Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Maybe Things Get Better( I NEED A CHOICE OF NAMES FOR THIS STORY SO I CAN POST IT!!!!) ❯ Past Reflections (Prologue) ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Maybe Things Get Better
 
Chapter One: Past Reflections
 
Hi erbody! This is my first fic. It is sad that I didn't start earlier… damn. I mean it is almost my 14th birthday and this is my first fic… really sad. Well anyway hope you enjoy because it took me a while to figure out how I was going to write this fic. I already had the past and everything but no plot. WELL NOW I DO!!!! YHAY!!!
 
(A/N: 10/20/04- This fanfiction was originally posted on Mediaminer.org. They haven't deleted it YET!! Well I am 14 now so ignore the “I am too lazy to start a story speech” I have a co-host and she won't show up until the 4th chapter. Her name is Angelface. Well enjoy the fic and leave reviews after you leave. I will allow flamers.)
 
(A/N: 6/9/05: UPDATE!! THIS PROLOGUE CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TO THREE PEOPLE SO FAR Kiche Minamoto, Midnightdemon, and Cherry (friend on IM) So here is the chappy…oh yea and the author notes are cheesey so you don't have to read them lol Satsuki: 2 Katsumi: 1 Mikiko: 0 Choice: 0)
 
Keely ( InTheShadows): Well it is a good thing I dragged the YYH gang along or I would be bored out of my mind!!
 
Yusuke: Ya know I was just wondering if you like had a crush on Hiei or not.
 
Hiei: Baka ningens and their emotions.
 
Kuwa: Oh come on shorty this girl is about your size anyway! Yeah I bet she likes me better than you anyway!! She so likes me better than you!!
 
ITS: Tell me, why in the hell would I have any feelings for you anyway! God you're so much worse than Hiei. And about what you said Yusuke, that is not true I have a lot of more things on my mind than Hiei! He is an asshole anyway!
 
Yusuke: Yeah you keep thinking that…
 
ITS: Go suck balls Yusuke!! Damn! Well since you like pissing me off here is something that will piss you off!
 
Yusuke: What?
 
ITS: My dad thinks that all of you are `very happy' people!!
 
Kuwa: How is that suppose to piss Yusuke off? @_@ *confused*
 
Hiei: Baka! She is saying that we are all gay! Hn… dumbass.
 
ITS: Wow there is something new Kuwabara can't think for himself. Anyway back to pissing people off, he also said that Kurama is really fruity because he wears a pink jumpsuit. Oh and Hiei…
 
Hiei: What onna
 
ITS: He also said that your name means laughing donkey. It kinda sounds like this YEEEE HAY! I couldn't stop him, although if you think about it, it is funny. But I don't have a problem with your name! ^_^
 
Yusuke and Kuwa: HAHAHAHA!!!!
Hiei: Somebody is going to die…
 
Kurama: I'M NOT GAY! AND MY SCHOOL IS REQUIRED TO WEAR THAT JUMPSUIT!!! I DON'T EVEN LIKE IT!!!
 
ITS: Oh yeah and Yusuke he still thinks that you and Kuwabaka are terd burglars… if you know what I mean…
 
Yusuke and Kuwa: I'M NOT GAY!!!
 
ITS: Well ya never know…
 
Hiei, Kurama, Kuwa, Yusuke: WE'RE NOT GAY!!!!
 
ITS: Ok. Well Kurama disclaimer!
 
Kurama: Keely doesn't own YYH in anyway or you! Enjoy the story! *mumbles under breath* I'll fix this misconception up real quick!!
 
ITS: I heard that Kurama… so much for being a gentleman… *sighs*
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*CHAPTER ONE: Past Reflections~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
 
Satsuki was born into a cat demon race. This race was well-know through out Demon World to be very ruthless. Satsuki was heir to the thrown. She had an older brother, Hira, who was kind and didn't believe in killing for fun. He would only kill if it was absolutely necessary. Her parents hated that and her for being like her brother. For reasons unknown. So basically her brother took care of her. Lucky her brother was a lot older than her and he could protect her the majority of time. He only appeared to be 16.
 
When Satsuki was about the age of one, her brother had discovered something she didn't really believe was true. By this time she was able to talk, walk and so on. She was quite intelligent for her age so she always would listen to her brother. He found out that she was the rare and mythological black neko (cat). Well since she really never has heard of it her brother told her about it. He said that she had an unusual amount of energy when Satsuki was a baby. And that her hair was a darker color than the normal nekos. She also could tell a little bit of the future but she already knew that the whole black neko thing just didn't sound right. To her it really didn't help but she soon figured out he was right.
 
Satsuki's father soon found this little secret out and wasn't too happy about it. So he assigned a trainer to train her how to fight and how to kill. Satsuki's brother tried reasoning with him that he would train her but her father had already made his decision and she was forced to train.
 
She met a tall youkai (demon) and he was about 6'4, more or less. He was a swordsman and apparently she was going to be taught with a sword. She didn't really like swords as much as she liked using her energy attacks. His appearance looked young around 20 yrs. or so. He had black hair that went a little above his ears. His eyes were a dark blue. His out fit was a drape and a fighting outfit underneath. The drape was a dark blue matching his eyes. He had a scare on his left cheek a few centimeters under his eye. It was a small slash; probably from fighting someone else with a sword.
 
The training was harsh and very unfair. He barely gave her any breaks. She hated training under him. He taught her how to handle a sword and how to use it as a lethal weapon. Once that was over he taught her how to use her energy and channel it into the sword so that she could block any attack, also making the sword slice through anything. After that he taught her how to use just energy as a weapon. Satsuki liked that better than dallying around with a sword. She would use her claws as weapons and would create small ovals around her body and would send them to any opponent, most of the time she would be in the air with that attack. The ovals were a reddish pink type of color.
 
The good thing about it was that after she would see your brother and he would sometimes challenge her to a little duel. And sometimes he would help her out on some of her main attacks and maybe even help her develop new attacks. She loved her brother so much that she wished he could always be there for her, forever.
 
After her little duels, sometimes she would walk to a pond that had beautiful flowers all around it. It was her favorite spot to go to with her brother. He would tell her stories and tell her how much she was improving in her training. Satsuki would lay out on the grass taking in the smell of the flowers. Usually she would fall to sleep there and her brother would take her to her bed and kiss her goodnight.
 
Satsuki's brother was liked by a lot of the women and he would never want to be with them because they were rude and very cruel. The whole race was basically like that except Satsuki and Hira. His hair was brown the same color as Satsuki's except a little lighter shade and his hair was short. His eyes were hazel. He always wore a smile, the only time he wouldn't wear one would be when someone was mean to Satsuki. He was really the only person she cared about in her whole life and he was the only person who ever loved her.
 
Her days were pretty much the same, train, go home, see her brother, have a duel with him, sit by the pond and fall asleep. Yeah her life is really exciting. One day her father decided to make her training longer and more intense. It was already hard enough. Her brother didn't argue though, but he would always watch her train. He would sit on a rock in a reasonable distance just enough to see her and to watch her trainer treat her decently. After Satsuki's training she had to fight her father in a duel. Hira would also watch her fight her father. Satsuki's father was always worse than her trainer, although every now and then he would be close to loosing. After every training session and after every fight with her father she would get stronger and stronger. And now she would always beat her father and he would always make her training harder and harder until one point she was unable to defeat at all by anyone. Her brother was very proud and she didn't have to worry about being too tired but she was still tired after all the fighting she did. She was now very skillful with the sword and her techniques were very hard to defeat or predict. Her intellect was a lot better at fighting, so she really didn't have to worry about enemies. Satsuki didn't get to spend much time with her brother though. The good thing was that he would always watch her train so she didn't really feel like she didn't spend time with him.
 
This went on and soon she really didn't need to train with anyone so she basically did it on her own or with her brother for fun. Until one night that changed her life forever.
 
Satsuki's race was known not to have energy on the night of the full moon that is why they had crescent moons on their foreheads. It was always kept a secret to both the Rekai and the Makai. No demon ever knew of it. That one night was the nightmare to her kind. A horde of A and B class demons attacked her home. They killed all of the cat demons. Her parents were also killed the only two remaining were Hira and herself. The demons came to kill Satsuki and her brother. He thought that they came to kill Satsuki and all he could do was hope he could defend her long enough so she could live. He did die trying to save her but the strange thing was that they didn't kill Satsuki they left right after they knew that her brother couldn't survive that many blows.
 
She ran to your brother's side. He was still alive but barely. All she could do was watch him die.
 
“Satsuki, leave this place. I'm so sorry that I won't be able to be there for you anymore. If I could do something about it I would but there is nothing I can do. I taught you and you even had a trainer to help you defend yourself in tough situations,” he said.
 
“Hira you can't die on me I need you….your my brother… you can't die…. Just don't talk like that you'll be fine. I promise I can… I can…” She managed to get out between sobs.
 
“I love you and I will always love you…so don't forget that…alright,” he said while caressing her cheek.
 
“I love you brother… I will always love you Hira,” She said.
 
He smiled and died in her arms. She couldn't stop crying it just hurt so much to see the only person that ever meant anything to her die like that. It was just too much to bear. So she buried her brother and gave him a proper grave.
 
Satsuki left her only home and put on a dark purple cloak with a hood over her head and left into the Makai wilderness with only one thing on her mind… vengeance.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
ITS: Well what did ya think?
 
Yusuke: Wow…..that was really sad.
 
Kuwa:(crying)
 
Kurama: Why did you make it so sad?
 
ITS: You'll see later on…
 
Hiei: Baka onna
 
Botan: Do you think that your life is miserable or something?
 
ITS: O_O Botan where did you come from and why in the hell aren't you jumping around like you usually are like the real Ms. Perky?
 
Botan: Well this fic was sad and you really should write a happier one.
 
ITS: Well yeah, I was thinking about writing a comedy too. So ppl if you want one then email me or tell me in a review.
 
Botan: Are you bitter all the time because that is what your brother said.
 
ITS: Damnit Botan! It is none of your business. God!
 
Botan: Well I was just wondering….
 
Hiei: Hn… I forgot about that little misconception about my name and me being gay, I want to have a talk with your father.
 
Kurama: I would like to do that too… Keely.
 
ITS: Ok… Well he is going to make fun of you.
 
Hiei: Not if my sword is to his neck.
 
ITS: Well yeah I guess so, but how `bout you guys go get something to eat.
 
Kurama: I don't want to go eat.
 
Hiei:Hn
 
ITS: Well Hiei do you want some sweet snow? I have Chocolate, Strawberry, and Vanilla? Which do you prefer?
 
Hiei: Hn…. All of them.
 
ITS: Ok
 
Kurama: * mumbles under breath* so much for revenge…*sigh*
 
ITS: I also heard that one Kurama…. Well anyway read and review…. OR DIE……j/k ^_^ !!
 
(A/N: This was typed a long time ago. Of course it will seem kinda cheesy but as the story goes on it gets a bit better…at least by my standards. So thanks and review!)
 
(A/N: Oh yea and the author's notes are really odd and the comedies I have typed two of them and they are one-shots. The names are A Yu Yu Hakusho Thanksgiving and A Yu Yu Hakusho Valentine's Day. I know it was awkward but I did them last year and the Valentines one was this year! I hope you get a chance to read those as well!! Well hoped ya liked this chapter Kiche Minamoto, Midnightdemon, and Cherry! I think I will stick with Satsuki from now on or if you want I can try out all the names. Either way! Well bye!! AND REVIEW!!)