Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Mikani's Second Life ❯ Pain and Mall ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Evil: Warning to all! All I know about cars are that they go fast!! There is a small race in this chapter!!! Hehe! I had a Kitkat today!
 
H: One Kitkat?
 
Evil: Okay, maybe more. *Scratches head* I think I lost count after the thirtieth one but why does it matter?
 
H: * sweatdrops* Because you are hanging upside down off the chandelier.
 
Evil: Oh *Hops down* Well, don't own nothin' but me own characters! Ja!
*returns to chandelier.*
 
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
 
The next day Mikani was still in great pain from the poison. Even though she was unconscious, she would cry out in pain and Mahiru would start crying. Mahiru refused to leave her bedside even though the heat from Mikani was scorching hot. Yukina was unable to heal Mikani very much because of the heat so they had Hiei give the fire demon medicine. Finally that evening Mikani woke. She sat up bolt right while Hiei was giving her medicine and started thrashing around. Mahiru watched in horror and winced as Mikani screamed. Finally she settled down but she was breathing heavily. She requested water and something to eat. After she drank all of her water and kept down the soup they gave her she felt better. She told the group that she had been poisoned with this same poison before and she had to rest for a few days before she would be fine. Secretly she and Mahiru were using a secret antidote that Mikani had found. They never told anybody in case the information got leaked out to Niroka.
 
Three days later. Mikani was up and on her feet. They had her clothes washed so she wore the outfit that she had the day she came down the stair with everyone watching. She had the chance to meet Yukina who Mikani showed some respect for, since she had hear the tales of Yukina's troubles from Yusuke and Yusuke's girlfriend Keiko. She tried to be nice to these people since they helped her out but it was hard for Mikani. Mikani was a royal demon from Makai and she wasn't used to mingling with normal people.
 
A week later everyone was woken late at night by a silence shattering scream. They all bolted up in bed and raced for the room they heard it coming from. They slammed open the door and were about to race to Mikani when they were stopped by Mahiru, “Stop. The process needs to finish. Mikani was sitting up in bed with her eyes closed tight. Her mouth was hanging open as she screamed again. Fangs were visible in her mouth but they changed to normal teeth within seconds. She had black wolf ears on top of her head and a bushy silk black tail behind her. They too disappeared in a matter of time and the screams stopped. Mikani opened her eyes and the group noticed they were maroon.
 
“Hello. I guess you all met Mikani. She stood and walked over to Yukina, her silk back pajamas she borrowed from Hiei hanging slightly off her body. “I am Mikira but you can call me Kira.” She said outstretching her hand, “I know who you are but you don't know me. I am Mikani's other side that she hides from others.” She turned around and looked at Mahiru. She walked up to her and inspected her intently, bending down slightly, give the people who were looking ( Coughcoughkuwabarayusukehieicoughcough) a view of the top of her breasts. “Why do you look like you have not slept in days Mahiru?” Mahiru tilted her head down. “Answer me.” Mikira stated harshly and Mahiru's ears drooped.
 
“Because I have not.” Mahiru answered quietly.
 
“He bothers you that much?” Mikira asked and Mahiru nodded. Mikira hugged Mahiru and then let go. “Don't worry girlie,” She smirked and continued, “I'll chase the monsters away.” Mahiru smiled and hugged Mikira. The group watched the two astonished and Mikira turned to them and mouthed the words, `Tell you later.' They all nodded and left the room. Mikira led Mahiru to her bed and settled the white wolf in the bed. She sat in a chair next to the bed and Mahiru, feeling safe fell asleep instantly. Mikira, knowing that she wasn't going to be able to sleep that night decided to go for a run. She slipped out the window silently and walked into the forest. She stopped at a river and changed there. She stood on her four legs when she was finished and looked at her reflection in the river. Her black fur glistened in the moonlight and her red eyes showed others the look of wisdom beyond her years. Only in her wolf form could people see her emotions. They were in how she moved and how she acted. She heard a rustling in a bush to her right and the scent of rabbit filled the air. It zoomed across the river and Mikira followed. She finally caught up to the rabbit but turned to the right, the opposite if the direction the bunny went. Mikira had only chased the bunny for fun. Mikira ran throughout the forest for another hour, then she returned to the river. She dived in and stayed underwater for a few seconds before she returned to the surface but she was in human form. Her pajamas clung to her body as she sat on the bank. She was in deep thought about her past life. She felt something wet on her cheek and felt it with her hand to realize that it was a tear. Mikira smirked and stood, walking back to Genkai's. She hopped into a tree not far from her room's window and dozed off.
 
Hiei meanwhile was in a tree by the river. He had watched since she left the room and had blushed when she waded out of the river. What surprised him the most about the girl was when she let the tear escape from her eye. It sent a spear into his heart and he had no idea why. He decided to think about it later and drifted off to sleep, dreaming about a certain black wolf demon.
 
The next day Mikira woke at sunrise and hopped into her room. Mahiru was curled up on the bed and Mikira tiptoed to the bathroom with a towel and her clothes. She took a cold shower and dressed in a black tank top with a white dragon wrapping around her ribs where the shirt ended and white training pants. She walked out the room and to the living room. No one was there so she guessed they were still asleep. She exited the temple and began running laps around the forest. After a while she got bored and ran them as a wolf. She stopped on her fortieth lap when Yusuke and Kuwabara exited the temple. They stared at her for a minute before they chased her, not knowing it was her but thinking it was a regular wolf. Mikani decide to practice her dodging which she got a lot of, dodging both of the bakas' blows. She knock Kuwabara to the floor unconscious and sprang on Yusuke, changing to human form. They landed with Yusuke on his back and Mikira with her foot hard on his throat but not hard enough to cut off his oxygen. “You lose.” She said as she stood and walked away. She hated when people saw her in her wolf form because they would go on about how cute she looked.
 
She entered the living room to see Mahiru sitting uncomfortably with Yukina, Keiko and two new girls. Mahiru was in her human form which was uncomfortable for her. She had blond hair and kept her green eyes, She still had the same figure but she grew a few inches. The two new girls in the room looked at Mikira strangely and Mikira stared back at them, trying not to be rude by glaring. The first girl had blue hair and pink eyes, telling Mikira that this girl was not human. She wore a pink kimono with a blue sash. The other girl had light brown hair and was smoking a cigarette. She had a black long sleeve shirt on and a grayish skirt. The pink eyed girl bounded up to Kira and said, “Hi! I'm Botan!”
 
Kira cringed at the perkiness and volume in Botan's voice and quietly said, “Hello. My name is Mikira but you can call me Kira.”
 
She had hoped the quietness of her voice would give Botan the hint to quiet down but unfortunately her plan went down the drain when Botan pointed behind her and said loudly, “This is Shizuru! She is Kuwabara's older sister!”
 
Kira bowed to Shizuru and said, “My sympathy for having to live with him.”
 
Shizuru smiled and replied, “Thanks for watching him for a few months. I hope you kick his ass into shape.”
 
Kira also smirked and said, “I will. Any suggestions on anything he needs to work on?”
 
“Anything and everything will be fine.” Kira nodded and in walked Kuwabara, Yusuke, and Hiei just as Kurama walked down the stairs. They all sat around in the living room is silence.
 
Botan finally got sick of the silence and said, “How about we spend our day at the mall?” Everyone nodded their heads except Kira, Mahiru, and of course Hiei. “Are you coming Kira?”
 
Kira looked at Mahiru who was watching her and said, “I don't have any money to spend.”
 
Botan shook her head and said, “Don't worry about it! We will give you some of ours.” Before Kira could decline she and Mahiru were shoved into one of the two cars. Lucky for them, they were shoved into a black mustang convertible. Hiei hopped into the car next to Kira and the group looked at him in shock.
 
“You are coming shorty?” Kuwabara said scratching his head (Hey! That Rhymed!)
 
“I am in this ningen object, aren't I?” Hiei replied coldly.
 
The cars were loaded up as followed. Mahiru, Kira, and Hiei were in the back of the convertible with Keiko in the passenger seat and Botan driving. In a green Jeep behind them Kuwabara, Shizuru and Yukina were in the back while Kurama was in the passenger seat and Yusuke driving. Yusuke pulled up next to them and said, “Why don't we make this interesting and race there?”
 
“But I am not a strong and fast driver.” Botan replied.
 
“I am.” Kira responded with an evil glint in her eyes, which flashed red before returning to maroon.
 
Yusuke smiled and said, “Let her drive.” Botan nodded and the two girl switched seats.
 
“I don't know where to go. Hiei, can you help me get there?” Hiei `hn'ed and he and Keiko switched seats.
 
“Winners get lunch and dinner on the losing driver.” Yusuke said, grinning like a baboon.
 
Hiei sent her a map of the city telepathically and Kira smirked saying, “See you at the mall Yusuke. Oh and in advance, thanks for lunch and dinner. On your marks, get set, go!” The tires of both cars screeched as they both took off. Kira floored it and pulled in front of Yusuke, not letting him past her. She studied the map in her head and took a right at the fifth stoplight while Yusuke went straight. He laughed hysterically when she turned and speed along the road in front of him.
 
“Where are we going Kira?” Botan shouted so Kira could hear her over the rushing wind.
 
“Leave her alone. She knows what she is doing.” Hiei replied with his arms across his chest. Five minutes later they slowed down and entered the mall parking lot. They all got out of the car and both Hiei and Kira leaned on it. Seven minutes later they heard the screeching of tires and turned to see Yusuke entering the lot. He turned red faced when he saw them and parked next to them.
 
“You cheated!!” Yusuke screamed.
 
The winds around the group picked up and were thrashing around Yusuke fast. Mahiru looked at Yusuke like she might kill him. “Are you suggesting that Kira cheated?” She said in a scary voice. Yusuke whimpered and shook his head. The winds calmed down as soon as Kira placed a hand on Mahiru's shoulder.
 
“Are we here just to stand around and look at the cars?” She asked and they entered the mall. Botan handed Kira some money and she and the other girls besides Mahiru entered a store with a lot of different kimonos and pink wear. Yusuke and Kuwabara headed for the arcade while Hiei and Kurama went off in a different direction. Kira shrugged to Mahiru and they looked around. She spotted Hot Topic and both girls ran for it. They entered and looked around in complete heaven. Kira walked over and looked at the shirts. On that caught her eye was a black tank top that said, “ Never leave me alone in your house…” on the front with a picture of a house and on the back it read, “You might not have one to come back to.” With a picture of the house on fire. She smirked and picked out her size. She walked over by Mahiru who held a white shirt that said, “I didn't do it” in big back letters. She took it from Mahiru and held it along with her own. She also picked out a pair of black fingerless gloves, three others shirts and many silver bracelets while Mahiru picked two pairs of white pants and white gloves. They exited the store and sat down on a bench.
 
Five minutes later the other girl walked up to them carrying many bags and were wearing huge grins. They quickly grabbed Mahiru's and Kira's wrist, dragging them into the pink wear store. Kira tried to stop them but it was futile. When they went shopping, nothing can stop them. They were dragged over to the kimono section and each were pushed into a dressing room with a kimono. Kira exited first. She had on a black kimono with a red and orange dragon circling it. The tail began at the bottom where it started as her seams and ended with its head at the top of her chest after it curled around her neck. It looked beautiful on her with a matching red sash. All the girls nodded in approval and Kira changed to her normal clothes. Next Mahiru exited the changing room and the girls stared in shock. Mahiru looked lovely in her snow white kimono with an ice blue sash. The kimono had light blue flower petals that started in the right corner of the dress and made its way all over the kimono by wind that was stitched in white. The group of girls clapped and cheered as Mahiru blushed and reentered the changing room to change. When she was done Botan took the clothes to the counter and bought them.
 
“What will I ever wear this to?” Kira asked as the girls left the store and sat by the fountain Kira and Mahiru had been sitting at before.
 
“There is a festival coming to town in a week so you could wear it there.” Keiko said happily. The boys showed up a few minutes and Kuwabara suggested they get some lunch. Yusuke glared at him and everyone agreed.
 
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
 
Evil: The car used in the story that Kira is the one I want!!
 
H: Why don't you steal one?
 
Evil: *mutters* Tried that and I had to steal another one because I drove it over a cliff and had to pay insurance.
 
H: *edges away from Evil*
 
Evil: Please Review! I want to thank foxy fox for reviewing my story along with Acid Rain. I feel so loved!