Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ New Beginning ❯ 2 periods of horror (no not the phase girls go through) ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer applies.

New Beginning

Chapter 4 - 2 periods of horror (no not the phase girls go through)

"Come on, Hiei! We need to get to class!" I yelled as Amber and I ran down the hallway, pushing people out of our way. The bell had just rung 7 minutes ago and we had no idea where we were going.

"Just how long of a passing period do we have?" Amber asked, running out of breath.

"Um………I think it's 10 minutes," I replied.

"Wow! That's pretty sweet. Back in middle school, we only had 5 minutes," She said while looking from doorway to doorway, "What number was it again?"

"Room 618," Hiei plainly replied from behind us.

"We're getting close then," I said, looking at the room numbers next to the doors. `609………612………615………61 8!'

"We made it!" Amber said as we stopped in front of the door, trying to catch our breath before walking in. We were one of the last one's to make it, but, fortunately, there were still a lot of seats available. Amber and I took two seats next to each other in the back. Hiei came and sat in the seat on the other side of me. I guessed it was because he didn't know anyone else in the class besides Amber and me. Whatever the reason though, I'm glad he decided to sit by us. He had actually already started to grow on me. I smiled at him before turning around to my other side to talk to Amber.

"Wow would you look at Mrs. Natsu! She must be in her 90's!" I said looking at the teacher sitting in her desk shuffling papers and not even noticing there was a student standing right next to her yelling out her name to get her attention.

"Now, now Robin there's no need to be making fun of the teachers………She does have a really big nose though………" I laughed after her comment. We watched as she stood up and walked unsteadily to the front of the classroom and began lecturing us on the rules and behavior guidelines, etc.

"Where did they get this teacher? Old people r us?" I whispered to Amber before she broke out laughing.

"EXCUSE ME MRS!" We heard Mrs. Natsu's shrill voice call out, "WHAT ARE YOU LAUGHING ABOUT?"

"Um………nothing really………"Amber said while sinking down into her chair. I had to hold down a giggle.

"SO YOU JUST FELT LIKE LAUGHING?" She yelled with stern eyes. I wasn't sure if she was talking normal voice level for her or she thought she had to yell because we were sitting in the back but we could hear her loud and clear like she was standing right next to us yelling in our ear.

"Well no………I just………"Amber muttered, sinking even lower into her chair.

"YOU JUST NOTHING! RULE 569, YOU ARE NOT ALOUD TO LAUGH DURING CLASS UNLESS GIVEN PERMISSION!" With that said she went back to reciting all the rules all over again. Amber gave me a death glare as if it was my entire fault she got scolded at. Ok maybe it was……… partially, but she was the one that decided to burst out laughing. I gave her a sheepish grin then turned to look at Hiei, who was slouching in his chair with one hand in his pocket while the other one propped up his head on the desk. He had the most bored expression on his face at the moment. I didn't blame him, after all we would be coming back to this every day first period. I looked at the clock and saw we still had an hour left. Oh yeah, this was going to be a looooong period.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

//Meanwhile in Kurama's homeroom//

Kurama drummed his fingers on his desk, waiting for the period to be over. He had easily found his room after he and the others had parted. Now he was listening to Mrs. Hisohama talk about how the year was going to work out. After he had walked into the classroom, he couldn't decide where to sit since he didn't know anyone in there. He finally decided to seclude himself to the back of the room and pulled out a book to begin reading. He was interrupted though as someone came and sat next to him. He turned his head to see who it was. It was a girl with brown silky hair pulled into a ponytail and brown eyes. She turned to look at him for a moment before introducing herself.

"Hi, my name's Alicia!" She said while holding her hand out to him.

"Nice to meet you. My name is Kurama," He said, shaking her hand.

"I hope you don't mind if I sit with you. I really don't know a lot of these people and you looked a bit more welcoming," Alicia said, looking back at the front of the room where many girls were glaring at her.

"Oh no, I don't mind at all," He said as she nodded her head in thanks and took her seat. Then, a light bulb went off in his head as he remembered that girl Robin had mentioned a girl named Alicia that was in his homeroom.

"Excuse me, but would you happen to know two girls named Robin and Amber?" He asked her.

"Yeah, the crazy bunch we call them. They're two of my close friends, why?" She asked, looking at him.

"Well, my friend and I had an encounter with them this morning. Our lockers are right next to them. They mentioned that in my homeroom there would be a girl named Alicia," He replied.

"Wow… you have lockers next to them? Poor you! You'll see they can get pretty crazy some days. I would have to say this is probably one of those days," She was about to add something else when the teacher stood up, introduced herself, and began talking about other things going on in the school. That left him to where he was now. He glanced over at Alicia to see her drawing some sort of manga picture. He was about to ask her what it was when he heard some shrill voice screaming something in a room down the hall. Everyone in the class was surprised by this sudden out burst and started breaking into whispers.

"Calm down people. It's probably just Mrs. Natsu yelling at one of her poor victims *cough* I mean students. Sam, would you close that door," She said to one of the students sitting near the door. Kurama managed to glance at what room number it was before he shut it though.

"Hm………that's funny," He muttered to himself.

"What is?" Alicia asked looking at him.

"The classroom that woman was yelling from was number 618," He replied.

"And………." Alicia said, urging him to continue with his explanation.

"That's the classroom Amber, Robin, and my friend Hiei reside in."

"Well that explains it," Alicia said grinning.

"What does?"

"It's now obvious why the teacher was yelling. Amber or Robin did something to get her mad," Alicia replied.

"Yes, it is possible," Kurama said while holding in a laugh as he imagined what they could have done to get her screaming so loud.

//Back in Mrs. Natsu's classroom//

`Come on!!' I thought as I studied the clock intensely, waiting for it to make the next move that would save me from this dreaded first period. `Come on! RING!' Just as I thought it, a miracle happened………the bell rang! Everyone in the classroom had already been on the edge of their seats waiting also so we were all out before she could even utter one syllable from the word `dismissed.'

"Come on, Amber. We have Language Arts next," I said as we were in the hallway.

"Wait………you have Language Arts next?" Hiei repeated.

"Yeah, that's what she just said. Listen and you'll learn things," Amber replied.

"I heard her!" Hiei snapped back at Amber, "It's just that Kurama and I have that class next also. What teacher?"

"Um………give me the schedule Amber!" I said snatching it out of her hand, "Let's see…….. It's Mrs. Madao or something like that."

"That's great," He muttered just as Kurama walked over to us.

"Why hello again," He said, then looked at Hiei. "What's wrong, Hiei?"

"Ask them," Hiei replied, walking off. Amber and I blinked a few times, confused at what had just happened.

"What happened?" Kurama asked, looking curiously at us.

"I have no idea," Amber said, slowly pronouncing each word.

"We were telling him we had Language Arts next with Mrs. Madao then-" Kurama cut me off before I could continue.

"Ah, well that's it," Kurama said, "We have that same class next as well."

"Oh…." Was our only reply.

"Well, shall we walk to class then?" Kurama asked as we continued down the hallway.

"What about Hiei?" I asked looking around for him.

"Knowing Hiei, he's probably already over there," Kurama replied.

"He must be a good runner then since it's on the other side of the hallway," Amber said.

"I suppose you could say that………" Kurama replied, looking at the wall. I looked curiously at him, wondering what he was hiding, before we reached the classroom.

"Hiei! I see you saved us seats," Kurama said walking over to Hiei who had 3 seats to the side of him.

"Hn," Was his only reply as we sat down. (Okay this is what it looks like, R, A, K, H)

"Hey Amber, you think this teacher is going to be any better than the last one?" I asked as we looked at her. She seemed fairly young and had long brown hair pulled back by a clip.

"I hope so. Mrs. Natsu was so mean! She yelled at me!" Amber whispered back.

"So it was you two………"Kurama said, looking at Amber who blinked back in confusion.

"What on earth are you talking about?" She asked, looking at him like he was crazy.

"You two were the ones she was yelling at," Kurama replied.

"No actually that was just Amber. See she started laughing without permission and so the teacher scolded her. Isn't that right Amber?" I said, holding in a laugh as she stared back sweatdropping.

"Well, it was your fault!!" She yelled at me.

"None sense, you decided to start laughing out loud hysterically. I didn't make you," I replied.

"Yes, it was the blonde ones fault," Hiei said from his seat on the other side of Kurama.

"Who're you calling blonde?!" Amber said, trying to get around Kurama to kill Hiei. The only thing holding him back was me, from behind her and Kurama holding onto her shoulders to keep her back.

"Come now, let's deal with this calmly," He said, trying to keep her from jumping over him and killing Hiei. Hiei, although, didn't seem too worried about Amber hurting him. He was sitting calmly in his seat with his eyes closed, waiting for the class to start. Suddenly Amber made a fast upward movement that Kurama and I were not ready for. Kurama's hand accidentally slipped a bit lower than her shoulders. And Amber was definitely not pleased with that. She suddenly stopped moving and closed her eyes with her eyebrow twitching slightly. As soon as Kurama had touched that spot his hand instantly flew back.

"Um……… Gomen………I really wasn't expecting you to move so suddenly," He said looking down at his hands in his lap. Hiei and I were actually, finding this quite entertaining.

"Well, Kurama, getting a bit frisky, eh?" I said laughing. Hiei nodded in agreement.

"Shut………up," She said quietly, which told me that she was pissed. Hiei and I shrunk to our seats afraid she might turn her anger on us if we said anything else. Kurama looked at both of us for help but Hiei and I looked the other way.

"Deal with your punishment yourself, Kurama," Hiei said.

"Uh………I really am sorry, I didn't mean to-" Kurama said, trying to save himself.

"How………HOW DARE YOU!" Amber yelled, then pulled back her hand and slapped Kurama across the face. By this time we had gotten a few students attention but now they were all looking at us. I sunk lower in my seat, hoping to go unnoticed. `I need to find more friends……..' My thoughts stopped as I saw Mrs. Madao looking our way. Then when she saw an angry Amber and an image of her hand printed on Kurama's face she figured out what had happened. `Aw man! I can't get another referral to the office on the first day again!' This called for drastic measures! I had to manipulate her mind to believe nothing happened. I concentrated really hard and quickly got inside her mind. `Human minds are so easily penetrated' It would take me a second to get her to believe nothing happened. `Humans may have weak barriers but they're so stubborn!' By this time she was starting to yell.

"Hey! You there!" She said pointing at Amber.

"Huh? Me?" Amber asked looking around.

"Yes you! Uh………" Mrs. Madao was about to say more but then she lost track of what she was saying and her eyes almost glazed over. I was starting to get through to her. `Ok, nothing happened over here. One of your students accidentally hit his cheek on the desk. So no one is to blame. Also………' I decided to say a little extra so we'd have a good year in this class `Also the four students sitting in front of you are the nicest students in the world. Treat them kindly the whole year.' I sat back in my seat with my work done and watched the teacher start talking again.

"Oh I'm sorry for dazing off like that. I seemed to remember something and I wasn't sure if it was today………Oh yes, well like I was saying, Miss could you please hand me that dictionary behind you," Mrs. Madao said holding out her hand. Amber sat there in shock trying to figure out what had just happened. Finally she comprehended what the teacher said and turned around to pick up a dictionary out of the box and handed it to her.

"Ah, thank you young lady! You certainly are a fine student!" Mrs. Madao said going back to her desk to sit down. Amber was still in shock then she turned to me with understanding on her face. I smiled and nodded then put a finger up to my lips to tell her not to say anything. She smiled and mouthed the words `Thank you' to me. Kurama and Hiei were looking at us with question on their faces.

"What just happened?" Kurama asked.

"Yes, I thought for sure that the teacher would send her to the office," Hiei said.

"Well she must have had a change of mind. Or maybe when she stopped talking for a few seconds, she remembered she needed something with the dictionary and totally forgot about Amber," I suggested.

"I suppose it's possible," Kurama said, putting a finger on his chin and looking up at the ceiling in thinking mode. "The way she stopped talking though it seemed like someone was brainwashing her………." Amber and my face went white for just a second.

"Aw come on! Brainwash? Nah, no one can brainwash people!" I said trying to make a cover for us.

"Yes, I suppose you're right," Kurama said smiling.

"Yeah," I said then sunk in my chair. `Ok, already we've been screamed at in one class and now I had to resort to manipulating my own teacher's mind! What else could happen next? AND IT'S ONLY THE FIRST DAY!'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hehe well this seemed like a good stopping point……….And everyone has been saying to update so here ya go! I'll work on more later. Gee………and here I was hoping to get the whole first day in one chapter………oh well! Review!