already." Kurama explained.

"This is the one. It will lead to the pits of Spirit World and to our dragon. Let's go," Hiei strode forward into the open doorway after slipping his pass through the slot.

Yusuke, Kuwabara, and Kurama followed suit. The door closed behind Kurama.

***

"It's like an oven in here. Kind of feels what it was like in Byakko's lair." Kuwabara gripped the hilt of his sword.

"I have to agree with you there, Kuwabara. I think we could cook something on those glowing rocks over there. The red tint is from heat." Yusuke said, walking in front of Kuwabara.

"It is a form of spirit energy. You can tell because it hangs in the air. It does not move. The dragon is close," Kurama commented. He was taking up the end of the line.

"Who dares trespass into my home?!?!" A voice boomed nearby.

"Looks like it's time to fight. Kuwabara, ready?"

A blade of energy instantly came forth from Kuwabara's sword hilt. "All ready here, Urameshi!"

Kurama pulled a rose from his hair and it immediately transformed into his Rose Whip.

"We might not necessarily have to fight a hard battle. Trust me on this. Dragon of the Cursed Flame, we have come to speak with you!" Hiei shouted.

The ground began to rumble.

"He's emerging. Get ready to dodge his attacks." Kurama warned Yusuke and Kuwabara.

The volcanic rock suddenly began to explode.

"Run!" Kurama exclaimed.

"None of you will escape with your lives! Cursed Flame!" An attack of red fire came from out of nowhere.

Yusuke dodged the blast.

"Dragon, we come to seek wisdom! Please, hear our plea." Hiei requested.

"Little man, how dare you address me. What do you seek? My treasure?" The dragon attacked again.

"There he is!" Kuwabara gestured wildly as the dragon fully revealed himself.

The dragon was gargantuan. He glowed red. His wings were red orange.

"Dragon of the Cursed Flame, I speak to you with similar feelings of rage. Someone has stolen the one I love. She is very important to me. The only way she will be returned is if I bring them your Jewel of Chaos. Would you help me?" Hiei asked.

"I want proof of her existence before I will aid you at all." The dragon demanded.

Hiei slowly linked his mind to the dragon's. He built a picture of Akita, sending him not only a picture but her essence...the things that made her different and distinct.

Suddenly, he felt other things enter the dragon's mind.

Kurama sent the warmth of her smile and his memory of when he'd met her as Shuichi.

Kuwabara sent a memory of a street fight when she had fought as well as Kuwabara himself and a memory of when he first felt a strange yet special aura about her.

Yusuke sent memories of when he'd first met her along with times they'd spent together.

Hiei then sent his last time with her. Akita's pale face looked ghastly when compared to the other memories of her. He closed the link and waited for the dragon's reply.

"She is special to all of you. Particularly to you, little man. She is a potential mate, correct?" The dragon had dropped all hostility. He seemed to understand completely.

Hiei faintly smiled. "I prefer her to be a living mate above all. Nothing else will matter if she dies."

"Then, I give this to you. The jewel is very important to me. Please, return it. Bring this mate of yours as well. I would like to meet one that is like you have told me." The dragon held a clawed paw out to the Koorime. The jewel he held was the color of onyx and there was a small ember burning within. "This belonged to my lifelong mate. She left this small treasure to me. It is capable of destroying and creating. Because it has these abilities, it gained the term of Jewel of Chaos. Return it to me or I will come and take your life." The dragon held the jewel out to Hiei.

The Koorime took it. "Let's get going. It'll be unexpected if we arrive two days ahead of schedule. Possibly even more. Dragon of the Cursed Flame, I am in your debt. My gratitude is immeasurable."

"Thank you, Cursed Flame Dragon. You have all of our gratitude." Kurama said.

"Return with the treasure is all I ask." The dragon then disappeared.

***

The four stood outside the mansion.

"I think this will be fun. Just like a street fight, eh, Kuwabara?"

Kuwabara nodded his agreement.

"Rose Whip Lash!" After a series of slashes, the gate shattered into pieces.

They strode up to the door leading inside.

"Let's knock a little louder, shall we?" Kuwabara sliced a hole right through the door.

"Damn it, Kuwabara. Now, we're going to have to buy them a new door," Yusuke muttered.

"I wouldn't worry too much, Yusuke. They'll all be dead. We can even keep the door as a souvenir if we want. Kurama, you find Akita. Make sure she is safe and give her that antidote immediately. Yusuke, Kuwabara, you two can take the demons. I insist Sakamoya as well his bodyguards be mine. If you get done early, you're welcome to come and watch." Hiei drew his sword.

"C'mon, Kuwabara. We have demons to pound on." Yusuke headed off down the hallway, and turned the corner, Kuwabara falling in step alongside of him.

"Kurama, be careful. Take the Jewel of Chaos. In case anything happens, I will call you and you can send for Yusuke and Kuwabara then." Hiei passed the dark gem to Kurama.

"Since when have you been cautious, Hiei?" Kurama asked.

"Since Yusuke taught me a lesson in being over-confident. Tell Akita that I love her."

"I will, Hiei. Do watch your back. Akita would expect you to be alive as long as she is," Kurama left Hiei in the hall, heading in the opposite direction of where Yusuke and Kuwabara had headed.

Hiei stood alone, sword in hand. "Akita, I will make this kill for you..."

***

Kurama stood in the hall of cells. Bloody corpses and body parts lay behind him. Bones from humans and demons lay scattered throughout the cells. Only one cell was giving off any energy whatsoever, little at that.

Shuichi?

Kurama raced down the hall and came to a stop outside of Akita's cell. His half-sibling looked deathly pale, her skin was half-sunken, and her eyes gave off no awareness. He went to her bedside and took her hand in his.

This antidote will save you. You will have to sleep off its' affects by tonight. But, you'll remain awake until then. Kurama then supported her neck, and shoulders by his arm, her head settled limply in the crook of his arm. He held the glass bottle to her lips.

Akita made no action to drink it and turned her head. Hiei? Where-

"I will take you to him. I promised him you would drink this antidote immediately. Please, do as I request," Kurama half-pleaded.

Akita's lips moved silently. She seemed to breathe a noiseless sigh in frustration. She then lifted her head up slightly.

Kurama aided her, helping to prop her head up.

Akita drank the liquid completely.

Kurama hesitated for a moment as her eyes slid shut.

Can...you take...me to...Hi...ei?

"I will." The redhead lifted the girl easily onto his back. She had gotten so thin. At least he could sense her spirit now. Yet...her body was still slowly falling apart.

It will take a short period of time before the antidote will unlock the grip of the Spirit Killer on my body. My energy was only dormant...my body...it was not. Even if I slept, my organs and blood still continued to need life energy. They have been deprived for too long. If I can rest a bit without thinking...

Akita's voice disappeared completely and Kurama was able to feel all of her weight, no matter how little. "Akita, sleep peacefully. None of us will allow them to harm you now."

Author's Note: Please review or give me input somehow....