Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Mikani's Second Life ❯ Meet Mikira ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Evil: Hi. This is a story I thought up and I hope you enjoy it as much as my friends do. Please read and review when you are finished and make me feel better about my writing because I truly think I suck. So please spend three minutes of your time telling me your opinion.
 
Disclaimer: She owns nothing but Mikira and Mahiru
 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 
Mikira was lying in bed about to fall asleep when her alarm clock rang. She picked it up and threw it against the wall. “Damn clock.” She muttered as she went to take a shower. When she was finished she walked to her closet and picked out an outfit. She chose a black tank top with a cobra on it that ended right before her bellybutton and baggy black pants. She put on a black Nightmare Before Christmas jacket and pulled her hood up. She put on black eye shadow to cover the round black circles around her maroon eyes and picked up her black bag with a dragon wrapped around it. She walked down her stairs and entered her kitchen. She grabbed a few cookies from a package in the pantry and walked out of the house. She stopped and looked at her house. It was a nice house with a garden and woods behind it. She turned away and walked to her school. As soon as she walked in through the doors a teacher caught sight of her and walked up to her.
 
“Miss Nightmare, your presence is required in the office immediately.” The teacher said gruffly. She nodded and walked into the office, straight to the secretary's desk.
 
“Ah. Miss Nightmare. Mr. Pond is waiting for you. Go right in.” Mikira nodded again and walked into the office she indicated. When she entered she saw a balding man with white hair and brown eyes and took a seat in a chair.
 
“Miss Nightmare. It has come to my attention that you have been getting detention and you have not been serving them. So there for as your punishment you shall have four new exchange students staying at your house. They have not arrived yet but when they do they shall be given your exact same schedule and sent to your classroom. I know you live alone and thought this would be a great opportunity to get some friends.” He said and the bell rang, “Off to class Miss Nightmare. Have a good day.” Mikira grimaced and left the room.
 
Her first period was English and that period was over too quickly for her liking. Her next class was History and Mikira took a seat in the back of the classroom. She laid her head down on her arms and tried to fall asleep. Right when she was about to enter her empty dreamland, the door banged open and her teacher, Mrs. Armstrong, shouted, “Oh! You must be the exchange students!”
 
`Yay. Right when I was going to get some sleep.' Mikira thought to herself.
 
“You were all assigned to Miss Nightmare I believe. Mikira, please pick your head up off the desk and greet our guests.” Mrs. Armstrong said sternly and all eyes moved to the hooded Mikira. She did lift her head but said nothing. Mrs. Armstrong sighed and introduced the four boys to the class. “This is Yusuke Urameshi,” She pointed to the one in the green, “Kazuma Kuwabara,” one in the blue, “Shuichi Minamino.” One in the pink, “and Hiei Jaganshi. You four will be with Mikira. Mikira, Please stand and remove your hood. Mikira stood and removed her hood giving the boy a good look at her. She was about five feet with black and red knee length hair. maroon eyes were set in pale skin with black makeup around them. They walked over to her and sat down around her. Everyone in the class began to murmur amongst themselves about the new guys. The bell rang half an hour later and Mikira quickly collected her books and left the room, not really caring if the guys kept up. Unfortunately for her they did.
 
At lunch Mikira sat outside under a tree with the guys sitting around her except for Hiei who was up in the tree. Groups of girls kept walking by staring at Shuichi but they stopped when they got a death glare worst than any glare Hiei could give. The one thing that Mikira hates above all else is preps.
 
`Damn them to hell and back.' She thought as the bell rang.
 
The rest of the day went by uneventful and the group soon started their walk to Mikira's house with their luggage. Mikira took them on a shortcut through the forest and Yusuke asked, “Uh. Mikira is it? Are we going the right way?”
 
Mikira nodded and they walked for a few more minutes. She stopped and pulled back a few branches giving the guys a view of her backyard. They followed Mikira around front and they stared in awe at the house. It was painted black and had white shutters. The garden grew many colors of roses and other plants. They walked in the door and took of their shoes, setting them next to Mikira's.
 
“Welcome to my home.” Those were the first words they heard her say. Her voice held little emotion but it sounded soft when it came out. She turned around and whistled. They heard a padding of paws and saw a white fox enter the room. At the sight of the strangers it growled and pounced in their direction. It was about to land on Yusuke but Mikira jumped and intercepted it. They rolled on the floor for a minute before they stopped with Mikira on top. “They will be staying with us for a while okay?” the fox looked at her and walked away. Mikira sighed and looked at the shocked group. “That was Mahiru. She does not like strangers. She just needs to warm up to you. Anyway, follow me and I will show you around. This is the living room.” The room held many assortments of furniture and a large TV with PS2 and XBOX.
 
She led them in the kitchen and said, “This is the kitchen. I usually live alone so I don't cook. If you are hungry, make it yourself. I have everything in here and the pantry through that door.” They exited the room and walked up the stairs. “There is a room under the stairs that you are not allowed to enter. Mahiru sleeps in. These are yours rooms. They each have their separate bathrooms and TVs.” Four doors stood open. They were all the same but different colors. One was green, blue, red, and black. (Guess Who Took Which). “My room is across the hall. When you are done unpacking, come get me from that room there,” She indicated the room next to hers. “And I will cook dinner.”
 
She turned to leave when Shuichi put a hand on her shoulder. “ I insist on cooking dinner Miss Mikira.”
 
She shrugged and said, “Alright. Come get me from there when it is ready. By the way, you guys can call me Kira.” She said and walked into her room. A few minutes later all the guys' heads turned when they heard Kira's door open. She stepped out wearing black short shorts and a white spaghetti strap shirt. Her hair was in two buns on the side of her head and she walked into the room next to hers.
 
An hour later everyone was unpacked and Kurama had finished dinner. “Hiei, can you please get Kira so we can have dinner?” Hiei grunted and walked to the room that was occupied by Kira. He knocked and entered when no one answered. It was like a huge obstacle course. Kira was in the center with twin katanas. She was finishing the obstacle course when she noticed Hiei watching. She did a back handspring and landed next to the wall and pushed a red button. All the obstacles disappeared and she walked into a room that Hiei could see held a lot of weapons.
 
She reentered the room and smirk. “Could have told me dinner was ready.”
 
Yusuke and Kuwabara then entered the room, “Kurama is wondering what is taking so long…” He ran on when he got a good look of the room. The walls were a dark maroon and the floor was wood. The ceiling was made of glass so you could see through it and the room with the weapons had no door, revealing all the wicked weapons in there.
 
“Dinner is getting cold. Let's eat.” Kira stated and left the room with the three boys in tow. They sat down and Kurama, Yusuke and Kuwabara chatted while Kira ate in silence. Kira was amazed at the taste of the food. She had never had such good cooking in her life but she would never admit it.
 
When dinner was over the boys filed into the living room to watch TV while Kira washed the dishes like she said she would. When she finished she entered the living room to see Yusuke and Kuwabara fighting over the remote. She snatched it from them and smirked, “After dinner I train and since you are in my house, you shall do the same.” Kurama and Hiei seemed fine with that but when Yusuke and Kuwabara heard they groaned.
 
Later that evening Yusuke and Kuwabara had finished running around the forest for the fourth time (It's a big ass forest) they collapsed to the ground. “Damn. She is worse than grandma!” Yusuke shouted.
 
Kira leaned over him and smirked. “That is enough for tonight weakling. Go inside and sleep. I will be continuing my training.”
 
“Hey Kira, Why are you still wearing makeup?” Kuwabara asked.
 
“I am not wearing any.”
 
“Then why do you have black rings around your eyes?” Yusuke inquired.
 
“I have not slept in,” she thought for a minute, “Five days.” She finished.
 
“Aren't you tired?” Kurama asked worried.
 
“No.” She suddenly felt sleepy and collapsed to the ground. Before she closed her eyes she saw Hiei walk out of the forest a few feet behind her with his Jagan glowing. `A Jagan?' was her last thought as she became unconscious.
 
“What the hell did you do Hiei?” Yusuke asked looking at the girl on the ground.
 
“I forced her to sleep Baka ningen.” He replied and lifted the girl into his arms and walked into the house. He entered her room and was lucky that Mahiru was not in the room. He sat her down on the scarlet bed and looked around the room. The walls were black and the carpet was a plush red. The ceiling was also black with a drawing of a wolf on it in white. Ordinary furniture was in the room and some maps and deadly weapons hung from the walls. There were also posters of wanted demons on the wall. The curious thing is that they were only of two demons. One was named Niroka and the other was Mikani. Hiei was unable to make out the pictures in the darkness so he left the room.
 
The next morning Kira woke naturally and hoped into the shower. When she got out she looked at the clock to see they had an hour to be at school. She dressed in a red t-shirt that hugged her and stopped at the edge of her ribs and long black shorts. She walked out of the room and walked into the kitchen to find Shuichi awake and dressed. She walked over to the table and laid her head down on it.
 
“Good Morning Kira.” Kira just yawned as a response. “Maybe you should stay home to finish resting.” Shuichi said worried.
 
“No. If I stay home you won't find your classes. Plus I wouldn't sleep anyway. I would train.” Kira said very softly. She is not a morning person and likes to be silent in the morning. Shuichi nodded and turned to the stove. Fifteen minutes later Yusuke and Kuwabara appeared in their uniforms to eat breakfast. Kira sighed and stood. She walked upstairs and knocked on Hiei's door. When he did not answer she opened the door. The room was the same as she had left it but the closet was full of black clothes. The room was empty so she left. She was about to go back to the kitchen when she heard movement in her training room. She slipped open the door and watched Hiei train for a few minutes. She walked up behind him and placed a hand on his shoulder. She felt him tense and quickly removed her hand. It was a good thing she did since his katana would have slashed through her arm. She smirked and grabbed a katana from the weapon room and got in a fighting stance. Hiei charged first. And she blocked easily. They were engaged in battle for a few minutes before a clanging was heard and Hiei's katana was seen flying across the room. Kira smirked and sheathed her katana. She replaced it in its spot in the weapon room and reemerged saying, “Breakfast was ready. If you are hungry there should be some left. Hiei nodded and disappeared out the hall. Once he was gone Kira gripped her arm. A long gash appeared on her arm and she stared at it.
 
“Damn. It has begun.” She walked into her bathroom and washed off the blood. She wrapped bandages tightly around it and left the room. She grabbed her bag and ran to the living room. All four boys were standing there waiting for her. She slipped on her shoes and the gang was off to another day at school.
 
After school everyone sat in the living room and took out their homework. They decided to do it now show they could spend the rest of their two week vacation anyway they want. Kurama was pulling out his biology book and Yusuke spotted something red in his backpack. “Hey Shuichi, What's that?” He asked pointing to the red object.
 
Shuichi pulled it out and said, “A girl with black hair and purple highlights gave them to me. Want one?” He asked holding out the box of chocolate. Yusuke was about to take them but the box disappeared from Shuichi's hand and reappeared in Kira's hands.
 
“A girl with purple and black hair gave this to you?” Kira asked and Shuichi nodded. “Nice try Niroka. Kurama, I thought your mother taught you to never take stuff from strangers.” Kira stood and the boys watched her. “Come with me.” Was all she said and the boys did. They followed her until she led them to the door under the stairs.
 
“How do you know my name?” Kurama asked.
 
“I can sense you. I am not human. I am a 300 year old youkai trapped in a human body, same as you Yoko, but you see. I am in control and I can change to my wolf form for a full day if necessary. Kuwabara, since you are full human you must stay here. The things down there would affect you too greatly and could cause serious damage even Kurama couldn't cure. Yusuke will stay with you. He would anger Mahiru to much. You two come with me.” She indicated to Kurama and Hiei with the box of chocolate still in her hand.
 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 
Evil: Please tell me what you think
 
Hiei: I think it sucks
 
Evil: Oh my god! It's Hiei! *faints*
 
Hiei: Baka onna