Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Mikani's Second Life ❯ Meet Mikani and Niroka ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

They entered a dark passage way but a few seconds later the ended in a room full of many types of plants. They were all from Makai as they could tell because they were deadly. They walked along a path that ended in a clearing. Mahiru laid in it enjoying the artificial sunlight. She stood and walked over to Kira. Kira knelt and said, “Niroka.” The fox nodded and sniffed the chocolate box and pulled away two minutes later and nodded. Kira pulled it up to her own nose and smirked, “Nice try, Niroka. I have lived to long for you to pull this trick one me. You killed me once but then I didn't have Mahiru.” She patted the fox on the head and tossed the box into a random direction. It was quickly devoured by a sickly yellow plant. “Watch.” Was all she said to Kurama and Hiei and they did. After the plant was done it turned purple and fell down dead. Kira smirked and walked to the plant and bit into her finger. A drop of blood fell on the plant and it renewed as if it didn't die. Kira then walked away and up the steps, back into the hallway with Yusuke and Kuwabara. She waited for the others to come up and they were followed by Mahiru. Mahiru walked instantly over to Kira and sniffed the arm wrapped in the bandage and whined, her ears drooping. Kira shook her head and walked off. The boys shrugged and returned to the living room to complete their homework. Mahiru walked slowly into the living room and sat on the couch. She stuffed her nose into her tail and closed her eyes.
 
Kira walked into her private bathroom just as a cut appeared on her left shoulder. Kira hissed and place a hand over it even though it was bigger than her hand. She quickly wrapped her shoulder in a bandage and wobbled out to her room and sank to the floor. There she sat staring into space.
 
Mahiru's head popped up quicker than imaginable when an unmistakable scent filled the air. Kurama and Hiei also smelled it and looked up. Yusuke and Kuwabaka looked at their friends strangely. “Do you smell that Hiei?” Kurama asked.
 
Hiei nodded and answered, “Its blood, and it is fresh.” Mahiru scrambled off the couch, knocking it over in the process. She dashed down the hall and stopped outside Kira's door. The group followed her and Hiei said, “The scent is even stronger. It must be coming from in here. Kurama opened the door and saw Kira sitting on the ground. Kurama began to walk forward when he saw a bandage covered in fresh blood on her left shoulder.
 
He reached out to touch her right shoulder to let her know they were hear when Kira snapped, “Don't touch me.” Kurama jerk back in surprise as did the group. The voice was harsh and cold. Not Kira's usual voice.
 
“Kira, you should let me look at your shoulder.” Kurama said.
 
Kira roughly stood. Her stand was rigid as she said, “I said not to touch me. Do not treat me like I am your equal Yoko Kurama, because you definitely are not mine.” She turned around and the group first noticed her eyes turned blood red. She looked down at her clothing and yelled, “What the hell am I wearing? Get out.” The boys stood still in shock until they saw Mahiru bow and nip at their legs. They bowed and exited the room and sat down in the living room. Mahiru disappeared and suddenly reappeared next to Kurama thrusting a letter in his lap. He opened and scanned it quickly.
 
He looked at the guys wide eyed and read the letter out loud;
 
To Whom It May Concern,
 
I, Mikira, am a wolf demon that was murdered by my own twin sister Niroka. When I was murdered I vowed to get my revenge. Since I had worshipped Ani the God of the Wolves my wish to be reborn was granted. When my sister found out I had been reborn from one of her many spies I was kept on my guard at all times. Niroka finally found me when I was ten years old. She murdered my mother and father but Mahiru had been sent to protect me since I was born and she drove off Niroka for me. Niroka since then had tried to kill anyone close to me. When I turn the age seventeen I will spend the next year switching in between personalities. Mikani will be present for the first half of the month while I will spend my time out the last half of the month. Thank you for understanding and I apologize in advance for anything Mikani does.
 
Mikira
 
When Kurama was finished the group turned their attention to the stairs where they heard footsteps. They finally saw her when she stepped down the last stairs. She wore a red long sleeved shirt that hugged her stomach and chest but was very loose on her arms. Each sleeve had been cut to the elbow. Over that she wore a black spaghetti strap shirt with a strange character from the language of the Forgotten which was a language ancient demons spoke. She wore a leather mini skirt and black combat boots over thigh high red and black stripped socks. Yusuke and Kuwabara were drooling at Mikani in her outfit but Kurama looked back at the letter to hide his blush. Hiei turned to the window and watched her reflection mesmerized. Mikani walked over to Yusuke and Kuwabara and put a hand under their chins and with as much force as possible she pulled their jaws upwards making their mouths jam closed and made them flip over the back of the couch they were sitting on. They landed on the ground dazed and Mikani walked over to Kurama who gathered himself to stop blushing. “Where is Niroka?” She asked forcefully. He shook his head telling her that he didn't know. She stalked over to Hiei and repeated her question. He too did not answer so she grabbed his cloak and dragged him outside with her followed by Mahiru and the guys watched from the window.
 
Mahiru glowed blue and she turned into a demon girl looking around 11 year old girl. She had white hair to her midback and light green unexpressive eyes. She was actually around 200 years old. She wore a white tank top with a frowning face on it in black and white cargo capris. She had white fox ears and tail behind her. She bowed before her master but said nothing. Mikani looked at Hiei and said, “You will help me locate Niroka or your red head friend Yoko Kurama dies.” Hiei looked at the window to see a pale Kurama looking out the window and it was then that he noticed that Mahiru was behind the scarlet haired boy with a dagger to his pale throat.
 
When he nodded she quickly she disappeared and reappeared next to her master. Mikani took a picture Mahiru handed her and gave it to Hiei. Hiei removed his bandana and opened his Jagan. He used it to locate the girl in the photo. He found her near the school. He told Mikani of his discovery and she began walking off in the direction he indicated. Hiei and the group followed the two girls. It went Mikani and Hiei in front so he could tell her if their target switched directions. Than it was Kurama and Mahiru. Mahiru was behind her leader and Kurama was kept close to her side so he was near if he was needed as bait again. Yusuke and Kuwabara were next reluctantly following but they perked up when Mikani said that Niroka had many minions that need to be dealt with. They arrived at the school and walked to the football field. There was Niroka and about ten buff guys. Niroka had the same facial features as Mikani but her eyes were lavender and her shoulder length black hair had violet highlights.
 
“Hello Nirika. I am …” Mikani began with a fake smile
 
“I know who you are. You are that bitch Mikira. Go home and play with your dark magic books.” Nirika said harshly, “ I need to find someone more important than you.”
 
Mikani turned and slowly began to walk away, “Okay, well tell Niroka I said `hi'. See ya! I see I'm not perfect, but that's all I see, Lost in a portrait, In a picture of me. This can't be everything I see, that my canvas is incomplete…” She began to sing as she took a few more steps.
 
“Wait, … Mikani. Good to see you again.” Mikani turned and saw her sister's moronic violet gaze.
 
Mikani turned around with a crooked smirk on her lips. She walked back over so that she stood before the boys and Mahiru. Over her shoulder she asked to boys, “Would you please rid us of these distractions?” Kuwabara and Yusuke cracked their knuckles and charged the buff dudes. All ten were on the floor beaten into bloodly pulps. Mikani's smirk grew as she saw the rage in her sister's eyes. She walked over and put a hand on her sister's shoulder. Her hand instantly froze as did Niroka's shoulder. “No need to give me the cold shoulder, Niroka.” Mikani's hand was instantly on fire melting the ice quickly. Niroka was surrounded but ice blue aura and she disappeared in it. When it died down her clothes had changed from a cheerleading outfit and into a pair of blue short shorts, an ice blue shirt that was covered by armor made from ice and light blue long socks that went to her knees and slip on shoes. She also had three daggers strapped to her waist and a bow on her back.
 
Mikani covered herself in red aura and too disappeared. When she returned she wore a pair of short black shorts with many chains hanging from them and a black spaghetti strap shirt. She waved her hand and the shirt was covered by armor made from an onyx like stone. Only Hiei, Kurama, and Mahiru knew it was really made from Mikani's tears. (Like Hiei's tears made a stone but these belong to Mikani.) She also had on thigh length black socks and matching slip on shoes. She too had a bow on her back but she also had two katanas strapped to her waist along with a whip.
 
Both sisters disappeared and reappeared, Mikani with one of her katanas drawn and Niroka with two of her dagger drawn. They clashed together, each of the sisters snarling at one another. They pulled back and charged again. They were able to knock each others weapons from their hands and they drew other ones. Mikani grabbed her whip while Niroka grabbed her last dagger. Before she could bring it all the way up to attack with it Mikani's whip wrapped around her wrist and pulled it. She broke Niroka's wrist and the dagger fell, Mikani's whip grabbing it before it could hit the floor. She tossed it aside and watched as Niroka took the bow of her back. She pulled back the string and a light blue arrow appeared. The arrow kept making a cracking sound and Niroka let it go. The arrow hit Mikani's whip, sinking into the material. Mikani smirked and tossed it aside and the gang watched astonished as it broken into many pieces. She pulled the bow off her back and held loosely in her hands.
 
“You were always better at the ice attacks. But I was and always will be better at fire attacks.” Mikani pulled the bow up and the string back. A dark red and black arrow appeared. “Fires of Oblivion!” She shouted as she let the arrow go. Niroka saw this and her eyes widened. She took a small dart that was poisonous and tossed it at Mikani but it was so small, no one saw it. The arrow Mikani shot sank into Niroka's body and filled her with mind numbing pain, making her collapse to the ground. Mikani felt something enter her skin and sank to her knees. She watched as a purple fox emerged from behind the school and turn into a six full tall guy with purple hair and green eyes. He picked up Niroka and glared at Mahiru and disappeared before anyone could stop him. Mikani then slumped down to the ground, unconscious.
 
Mahiru ran forward instantly but reeled back after she was within three feet of Mikani. “No.” she whispered before she tilted her head back and let out a howl that would have sent a shiver down anyone's spine. When she was done she closed her eyes and she was instantly surrounded by harsh blowing winds. “I will kill him for this. Both him and the bitch Niroka for doing this to her! Arrgh!!!” She yelled and sat down on the floor three feet away from Mikani and started crying. “No. No, not Mikani. All she wanted was to right the wrong Ani had sent to her but that bitch will do it again. Oh, Ani and Inari will have my head!”
 
Mahiru's cries turned into sobs. Kurama walked over and placed a hand on her shoulder, “What's wrong?” He asked.
 
“She has been poisoned by that bitch Niroka. I can not go near her to heal her because I would die from the heat her body is giving off. The poison manipulates her fire side to grow stronger and destroy her ice side but without both she will die.” Mahiru explained. “That boy you just saw actually created it. That was my son of an ass brother, Kono.” Tears still dripped from her face.
 
“Hiei, can you get close enough to her?” Kurama asked and Hiei nodded. “Good, grab her and we will take both to Genkai's through a portal.” Hiei did as told and Kurama created a portal. Kurama picked up the still crying Mahiru and they entered with the portal closing behind them.