Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Misunderstood ❯ Reason ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

ancient-secret: "Hope I didn't have grammar mistakes again!" ><;

Disclaimer: I don't own neither one of the sea-monkeys, nor you. Just Kuki and the plot! =^-^=

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Reason *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Wake up…

Your sweet little dream was disturbed by a whisper. "Just three more minutes mama…", you covered your head with the pillow and were about to fall asleep.

Wake UP!

The voice growled and you were shaken violently. When you wanted to scream, you noticed you couldn't. Afraid, you opened your eyes but no one was there. The room was covered in darkness but you still couldn't sense anything.

"Must have been some sort of really bad and really realistic dream…", you muttered angry. `Now that I'm up, I know I can't fall asleep! Baka dream!' You thought bitterly and stood out of bed.

"Well…", you smiled evilly, "…what's the use in trying to fall asleep, when I can go scare Yoko and the other sea-monkey…"

You walked out the door and began looking for Yoko's room. You saw a slight light coming from a room to your left. You grinned. `Didn't know they were afraid of the dark…', you thought.

You peeked through the half-open door, not letting who ever was in there notice you. To your surprise, you saw Yoko and Kuronue. They seemed to be arguing. The most irritated was Yoko.

"We're not giving up now!", Kuronue growled and slammed a fist on the table near him. Yoko glared at his angry friend.

"I think otherwise…", the fox muttered.

`What are those youkais talking about? Maybe they found out Kuki's family is coming and can't decide if they should hide or not…', you tried not to giggle and succeeded, barely.

"Yoko, for crying out loud! Have you forgotten how hard it was to find her and tolerate her? Any other youkai would have cut her head off, but no…We just had to be nice to her!", Kuronue held his arms over his head and looked at Yoko exasperated.

"That's just the problem…", the fox sighed, "…we know she is going to be offered to that youkai/god/half-god, I don't care who or what! We aren't going to give her to him and that's final!", Yoko said in a low voice, so low you didn't hear him.

"Yoko! You know darn well that's not possible!", Kuronue cried.

`Guess they're talking `bout lil'old me…', you thought grimly.

"I'm taking her tomorrow to Fuyu, with or without you!", Kuronue said angry and looked at Yoko. You also wanted to know what he would do but you didn't hear him correct, what did he answer?

Looking at Kuronue's face, you saw a smirk. `With that smirk on, Yoko's answer is logical…', you thought disappointed and wanted to storm in there to give them a piece of your mind.

Run! Leave them! Take your stuff and RUN!

The voice that had waken you up stopped you from doing what you had intended. `And why pray-tell? Those sea-monkeys deserve a beating up!', you thought and scanned the corridor for any sign of who might be talking, nothing.

Do you honestly think a ningen onna can do something against two youkais?

The voice mocked. `I'm not a mere ningen onna, I'm a ningen onna with a black-belt…', you snarled.

Run damn it or I'll cut your head off!

`Nice try! I'm not afraid of dying!', you grinned and heard a low growl.

If you do not run now, I shall burn all your little books!

You might not be afraid of death, your angry math teacher or the two sea-monkeys, but your mangas were the most important things on this planet, them and your precious internet.

`I'm off! Hold your horses!', you ran away from the half-open door and straight into your room. After checking to see if all your mangas were intact, you thought of a plan to escape.

`Call a cab?', you thought and sighed.

Take the window ningen, there's a tree next to it. Use it to climb down.

`Damn it to hell!', you thought and looked at the tree. After taking a deep breath, you jumped on a branch and began climbing down.

`Couldn't they have made some stairs?', you thought bitterly while landing on the ground. After taking one last glance at the hideout, you ran into the woods.

~*~* with Yoko and Kuronue *~*~

"Fine, you win…", Kuronue sighed, "…the onna will be spared! Hope you know we just gave up an immense power!"

"Doesn't matter…", Yoko smiled and stood up. He walked to the door and stopped, he looked shocked. Kuronue stared at his partner and blinked a few times.

"Something wrong?", the bat asked.

" (your name), she was here…", Yoko managed to say and then ran out the door, Kuronue fallowing. They reached your room in record time and Yoko practically broke the door down. The first thing they noticed was the empty bed. Upon inspecting the room better, they couldn't find your backpack either, both paled.

"Do you think she heard?", asked Kuronue alert.

"Do fish swim?", Yoko asked and looked at Kuronue.

"Ok, I get the drift! Lets go wake the others up, we have to find the ningen before a hungry youkai does!", with that said. Yoko and Kuronue woke up all the demons in the hideout and told them to look for you in the forest.

~*~* back with you *~*~

The voice hadn't bothered you since you entered the forest, not that you didn't appreciate the peace and quiet, but you felt somewhat alone.

"I miss the idiot fox already…", you muttered under your breath and looked around, only trees. "I'm bored…", you mused and plopped down under a tree.

`Guess I overdid it this time…maybe I should have let that youkai kill me back then…*sigh*…I wanna go home…', you thought sadly and began searching for something helpful in your backpack.

"I give up!", you cried exasperated. What good would some mangas do you while you were in the friggin forest?

That's good!

The same irritating voice that made you run away stated. Your eyes twitched and you looked around. Nothing was around.

"Looking for someone?", the voice whispered in your ear sending a shiver down your spine. Out of the blue, you were lifted off the ground. When you looked up, you saw a tall young man with short blue hair and deep silver eyes. He was carrying you bridal style and walking in some direction. You got mad.

"Mind putting me down?", you asked irritated.

"I'll put you down when we arrive (your name)…", he said, not bothering to look at you.

"Your choice…", you muttered and tried a trick your karate teacher once taught you. You were shocked when he dodged as if it were nothing. He looked down at you, a grin plastered on his face.

"You're not very strong (your name)…make it easier for both of us and stop fighting back…", he muttered.

"Hn!", you crossed your arms over your chest and began praying that those two sea-monkeys would find you soon.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~

ancient-secret: "Yes, it's short, go read the next, I promise it won't be as idiotic as this one, hopefully!^^