Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ My Mom Meets Yu Yu Hakusho ❯ Why They Don't call it Sisterly Love ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
Chapter 4
 
Why they Don't Call it Sisterly Love
 
Lauren pulled open the door to get an armful of her sleeping 10 month old nephew. She quickly stepped back from the door to let her older sister and her oldest child through closing the door expertly with her foot behind them managing not to make a sound.
Leanna came forth to take the large load off of Angela's arms and disappeared down the hallway with Lauren on her heels. Angel didn't even bother to look up once save for when the door was opened she was reading on the Loveseat. Well, trying to read she couldn't get her body comfortable enough and couldn't get in the right mindset to stop reading the same paragraph over because she wasn't paying attention the time before. Somehow having the thought of your Mother lying somewhere in a ditch bleeding to death dampened her Murder/Mystery mood.
She finally heaved a great sigh and gave up as her sisters came back sans kids. She made herself as comfortable as possible, curled into a ball on the mini couch against the cold that was just let in, and waited for someone to speak. She kept her head down as though still reading to hide the fact that she was biting her lip.
Leanna said nothing took a space across the room on the couch and did her best to mimic her comfortable position. She watched her two oldest sisters. Lauren took up her seat at the computer and Angela lowered herself on to the couch leaning against Leanna for warmth. Leanna looked between eldest and tried not to fidget. It was hard.
Lauren pressed her side into the desktop as she turned to face the couch. Cold seeped in through her t shirt and jeans and she tried to keep her feet warmed by rubbing them together. It didn't help much.
Angela looked around the room trying to gauge whether or not her sisters were as upset as they appeared. Leanna looked horribly worried and she couldn't stop wringing her hands as though she really wanted to wash her hands of the whole situation.
Lauren sat almost completely still if it weren't for the fact that she kept running her hands over her jeans. She looked mildly worried but appeared as though she would keep her composure. She sat prone and alert as though ready to step in for advice or scolding should the situation call for it.
Angel, however, barely even moved her head from her book in fact she hadn't even given the effort to greet Angela upon entering. She would swear up and down the girl was evil and it irked her very soul.
Lauren watching her older sister's movement saw her lay eyes on Angel and although it was infuriating that she was sitting there pretending to read while something important was going on she knew her younger sister was extremely worried. Angel held a tight hand on the spine of the book and continued to worry the inside of her cheek with her teeth. Quickly Lauren spoke up before Angela could speak.
“So what's the plan?”
Angela forced her mind to the problem at hand, “has there been any news?”
Leanna and Lauren shook the their heads and Angela forced another calming breath through her nose.
Leanna fidgeted slightly, there was a question she had to ask but it seemed horribly wrong at that point in time. It bounced around in her mind and she knew unless she asked that it would stay there.
Lauren spoke, “we need to see her. All of us and we can't do that with the kids. I'm really not looking forward to them waking up to find Granny's in the hospital.”
A horrified look passed over Angela's face and she agreed. She remembered when she was little and had been told the same thing. Angela didn't want that to happen to her children.
From across the room Angel found solace in the constant acidity of her tongue as she scoffed at Angela's surprise.
“Obviously, then we have a problem.”
Angela scowled, “no shit Sherlock.”
“Well someone had to say it and I didn't hear you speaking up. We can't all go so someone has to stay behind and watch the kids.”
“If that's the only case than I volunteer yo' demon ass!”
“Fuck you!”
“No, thank you.
Lauren tried hard not to get mad but given the current situation she could not find anything more inappropriate than her sisters' constant bickering.
“THAT IS E NOUGH BOTH OF YOU!!!! COULD THE BOTH OF YOU BE FIGHTING AT THE WORST POSSIBLE TIME!?!?!?!”
Both Angel and Angela fell silent, slightly stunned at their sister's outburst and immediately turned their embarrassment and anger themselves' and each other inward
Angrily Lauren looked between the two gauging whether or not she'd truly been able to shut them up. After several moments of silence she went on.
“Listen, I know everyone is stressed and quite honestly I don't much care it doesn't give any of us the reason to act like asses.” She glared pointedly at Angela and Angel but said nothing to them. “So right here and right now I want everyone to agree on a truce. Mommy needs us. She doesn't need bickering and us going at each others' throats. She needs to see that we can make it through this by ourselves. She doesn't need to be worried about us because I'm sure that she has other things to do right now.”
Leanna watched desperately twisting her fingers and watching the tense faces of her older sisters around her. It was true the fighting wasn't getting them anywhere but she doubted Angel proud and stubborn and Angela selfish and always right had to be right would both agree they were wrong. Still she was the first to speak up.
“Lauren's right. Mommy doesn't need to see us like this so we all have to just shut up and make up because there's no time for this.”
All eyes turned to her and for a second she thought another fight would break out before Angela said:
“Fine, but the next thing she says I beat her ass.”
Both Leanna and Lauren could see Angel's coffee dark eyes spark.
“The Hell you will.”
Lauren squashed it.
“Not. Now.”
“We have to agree on something,” Leanna spoke, “or we'll be sitting here the entire night.”
The tension in the room was thick as everyone waited for the other to give in. Silently Angel still sat gripping the spine of her book to the point where her fingers had begun to ache. Her eyes flickered quickly to the time glaring back at her. She had always hated time it quickened when you were having fun, dragged on ceaselessly when you loathed the very world. Now however, where she had expected only a couple seconds to have gone by she was almost horrified to realize that half the night had zipped passed her. They really had been wasting time. Time that could have been spent next to her Mother as she struggled with her pain. Angel didn't like it. Finally she spoke up.
“Ok.”
Lauren had almost missed the quiet reply, she had been ready and waiting for something bigger louder more angry than the soft agreement that her younger sister had produced.
Suddenly, with that came a eerie calm that settled over the room and its occupants.
End Chapter