Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Memories of Old ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Helteage: Hey sup peoples? Been a long time since I last wrote a fic! This is a One-Shot, Toguro/Genkai fic.

Arkea: Leu does not own anything that is presented in this fic. Thank you and enjoy!

**************************************************************** **********************

Toguro shot up, beads of sweat rolling down the makai's face.

`Why?! Why does it still haunt me!?'

He climbed from under the tangled sheets and entered the bathroom. He turned on the water, stripped down and stepped into the shower, closing the curtain, his mind never leaving the haunting nightmare since she died.

`She deserved to die! She was weak! Only the strong can survive in this world. It was her choice to grow old and ugly! The thing I destroyed was only a shell! Not the woman I loved..'

/Keep telling yourself that. The truth will soon enter your mind./ the elderly woman's voice sounded in his head.

"Just stay out of my head, hag!" Otouto yelled aloud.

"Are you okay in there, brother?" Toguro Ani asked. "I'm fine!" The younger called.

The elder Toguro walked from the door, confused by his younger brother's reactions as of late.

Visions of the younger Genkai floated throughout his mind. `You…and I…Damn hag!'

~*~FLASHBACK~*~

"Is something on your mind, Toguro?" the young woman sitting next to him asked, skipping rocks aross the lake that lay before them.

"I was thinking…about our future…together," The Toguro replied, chucking a rock into the lake.

"Our future?" she turned to him.

He nodded. "Where will we be in fifty years?"

"We'll be old and gray, teaching our abilities to dimwits." She laughed but quickly stopped, noticing the frown on her friend's face.

"You know I don't want to grow old."

Gankai looked at the lake sadly. "I know…"

"If I found a way to stay young, would….would you stay young with me?"

She looked to Toguro and shook her head. "I-I can't do that."

"I want you to do this with me! I don't want you to die! Please! I love you-"

"I was wondering when you were going to tell me."

"Wha? You knew?!"

"I've felt the same way…but this is something I cannot do. I refuse to give up who I am just to be eternally youthful. Promise me that you won't sell your soul to be young forever. We can grow old together!"

"I don't want to lose everything we've worked so hard for! We'd lose it all! Do you want that?!"

Genkai sighed sadly. "Is that why you entered us in the Dark Tournament?"

"Why don't you see what I'm trying to do?"

"I see but I don't want." She said, walking over to Otouto.

Scooping up his chin, she pressed her lips against his. He leaned closer, after recovering from the shock, but she pulled away. "Think about it, Koi." She told him, walking away.

~*~END FLASHBACK~*~

Toguro had left the shower and was in the hallway, when he suddenly punched the wall.

`Damn you! Why didn't you listen to me?!'

Bui and Karasu watched their leader. "He's lost his mind," Karasu said. Bui gave a grunt as his reply and the to walked away.

Toguro entered his room and dressed into his usual attire. Instead of leaving the safety of his room, he lay down on the bed. `I refuse to be weak!' he told himself, another memory floating into his head.

~*~FLASHBACK~*~

Genkai and Toguro lay in their hotel room bed, flushed and worn out. There was a day of rest in between the last match they had fought and the semi-finals.

Genkai turned her head to look at her worn out partner. "Koi? Koibito? Are you awake?"

"Yes, Tenshi. What it is?"

"Do you think we can win?"

"Of course we can! No one worked harder than we did to get here!"

"Yea!" she yawned.

"Rest Tenshi. We'll need our energy for tomorrow's match."

Genkai nodded, laying her head on his chest. "Konban-wa, Koibito."

Toguro smiled, putting his arms around her. "Konban-wa, Tenshi. Aishiteru."

"Aishiteru, koi."

~*~END FLASHBACK~*~

"I wish none of this would have ever happened! Gomen Tenshi! Forgive me, please. Aishiteru…come back…please."

Otouto wiped the salty water that was running down his cheeks. `I haven't cried since…since she said goodbye.'

~*~FLASHBACK~*~ (A/N: Last one I promise! ^^')

"I wish to be eternally young and have amazing Makai abilities!"

Genkai looked to Toguro Otouto, not able to believe he was actually going through with it. She gave a disappointed sigh and left the ring.

Otouto met up with her afterwards in their hotel room.

"Why'd you leave?"

"I told you before, I refuse to sell my soul for power. You aren't the same man I fell in love with. I am not able tobe around someone who would sell their soul to run away from a problem."

She headed towards the door, a suitcase with her clothing in tow.

"You can't leave!" He said, taking her arm.

"I'm leaving whether you like it or not. I can't love a souless creature."

"Please, Genkai! Wait!"

"Gomen nasai, Koibito. Goodbye." She pulled from his grasp and walked out the door.

Stunned, Toguro stared at the door, unable o believe it at first. When realization finally hit him, the younger Toguro fell to his knees and sobbed."

~*~END FLASHBACK~*~

`I can't go back now…'

/Think what you want! Until you realize your mistake, you'll never be at peace!/

`What do you want?!'

/I want you to suffer like I did for the last half a century!/

Otouto shook his head to rid himself of the voice of his late tenshi.

/Do you know how hard it was for me to tell you that I was leaving?! And then to fight you! I want you to feel what I felt!/

`Leave me alone!'

/It hurts doesn't it? To say goodbye to the one you love?/

`Do you loathe me? You can kill me but not mess with my mind! I-I want it all to go away! I'm sorry! Aishiteru! What do I have to do to make you listen to me?!"

A ghostly figure appeared at the foot of his bed of the young Genkai. "I am listening."

"T-Tenshi?"

"Yes, koibito?"

"Do-Do you hate me?"

"I dislike your actions and choices but not you."

"Will you stay with me?"

She smiled sadly at the man infront of her and nodded. "Yes."

The transparent figure of Genkai moved to the the bedside and sat on the bed, stroking his hair.

"Aishiteru, Tenshi. Konban-wa." Toguro muttered before drifting off into a peaceful sleep.

"Konban-wa. Aishiteru…koibito." She leaned down and kissed his lips softly.

Just as they touched, Genkai dispersed into a million sparkles, flying out an open window in the room.

Before the lights had disappeared, a whisper filled the room. "We'll see each other again. Soon, real soon."

Helteage: First Yu Yu fic! What'd you think?

Arkea: R&R and let us know how it was!

Helteage: Oh and sorry that Toguro and Genkai are OOC….I just wanted to try something different and I haven't see a Toguro/Genkai based fic.