Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Murderer's Row ❯ Doom and Planning ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

[Disclaimer: If I owned YYH, why would I have the entire cast locked in my room? **loud yells can be heard from upstairs** Oops, did I say that aloud?]

 

%&%&%&%&%&

 

"Hey Koenma," said Yusuke, his usual joking tone turned somber as the man walked up to them.

 

"Hello Yusuke," said Koenma, chewing his binky.

 

Yes, I said binky. You never saw the young man without the pacifier. No one really knows why he chews on the damn thing, he could just be weird or he could love annoying people because the constant sucking sound normally drove people bonkers.

 

"Who is it?" grunted Kuwabara, getting straight down to business.

 

The look on Koenma's face showed he wished he could prolong this. Botan saw his struggle and helped out.

 

"Here Koenma," she said sounding chipper, "Have some stew first. I know its your favorite!"

 

His reaction surprised everyone. He looked towards the bluette with affection and tears glistening in his eyes and a sad a smile before reaching over and hugging the poor girl nearly to death. Botan and Koenma were close. No, they weren't going out (it was kinda hard anyway since she was a convicted killer), she was more like a sister to him even if he never admitted it.

"I'm sorry," he whispered before pulling away and looking slightly ashamed.

 

Now the guys were really freaked.

 

"What's going on, Toddler," asked Hiei roughly, using the nickname they had for the brunette even if he hated it.

 

"There's nothing I can do," he said, "Botan, you're dying next week. 3:00p.m. Public execution. Electrocution." He looked down at her shocked face. "I'm sorry."

 

They sat in silence now, the entire cafeteria, and that fact alone was scarier than the proclamation itself. There were no noisy eating sounds, no clatter of silverware, no loud raucous laughing, no yelling, no fighting, no swapping war stories or tall tales. The silence was deafening. They could hear every step Koenma made as he walked to the doors and stepped out. Botan broke the silence by standing, drawing everyone's eyes to her.

 

"I…I'd better go pack," she said in a calm voice, like nothing out of the ordinary was happening, "A week. That's barely time at all to train a new kitchen hand. How inconsiderate of Warden Enma, leaving me so little time. I still need to make muffins for Shizuru's birthday." She started to walk away, mumbling contentedly. "Tsk Tsk. So much to do…"

 

As noise slowly filled the room, the round table in the center stayed silent. Yusuke and Kuwabara were gaping silently into space, Kurama's eyes were covered by his bangs, Hiei was glaring so intensely at his bowl that passersby felt like it would burst into flames at that very moment, and Keiko promptly started crying.

 

"How could they do this to her!?" she screamed, sobbing, "She's the best thing that's ever happened to this horrible place!! A lot of these crooks would have gone crazy without her!! They probably just want her to go so you guys will kill each other and save them the trouble!!"

 

The boys looked at her. It made perfect sense. The warden had it out for them, they all knew it, and he had wanted them fried since the day they had stepped into Hudson's. What a better way to get to them than to get rid of the thing that made them relatively stable? The thought might not have been true, but the fact that it could possibly even be a theory made them angry. Sure Botan was annoying at times, she could be stupid, too cheerful, and even violent at times but she was their friend. They had known her as long as they had known each other, and they knew, even if it wasn't a spoken agreement, that they would kill for their friends sake.

 

Something had to be done.

 

"I believe we should get to our rooms," said Kurama stiffly, he sent a look to his friends (minus Keiko, still bawling) that said `I have a plan but keep your damn mouths shut'.

 

Kurama looked mad. The group had never seen him really mad before but this was pretty close. They nodded and stood up following the redhead's lead and walked off to the sleeping rooms. The Row Boys had found a spot in Kuwabara's room that was unseen from the cameras. It was a blindspot and, after being carefully inspected by Kurama, was also free of listening devices. They would sit here and talk of their past crimes normally, but today they had a special purpose.

 

"We're breaking out," said Kurama solemnly, "Soon."

 

%&%&%&%&%&

{Ooh! The seed of deceit begins to sprout…not the seed of Chuckie. Nope.]