Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ New Beginning ❯ Fixing Minor Problems ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer applies.

New Beginning

Chapter 5- Fixing minor problems

"Robin! You have to do something! This is out of control," Amber hissed into my ear. I nodded my head to agree with her. At first I thought manipulating the teacher's mind to think we were good students was a good idea, but now it's terrible! We had to answer every question and do everything for her. It was like we were the only students in the class! Kurama didn't seem to mind since it seemed like he was a freakin' genius!

"Aww, Robin! Would you please go to the teacher's lounge and get me a grape soda? My throat is starting to feel dry. Actually make that an orange soda," Mrs. Madao called out from the front of the room. If glares could throw daggers she would be pinned up to the wall by 1000 by now, the way I was glaring. Slowly though, I stood up and walked out of the classroom, still glaring at her. I took my time going to the teacher's lounge and back. I could just imagine the hell she's putting Amber and Hiei through right now. Hiei of course was denying everything she told him to do.

//Flashback//

"Oh, Hiei dear would you please grab me that workbook over there?" Mrs. Madao said, pointing at the workbooks.

"Hn. You can get it yourself. You're not a senile old hag that can't move. Why should I do it for you?" He snapped at her.

"Aww, that's so cute. You're right, I'll go get it," Then she walked over and got it herself. Everyone stared in awe at her as she passed.

//End of Flashback//

Now that I thought of it, that was pretty funny! I wish I could have recorded his and Kurama's expressions on tape. I could have won a million dollars on one of those funny videos things. As I approached the classroom, soda in hand, I slowed my pace down not wanting to return to that place of torment. But my fate was inevitable as I finally reached the doorway and had to enter.

"Yes, Robin has returned with my drink!" She exclaimed, clapping her hands silently together in a peppy way.

"Yeah, here you go," I said, roughly handing her the drink then going back to my seat.

"Thank you Robin for getting my drink. You are such an excellent student!" I just stared at her and waited for her to get on with the lesson and leave me alone. Finally she started talking again about the lesson and that's when Amber turned to me.

"Do it now! Make her normal again!" She hissed at me.

"What's your problem? You seem madder now."

"You won't believe what she made me do!"

"What?"

"She…made me……dance!" She shivered in disgust.

"Woah! She made you get in front of the class and dance?!"

"YES!" That's when I broke into a laughing fit.

"Stop laughing! She'll hear you!" Amber said, shaking me so I would stop. Slowly I calmed down and looked at her.

"No, you're right though. She has gone too far. Although it would have been funny to see you at the front of the classroom dancing…." I trailed off imagining Amber making a fool of herself.

"Would you hurry up and just do it!!"

"All right, all right!" I whispered, then began concentrating on breaking through her mind. Just like before it was easy to penetrate and I was in. I could hear her thoughts circling around me. Mostly she was thinking about the class right now but there were some other thoughts. Picking up her clothes from the dryers, making dinner for her kids, and buying blood? Weird! `I just better fix this problem!' I concentrated on telling her that we were ordinary kids, not special in any way and that she should just ignore us but give good grades to all four of us. Finally she was convinced and I left her mind. I opened my eyes to see her looking around, blinking.

"Hm, that was weird…" She whispered to herself. Then she saw us and looked us over. "What are your names again?" Kurama and Hiei stared at her like she was an idiot, as did the rest of the class who had seen her acting weird and now even weirder. Amber had a smirk on her face though and gave a nod towards me, saying thank you. I nodded back and looked up to the teacher again.

"Oh, never mind. I'll look you up. Now on with the lesson…" Everyone, however was still staring in awe at her as she continued.

"Does this woman have memory damage or what?!" Hiei spat in disgust at her.

"Who knows," I said, smirking in a knowing way.

"Who cares, at least she's not annoying us anymore!" Amber said happily.

"True…" Kurama inputted.

"You think she's on drugs?" Hiei suggested. We all just stared at him and shrugged. The rest of the class period went like that with her ignoring us while we just sat there waiting for it to be over. Finally the bell rang and we got up from our seats and left the room.

"Well, this is turning out to be a wonderful school isn't it?" Hiei said sarcastically.

"Now Hiei, sure, the first two classes might have been weird but that's okay. I'm sure the others will have normal teachers," Kurama said with a little doubt in his voice. Amber turned my way to give me a knowing glare.

"Why are you glaring at me? I saved your butt earlier! You would have gotten in trouble! I'm not going to do it again though so you better watch it Amber."

"Yeah, well--"

"What are you talking about?" Hiei asked as him and Kurama looked at us confused. We glanced at each other with the same look. We had both forgot we had an audience.

"Oh, just an argument we had earlier this morning." I laughed nervously, hoping they would believe it. They can't know that we had powers, it might freak them out.

"I see…" Kurama said trailing off. There was an awkward moment before Amber finally got tired of it and started talking.

"Well, um… we better be getting to class! We only have 5 minutes to figure out where it is now since we've been talking."

"Yeah Kurama, let's get going," Hiei said, already turning and walking away.

"I suppose we should go now. It was nice meeting you, I'm sure we'll see you later on," Kurama said waving goodbye and leaving. We waved back then pulled out our schedules to see where we were supposed to go next.

"Let's see…" I maneuvered my finger down the page to find third period, "Ah, it's chemistry next with Mr. Hinaha, room 678." I heard Amber groan next to me and I turned to look at her.

"I HATE chemistry!" She said through clenched teeth.

"Well Amber it's a new start as far as chemistry goes. Just try not to set the place on fire again," I smirked when she snapped her head back at me with more energy in her.

"You said you would never mention that again!! And anyway it was an accident!!! It said 314 degrees!" She snapped back at me.

"It also had a F next to it, not a C."

"Whatever, let's just get to class!"

"Okay, okay. It's this way," I pointed my way down the hallway and we took off, not wanting to be late on the first day even though the teachers were being a bit flexible on that issue since people were still finding their way around the school.

"Here we are! Chemistry 678!" I cried triumphantly as we found the room.

"Let's just get inside," Amber said, shoving me through the open door.

"Gee, thanks for the help." I walked forward but stopped as I saw two people I thought I wouldn't be seeing for a while. They were sitting back row and staring at us in a surprise, too.

"You've got to be kidding me!" Hiei exclaimed as he saw the two people he thought he had gotten away from for a while. Or at least the blond one. He didn't mind Robin that much.

"Why, hello again," Kurama said, waving us over to the two seats next to him and Hiei that were open. Lucky us there were 4 to a counter desk. We walked over and sat in them with me sitting next to Hiei for the first time today (If you're looking from the top it would look like this- K, H, R, A). I turned towards them in my seat and held out my hand expectantly. They stared down at it in confusion until I started talking.

"I'm tired of surprises for the day so if you don't mind I would like to see both of your schedules." They looked at me again and then dug them out of their pant pockets and put them in my hand. I pulled out mine and Amber's then laid out all four onto the counter. We studied them carefully and soon found Hiei's worst nightmare…we were all in the same classes.

"It seems we're going to be stuck with each other for the rest of the year," I said, looking down at the proof on the table.

"So it appears," Kurama muttered.

"Not exactly, we have different classes for 7th period," Amber pointed out.

"Yeah, you have Spanish with Kurama and I have English with Hiei."

"Lucky," I heard her whisper.

"Poor Amber, you got stuck with the hard language," I teased.

"Spanish is quite easy actually once you get the hang of it," Kurama said. Amber perked her head up and looked at him.

"You speak Spanish?"

"Not very fluently, but yes I can."

"Yay! That means you can help me!"

"Of course, if you need help I will assist you," Kurama said in that polite, gentleman voice of his.

"And what about you Hiei? Do speak any English?" I questioned.

"Actually yes. We had lived in America until we moved back here."

"So you lived here before…?" I trailed off as I remembered my childhood friends who left us to go to America. Their faces were still drawing blanks in my head as I tried to remember what they looked like. I didn't realize that I was dazing off until Hiei started waving his hand in my face.

"Huh? What?" I elegantly said (sarcastic).

"You looked like you were in another world," He replied.

"Oh, just what you said reminded me of some friends me and Amber had as kids that left to go to America," I said.

"Oh really?" Kurama said curiously, "What were they like?"

"Well…" I trailed off, not knowing what to say. I definitely couldn't tell them that they had powers and were demons that lived be themselves, "Their parents were friends with my parents so that's how I got to know them. They were brothers and they soon met Amber since she was my next door neighbor and still is. Later their parents got a job transfer and moved to America. We haven't hear from them since."

"That's a shame," Kurama said. Before we could say anything else the teacher walked in and began discussing what we would be doing in Chemistry this year. His words drowned out as my guilt took over. `I can't believe I lied. Especially about them! But my first thoughts were right, I couldn't tell them the actual truth. They think we're weird enough as it is…' Finally as I got my thoughts straight I began listening to the teacher and making sure Amber didn't touch anything. I was completely oblivious to the secret conversation going on between Hiei and Kurama.

`That was an awfully close story' Kurama thought.

`It didn't match up though so it couldn't be them' Hiei replied.

`I was so sure until she actually began telling the story…'

`Obviously not us though. We didn't have parents that knew her parents and we didn't move because they had a job transfer. We also weren't brothers. None of it fits. It's just some lucky coincidence that things seemed so close'

`I suppose you're right'

`Of course'

After that they cut off the telepathic conversation and listened to the teacher at the front of the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow! Well they almost found out didn't they! I'm sorry to cut it at only 3 and a half pages but you guys have been waiting so long and I hate that feeling. I'll try to fit in History, Algebra and Study Hall for the next chapter and then in the next chapter I'll finish up the first day. Sorry it has taken so long! See, on this story I don't really have it planned out like I do on my other stories. I'm just improvising as I go. That's why it takes me so long. I know where I want to end, I'm just having trouble getting there so bear with me! Please leave reviews! It helps me along! So…REVIEW!!!!!