Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ New Beginning ❯ The Best of Friends ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

New Beginning


Prologue-The Best of Friends
"You boys can't catch us," Amber and Robin yelled in unison. Then they started running like their lives depended on it. Kurama and Hiei were close on their heels. They were playing a game of tag and Hiei and Kurama were it. It would later become a boring game for them but right now the seven -year old girls and eight- year old boys were enjoying it. They were playing in a deserted construction field that was a block from their houses. What the girls didn't notice was a narrow dug hole that was a few feet in front of them.
"Watch out," Hiei yelled trying to warn them. But it was too late. They watched as both girls tripped and fell onto the dirt. Since it was dry season the dirt was hard and dry. They managed to get plenty of scrapes that were bleeding but not that bad. They winced in pain and tried to get up. Then Robin felt something on her shoulder.
"Hey………are you okay?" She turned around and saw Hiei's hand on her shoulder.
"Yeah I'm fine………" She said getting up but then she felt her arms give out from underneath her and she put them out in front of herself so she wouldn't hurt herself badly. She closed her eyes imagining the pain. She opened them though when she didn't feel herself hit anything. The thing she saw first was Hiei's blood red eyes looking down at her.
"You're not okay," He whispered. She noticed he had caught her before she fell.
"Yeah I just was a bit dizzy," She got out of his arms and stood up.
"See," she said spinning around to show she was all right. She looked over and saw Amber already up and talking to Kurama.
"Well I guess we better be going home and taking care of those wounds," Kurama said starting to walk towards the girl's homes.
"No way! We're fine let's start again," Amber said. He turned around and looked her over.
"Are you sure?" Kurama asked.
"Yeah we're not gonna let some scrapes stop us from playing," Robin added.
"You both are it! Count to 10 then try and catch us!" Amber said. Her and Robin then started running away as the boys slowly counted to ten. When they were finished counting they started running after the girls who were going in opposite directions now. Kurama signaled he was going after Amber and for Hiei to go after Robin. Hiei nodded to show he understood then started running after Robin. He caught up with her in two seconds even though she was 100 feet ahead of him. He tagged her and said 'Your it'.
She looked over at Amber and saw that Kurama had also tagged Amber in a matter of seconds.
"That's not fair! You used your demon powers!" Both of them said at the same time.
"Sorry but it's hard not to," Kurama said laughing. Kurama and Hiei are demons that managed to come into the human world and had to keep their identities a secret. But two neighbor girls accidentally found out about them. Robin looked up at the sunset that was falling upon them as she remembered that time they met.

::flashback::
(6 months ago)
"Hey Amber do you want to go visit those new guys? They're sort of quiet………but they could be fun," Robin yelled from her window to her neighbors house on the right of her house. Amber's window was propped open and she was leaning out of it. The girls were lucky that they had gotten rooms with windows that faced the other house so they could talk whenever they wanted.
"Yeah sure, I 'll meet you outside your house okay!" She yelled closing her window and running down the stairs. Robin did the same and then she yelled to her mom she was leaving for a moment but she'd stay in the area. She waited for a reply then opened the door to find Amber already there.
"Took you long enough," She said.
"Sorry if I got to tell my mom about every step I take," Robin replied.
"All right let's get going," Amber said starting to walk towards the house across from theirs. They knocked on the door and waited for about three minutes or three hours is what it felt like.
"I guess they're not here………"Robin replied kind of sad she wouldn't meet them today.
"No they're here……..I didn't see them leave their house," Amber replied.
"What are you? Stalker girl now? What are you doing watching the neighbors?" Robin asked. Amber gave Robin a glare before replying.
"I was bored and had nothing else to do so from 6 am to now I was just watching all the houses and recording who left at what time," Amber replied still glaring.
"Wow," Robin said looking at her watch which read 11:37.
"Come on maybe they're in their back yard playing," Amber said walking towards their gate.
"Wait wouldn't that be braking and entering," Robin said getting a little scared about breaking the law.
"Well maybe just entering," She said pointing towards the open gate.
"I'm still not sure………" Robin replied still a little apprehensive but Amber was already at the gate with her mouth open wide staring at something. Robin walked over and saw what she was staring at. It looked like one of those animes with people fighting and throwing energy blasts.
"Awesome," Amber whispered. 'So they're demons………' Robin thought. Then the red headed one turned around and saw us. He instantly stopped fighting. The black haired one looked in our direction to. He stopped fighting also and dropped the energy blasts he was holding. 'Aw crap I knew we shouldn't have snuck through the back' Robin thought. Even though the girls were just seven-year-olds they were very mature. They think that it was maybe because they had some miko blood in both of them. They think their miko blood is also the reason they were brought together and became friends. 'Ah man what are we going to do now' Robin thought.
"Umm hello……….are you neighbors?" The red head one asked.
"Well yes……….we live across the street from your house." Robin said answering the question.
"This is Amber Kori, and I'm Robin Kimora. Are you enjoying living in Tokyo so far?" She asked.

"Until now," the black haired one replied.
"Hiei! Don't be so rude! And yes we are, my name is Kurama Hikoto and this is Hiei Yanigashi," Kurama replied smiling.
"Well we just came to introduce you to the neighborhood we'll be leaving now," She said trying to pull Amber with her. It wasn't that she was scared. She had actually dealt with demons before, she was just embarrassed that they had intruded like that.
"No way Robin I want to get to know them," She said getting out of Robin's grasp and walking towards them.
"So are you guys like brothers or something?" She asked walking up to them. Robin had no choice but to follow and stand beside her.
"No just friends. Our parents are close friends with each other and we moved in together." Kurama said. Robin could tell he was lying but didn't say anything.
"So what powers do you have since you're demons. I know you can make energy blasts but what else," Amber asked eagerly. Robin did an anime trip. Obviously Amber had no conscience or anything holding her back. She became one of those very outgoing people.
"Umm are you alright," Kurama asked. She quickly stood up still sweatdropping.
"Yeah I'm fine," Robin replied.
"So cough it up! Do you have super speed can you manipulate things?" Amber asked once again.
"Amber! Stop being so rude!" Robin yelled. Amber turned around curiously at her.
"What do you mean rude?" She asked oblivious to what she was doing. Robin just sweatdropped more.
"You don't just go up to demons and ask what powers they have!" Robin yelled. Now it was Kurama and Hiei's turn to sweatdrop.
"Aww but I want to know!" Amber wined. Even Robin sweatdropped at Amber's child tantrum. (Yeah I know they're seven but like I said they're more mature.)
"Umm………Why aren't you scared of us now that you know what we really are?" Hiei asked.
"Are we supposed to be?" Amber asked. They both looked at Robin and Amber curiously then smiled.
"We also have dealt with demons before in the past," Robin added," Both of us are part miko."
"Really………"Kurama said.
"Are you related?" Hiei asked.
"No but we've been close friends for a long time," Amber replied.
"Yeah every since we moved in next door," Robin said.
"So what's the truth about why you moved here?" Robin asked.
"They already told you Robin," Amber said.
"No they were lying to keep their identity a secret," Robin replied.
"Hm you are very smart," Kurama said.
"Well the truth is we are demons, as you already know. Hiei's a fire demon and I'm a kitsune. We ran away from the demon world to come to the human world and try a new life. We might have to leave now though………" He said trailing off.
"Why?" Amber asked.
"Because you two know our secret," Hiei said.
"Oh don't worry we're good at keeping secrets," Amber said.
"Really, you can trust us. Besides who would listen to a bunch of seven year olds saying there's demons and actually believe it." Robin added.
"Plus we're outsiders. We really don't have lots of friends………We think it's 'cause we're part miko, but we're not sure………" Amber said. Robin nodded to confirm that.
"Same here. We're afraid to make friends and them find out. Then it could put our lives in danger. So we just stay away even if we seem like a couple of loners." Kurama said.
"Well it seems like you made some friends though," Amber said. They looked at us curiously then smiled.
"It seems we have………and so have you," Hiei said.
"Yeah," Robin said,"One question though………"
"Yes?" Kurama said.
"How did you manage to get your own house?" She asked.
"We pulled some strings," He replied.
"Speaking of questions………" Amber said.
"Yes?" Kurama said.
"You still haven't answered mine!" They all fell over in an anime trip. It seems like they were becoming close friends already.
::End of flashback::
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1st chapter done! Well I guess it is pretty good even though I did it only for fun. I hope you enjoy it. Ja ne.