Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Murderer's Row ❯ Talks, Screams, and Shouts ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

[Disclaimer: Still don't own **cheers sound from upstairs**…and still has cast captive…**cackles evilly**]

 

&%&%&%&%&%

 

"Escape?!" asked Yusuke in a loud whisper.

 

"Yes," said Kurama softly, "We've lost enough friends to these pathetic law enforcers. It is time we taste fresh air again."

 

"I've been getting restless as well," said Hiei, putting in his two-cents, "It is high time we put these people in their places."

 

"I do miss the arcades," said Yusuke wistfully as the other guys shook their heads.

 

"How will it happen?" asked Hiei.

 

Kurama grinned and shared the plan he had been holding onto the past ten years he had been here. It seems the stories were true. He could escape anytime he wanted.

 

"Go and find Keiko, we'll need her help. She might also want to come," said Kurama.

 

He had noticed that Yusuke and the brunette had become closer and knew they would be sad to part.

 

"Hiei," he said turning to the small man, "If you wish to bring Yukina then find her and tell her."

 

He nodded and disappeared.

 

"I'll get Shizuru," Kuwabara said, getting where this was going, "She might not want to come but she won't rat us out either."

 

Kurama nodded.

 

"I'll find Botan," he said and left.

 

Botan was in her room. As he saw her he realized she still had that blank, calm, indifferent face on. It didn't suit her. She was supposed to be humming, smiling, giggling at something she had thought of. That was how she always was, but not now. It made him want to escape more than ever.

 

"Botan," he said softly, placing a hand on her shoulder, "May I speak with you?"

 

"Oh," she said, realizing he was there, "Yes…of course Kurama."

 

"Botan," he began, "We are all upset about your sentence-"

 

Talking about it broke her shock and suddenly she was crying on his shoulder. The tears stained his red uniform but he didn't care. Not in the slightest.

 

"I know you're upset Botan," he continued, "But there is no need to be."

 

"What?" she cried tearfully, looking at him, "I'm being executed! I think that's something to be upset about!"

 

"You're not being executed!" he said firmly.

 

She blinked confusedly at him until his eyes communicated his meaning.

 

"We're-?" He nodded. "You've got a-?" He nodded again.

 

She was laughing. It was amazing how she could go from one extreme to the next without even blinking, but then again; she was crazy.

 

"You are the best Kurama," she said after her laughing died down, "You all are. I don't know what I'd do without you all. I'd probably go even crazier than I already am."

 

"Oh I don't think that's possible, Botan," he said, back in a lighter mood.

 

"Yea-Hey!" she cried.

 

Now he was laughing. She hit him on the shoulder but it only made him force it down to chuckles.

 

"I took back what I said," she mumbled, "I do know what I'd do without you guys. Go dancing."

 

He simply nodded good-naturedly and stood up.

 

"I'll leave you to your packing, Botan," he said, "I have my own to get to," he leaned close to her ear and whispered, "and an escape to plan."

 

-*-

 

Keiko had been more difficult to track down than the blue haired girl but Yusuke had found her, finally, in the kitchen, making tomorrow's slop tearfully.

 

"Hey Keiko," he started lowly, "I need to talk to you."

 

Not **sob** now, Yusuke," she hiccupped, "I'm making dinner."

 

"I don't care," he said louder, "It's important. Forget about that slop! Its gonna turn out disgusting anyway, the way you're cryin' in it."

 

That sure got her attention. Yusuke certainly has a way with the ladies.

 

"You bastard!" she yelled and slapped him, hard.

 

"Ow! Dammit!!"

 

"Serves you right," said Keiko calmly, her anger dissipating, "Now what do you want to talk about?"

 

He glared at her but decided it was his best chance. He leaned over to her ear.

 

"We're escaping," he whispered, and hurried on as she stiffened, "We aren't gonna let them kill Botan. We might need your help."

 

She looked around, then dragged him over to the storage closet and pushed him inside, following in afterwards.

 

"What?!" she cried in a harsh whisper, "I can't help you escape! Not only will I lose my job but I'll be put into jail too! No way!!"

 

"Please, Keiko!" he said, also yell/whispering, "We need your help. You're the only one who can and-"

 

"Why me!?" she whispered exasperated and angry, "Why am I so vital to your damn plan? There are a ton of crooks around here and plenty of guards who're afraid of you enough to do your bidding! Why are you picking on me? I don't-"

 

"'CAUSE I WANT YOU TO COME!!!!!" he yelled, forgetting about stealth.

 

She stared at him, shocked, unbelieving, …happy? Well, she didn't know what she was thinking at the moment, she was pretty damn flabbergasted. Wouldn't you if the guy who teased you, insulted you, and never really seemed to care about her before suddenly told her (in a way) that he would miss her if he left. He wanted to be with her. It was probably the sweetest thing he had almost said to her. She made up her mind.

 

"What's the plan?" she asked softly, smiling.

 

He smiled with relief and, in a hushed whisper this time, told her of their daring escape.

 

&%&%&%&

[Oops. I think I m,ight have put romance in here on accident. I CAN'T HELP IT! I'm just a hopeless romantic. **sigh**…dammit…]